• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Parise Watch [update x2]: Red Wings OUT of Running

Rate this topic

https://twitter.com/...806604953006081

http://www.startribu.../161074355.html

Parise: Has narrowed his list to a "small select group" of teams, agent Wade Arnott said last night. A half-dozen sources that would know confirm the Wild is on it. Parise plans to talk to each team again today. He apparently hasn't yet made a decision and this could take some time today.

Suter: If any decision comes today, I sense it'll be after Parise. From what I can gather, agent Neil Sheehy gathered all the info yesterday from teams and talked to him for awhile last night. He, too, narrowed his list to a grouping that includes the Wild. However, again from what I can gather, Suter didn't officially talk to teams yesterday and that should happen today and it will "likely" include the Wild.

"We haven't decided yet [on a team]," Sheehy said. "Today is a new day and we will see what it brings."

Again, this is a morning update. Things are fluid, change in a hurt, so this surely will be outdated soon.

I just read on Twitter from multiple sources that Philly put in the biggest offers on both the big names so if it is strictly about money they will both be in the orange and black.

this is all for show everybody knows after crosby banged parise and his whole family at game 3 of the finals he's going to pittsburgh .... F him

if we get suter trade quincey.abdelkader and unfortunetly nyquist for bobby ryan , hes got a more cap friendly hit than nash and less term

Where the hell is all this Parise hate coming from? Because Pitt.-based talking heads are playing up the Crosby friendship angle we should all just start hating Parise?

Everything is pointless speculation at this point. Minnesota media says Minnesota, Pittsburgh media says Pittsburgh. