• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Parise Watch [update x2]: Red Wings OUT of Running

Rate this topic

starting to think we should just do Semin+Ryan. We have the pieces to land Ryan who is younger and has a high ceiling. I also think that we should start giving Semin the attention he deserves before he goes to a bottom feeder that went all in. Then we are left with nothing but Sammy and Tootoo....

Aww, I feel so bad for the little gazillionairre having to decide which city he wants to eat out of his hand for the next umpteen years. Boy he's sure got it rough. :thumbdown:

esteef

No one's saying he's got it rough. They're saying give the guy a few days to sort through his options now that his options are concrete. There's nothing wrong with that, at all.

Entitlement

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An entitlement is a guarantee of access to benefits based on established rights or by legislation. A "right" is itself an entitlement associated with a moral or social principle, such that an "entitlement" is a provision made in accordance with legal framework of a society. Typically, entitlements are laws based on concepts of principle ("rights") which are themselves based in concepts of social equality or enfranchisement.

In a casual sense, the term "entitlement" refers to a notion or belief that one (or oneself) is deserving of some particular reward or benefit[1]—if given without deeper legal or principled cause, the term is often given with pejorative connotation (e.g. a "sense of entitlement").

Who has a bigger entitlement issue right now?

Guy A, who wants a few days to decide where to work for the next 10-12+ years and where he'll start his family or Guy B, who is posting on a message board pissed off at Guy A for not making an instant decision.

Edited by gcom007

No one's saying he's got it rough. They're saying give the guy a few days to sort through his options now that his options are concrete. There's nothing wrong with that, at all.

Who has a bigger entitlement issue right now?

Guy A, who wants a few days to decide where to work for the next 10-12+ years and where he'll start his family or Guy B, who is posting on a message board pissed off at Guy A for not making an instant decision.

You know where you can stick your definition?

esteef

Time to move on from Parise. July has been coming all along. He has had plenty of time to consider where whe wants to go even before July 1. At the prices being discussed for him I would move on and beat the rush to get the best available forwards. It will be even more important if we don't land Sutter. I realize these are kids, but it's a little pathetic. It would be different if they didn't have months or weeks to consider what has the most value for themselves.

You know where you can stick your definition?

esteef

Womp womp.

"Mark Masters @markhmasters Parise on taking his time: 'It's such a long-term, important decision, you have to make sure you look at everything'"

"Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun Agree RT @CraigCustance: Why are people mad at Parise? He's one of the most conscientious players . He's earned right to take his time."

Time to move on from Parise. July has been coming all along. He has had plenty of time to consider where whe wants to go even before July 1. At the prices being discussed for him I would move on and beat the rush to get the best available forwards. It will be even more important if we don't land Sutter. I realize these are kids, but it's a little pathetic. It would be different if they didn't have months or weeks to consider what has the most value for themselves.

Doan's not doing anything until next week and Semin would be dumb to sign before Parise as his stock will go up as soon as Parise's off the market and the losers look to FA Plan B. The lower tier guys aren't affected by this. There's little to see here. Despite what the foolish rumor mongers desperately try to suggest, there just aren't that many dominoes waiting to fall this off-season.

So is parise really choosing between 2 teams? if so which ones? The thread title seems misleading otherwise...

No one knows jack right now. It's been amusing though. Everyone's put their Pop Tart in the toaster and are pissed that the toaster hasn't pop up yet.

Bottom line. It's his decision, whatever his reasons are. I get uptight about a lot of things but not this kind of thing. He has to be seriously considering where he's going to be the happiest and most fulfilled, with a chance at the Cup. If it were just the money, he would have made his decision when all the offers were first thrown in his face. Granted, it's a quality problem, but he has every right to take his time sorting it out.

Not Pens, not Pens, not Pens!

Not Slitherin! Not Slitherin!

This is pathetic, if I'm a free agent I would all ready have an idea where I would want to go play.

He probably does. That's why there aren't still 20 teams in the running. But have you considered that there are many places he might like to play for a variety of reasons, each with pros and cons? And that despite playing it through your head, you have no real idea what you're dealing with exactly until teams can actually call and send over their offers, and they couldn't do that before 30 hours ago, and they likely couldn't reasonably start sorting through it until about 24 hours ago.

