• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Parise Watch [update x2]: Red Wings OUT of Running

Rate this topic

What doe that even mean? I'm really not understanding this scenario... so babs was in the airport and parise was too and just walked by him? does that prove anything?

It's widely been reported that Parise left his agent's offices in Toronto to fly home to Minnesota today and discuss options with his family. Perhaps Parise is allowing a few face-to-face meetings? Or, as I joked about earlier, perhaps he's trying to "casually" run into Zach right off the jetway...

What doe that even mean? I'm really not understanding this scenario... so babs was in the airport and parise was too and just walked by him? does that prove anything?

The coach of the North Dakota Women's Hockey team was in the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport 30 minutes ago and happened to walk by Mike Babcock, and he tweeted about it. It's well known that Zach Parise is flying back to Minneapolis today, and a decision is coming later today (*maybe*). The Red Wings are still "in" on Parise, and they want a face-to-face with him. Babcock is there, likely part of the hard sell.

"We won't guilt trip you into signing like Lou, Zach." :lol:

Suter's agent is also in Minneapolis, I believe.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Babs is going to be attending the press conference later today to announce the Wings signing Parise and Suter. Either that or BABS really enjoys watching girls HS hockey.

That would be rare though. They have had over a year now to work out a deal with their respective teams, if they wanted to stay, why didn't they sign sometime over the past year. The only reason would be using other offers to up their value in a contract with their existing team. That makes total sense, but you rarely see that. Most cases, when players go to UFA, they sign elsewhere.

I have no actual evidence to back that up of course, I didn't waste my time digging for it, just a sense I've had over the past number of years.

I would agree more often than not your logic makes perfect sense. If there goal has been to find a deal where they can play together, (only they would know this) resigning earlier would have eliminated that opportunity.

I admit I didn't consider your point about them feeding off each other to increase there own vaules. Hopefully this drama ends today and Kenny can focus on his next move.

The coach of the North Dakota Women's Hockey team was in the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport 30 minutes ago and happened to walk by Mike Babcock, and he tweeted about it. It's well known that Zach Parise is flying back to Minneapolis today, and a decision is coming later today (*maybe*). The Red Wings are still "in" on Parise, and they want a face-to-face with him. Babcock is there, likely part of the hard sell.

"We won't guilt trip you into signing like Lou, Zach." :lol:

Suter's agent is also in Minneapolis, I believe.

OHHHHH the way I read it I had Parise walking by Babs in an airport. This makes more sense. So babs in in Minny either hoping to entice Parise/Suter or announce something perhaps. Cool.

I believe Suter's agent is in Minneapolis, too... And for all we know Suter may not even be at his farm in Madison, either, since his agent wouldn't divulge that information anyway. So Babcock could be there for Parise, or for Suter, or (please, please, please) for both.

No mention of other management staff there that I've seen, but I'd be surprised if Babcock is flying solo.

Best fan-sent tweet I've seen regarding Babcock in the MSP airport...

It's entirely possible Babcock's at the MSP airport with plans to death stare Parise into PTSD.

As well as the FAKE Mike Babcock twitter's post...

Thanks for not saying hi, jerk RT @UND_WIH: Honestly just walked past Detroit Red Wings coach Mike Babcock in the MSP airport!!

(Can't emphasize FAKE enough, there.)

Well, if it's true that Parise is down to two or three teams, it's a good sign that Babcock has flown to the city, whether or not Parise will be meeting with potential suitors. The fact that he's there indicates we're in the final group of two or three.

Or it could just mean he's there to push Suter into signing, but it's a strange coincidence, especially considering the rumors that Suter and Parise may be wanting to go to the same place.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Drapes yoir job is to block other teams from getting out of the airport. Pens, Preds, Flyers, Devils, Hawks. Can you please do this? I am sending Toots to help. He can wreck shop and annhilate all of them.

George Malik provided a bit of clarification regarding Babcock in MSP. Might be just pure coincidence after all...

Re: news... ...regarding Babs in Minneapolis? The man spends his offseasons in Saskatchewan. Catching a flight to Saskatoon, folks

Anybody who's gone to Western Canada via the U.S. has to connect to Winnipeg, Calgary, Saskatoon, Edmonton, etc. through MSP.

George Malik provided a bit of clarification regarding Babcock in MSP...

Right. On the day rumored to be the day Parise (and thus maybe Suter) make up their minds, he just happens to be going home. Right when potential signees might want to meet with the coach he's headed out to the middle of nowhere, going AWOL. Something doesn't smell right with that story.

EDIT: He may very well be going home but I find it very hard to believe he's not making a pit stop first.

Drapes yoir job is to block other teams from getting out of the airport. Pens, Preds, Flyers, Devils, Hawks. Can you please do this? I am sending Toots to help. He can wreck shop and annhilate all of them.

Just checked the Pens GM into a Rosetta Stone kiosk in Terminal G.

Right. On the day rumored to be the day Parise (and thus maybe Suter) make up their minds, he just happens to be going home. Right when potential signees might want to meet with the coach he's headed out to the middle of nowhere, going AWOL. Something doesn't smell right with that story.

EDIT: He may very well be going home but I find it very hard to believe he's not making a pit stop first.

^ This. What Malik posted was alluded to on SBNation earlier. No doubt he's heading home at some point, but it's complete horsecrap he's doing that *right now* when the fate of which franchise Parise/Suter still hangs in the balance. If Suter/Parise decide today he can just as easily catch a flight out to SK later today.

To the non-US folks...tomorrow is a holiday here thats typically spent at home with your family, so if he doesn't make his decision today (I personally don't think its likely he'll decide today) then he may not have any additional word until Thursday.

Edited by sleepwalker

Just checked the Pens GM into a Rosetta Stone kiosk in Terminal G.

Haha, as one of the few other Minnesota residents on this board, I laughed at that one. I'm actually going to airport later today to fly back to Detroit - I'll definitely have my eyes open for hockey people.

It's getting kind of bitter over here with some of my Minnesota friends, they really need to believe Parise is coming here. And he might, but where they lose me is when they try to argue that it's a better "hockey decision" to come to Minnesota than Detroit. I'm trying to calmly explain to them that when your best hope for the future are guys that haven't played a game in the NHL yet (Granlund, Coyle), that's not a real selling point to a 28-year old superstar FA.

It's getting kind of bitter over here with some of my Minnesota friends, they really need to believe Parise is coming here. And he might, but where they lose me is when they try to argue that it's a better "hockey decision" to come to Minnesota than Detroit. I'm trying to calmly explain to them that when your best hope for the future are guys that haven't played a game in the NHL yet (Granlund, Coyle), that's not a real selling point to a 28-year old superstar FA.

Exactly. Parise has a chance to win with the cast we have NOW with a few young guys filling in over time (same in Pitt, Philly). Budgeting the future to play with a team of kids that MIGHT make it big and develop before Parise retires is not the greatest scenario.

To the non-US folks...tomorrow is a holiday here thats typically spent at home with your family, so if he doesn't make his decision today (I personally don't think its likely he'll decide today) then he may not have any additional word until Thursday.

There were a few Canadian born players that had no trouble making up their mind to sign on Sunday. July 1st. Canada Day.

Exactly. Parise has a chance to win with the cast we have NOW with a few young guys filling in over time (same in Pitt, Philly). Budgeting the future to play with a team of kids that MIGHT make it big and develop before Parise retires is not the greatest scenario.

Right, which is why I also would not fault the decision to pick a team like PIT or PHI over us. Admit it or not, I think those teams ARE better "win-now" situations than Detroit.

But that isn't the only question, and it may not even be the most important one for Parise. If I had to make a 10-year commitment to the franchise that's going to pay me and hopefully surround me with restocked talent, I'd look at the track record and stability of the front office. Minnesota simply can't offer that - they were an expansion team 12 years ago, and have been thoroughly under-performing (now on their 2nd owner and GM) post-lockout. Pittsburgh bottomed out, but has superstar talent now and an active front office. Same goes for Philly (even if the Bryzgalov deal fails, it still looked a pretty strong effort to fix a problem with the goaltending). Some of those Eastern teams are also much more exciting styles of play.

FYI -

wolfson1_normal.jpgDarren Wolfson@DarrenWolfson

From Lou Nanne earlier: "Soon." RT @JustinJWare:@DarrenWolfson Wait ...what?! Parise is about to land in MSP??#NHL #GoWild