So the guy and his agent have had about 30 hours to deal with concrete choices and actually have discussions with teams about those choices and your upset because he wants another 12-24 hours?

You're sitting on a message board. He's debating a decision that will have an enormous affect on the next 12 years of his life. Take a step back and think about that for a minute.

And for the record, his agent was quoted as saying a decision could still come tonight if made early enough about an hour ago, so again, try to have a little patience and empathy for the guy.

Doan's not doing anything until next week and Semin would be dumb to sign before Parise as his stock will go up as soon as Parise's off the market and the losers look to FA Plan B. The lower tier guys aren't affected by this. There's little to see here. Despite what the foolish rumor mongers desperately try to suggest, there just aren't that many dominoes waiting to fall this off-season.

Doan was snubbed by Holland & Yzerman in the past. He will have plenty of offers from strong teams that have not to choose from. I think it looks like a trade will be necessary. In our case a multi team trade. The sooner we start the more competative we can become. Just my opinion.

Bottom line. It's his decision, whatever his reasons are. I get uptight about a lot of things but not this kind of thing. He has to be seriously considering where he's going to be the happiest and most fulfilled, with a chance at the Cup. If it were just the money, he would have made his decision when all the offers were first thrown in his face. Granted, it's a quality problem, but he has every right to take his time sorting it out.

Exactly. We should be encouraged that it's obviously not just about the money if his decision has taken this long.

Doan was snubbed by Holland & Yzerman in the past. He will have plenty of offers from strong teams that have not to choose from. I think it looks like a trade will be necessary. In our case a multi team trade. The sooner we start the more competative we can become. Just my opinion.

I think we'll be trading too, I was just saying that I don't think the other big name FA's are sweating the situation as hard as fans think they are.

He probably does. That's why there aren't still 20 teams in the running. But have you considered that there are many places he might like to play for a variety of reasons, each with pros and cons? And that despite playing it through your head, you have no real idea what you're dealing with exactly until teams can actually call and send over their offers, and they couldn't do that before 30 hours ago, and they likely couldn't reasonably start sorting through it until about 24 hours ago.

So the guy and his agent have had about 30 hours to deal with concrete choices and actually have discussions with teams about those choices and your upset because he wants another 12-24 hours?

You're sitting on a message board. He's debating a decision that will have an enormous affect on the next 12 years of his life. Take a step back and think about that for a minute.

And for the record, his agent was quoted as saying a decision could still come tonight if made early enough about an hour ago, so again, try to have a little patience and empathy for the guy.

He could still (publicly) narrow down the list of teams. A lot of teams are handcuffed right now because they don't know what is going on.

Edited by CaptainCaveMan

He could still narrow down the list of teams. A lot of teams are handcuffed right now because they don't know what is going on.

He has. It was confirmed earlier that some teams have been told that they're out. If a team has an offer in and hasn't been told that they're out, they're likely still in.

He has. It was confirmed earlier that some teams have been told that they're out. If a team has an offer in and hasn't been told that they're out, they're likely still in.

Yes, continue to hold the remaining teams hostage while the others who have already been excused can buy up the remaining assets. Thanks Zach!

This is nothing more than posturing to draw more f***in money out of more pockets.

esteef

Edited by esteef

At this point I'd just want to address our Defensive issues right now and hopefully we can land Suter to solve that. It's something like this is why I hate the signings of Tootoo and Samuelsson on Day 1 of Free Agency if it's a money issue we could have had a better chance at getting both of them. Now I'm not so sure with only around $17 Million based on what Cap Geek says we will land even one. If it's just about money than we will lose both of them IMHO but if it's about making a better career choice as to haveing a successfull career and winning a Stanley Cup the Wings should still be one of the top teams in contention for these big-name players. As much as I want Parise we need Suter the most but if they both wanna go to the same team than we may lose both of them and that's a scary thing to think about especially still needing a Big D-Man to replace Liddy and another one to replace Stuart. I personally would rather see Parise either come here go to Minnesota or stay in New Jersey. Philly or Pittsburgh would be just too much for me to handle, though I may have to if it comes down to it. I hope something is decided soon becasue I didn't sleep worth a crap last night and when I did sleep all I could dream about was getting or losing one or both of these players to many more night's like this and I'll be part of the Walking Dead. Let's just get this done and move on.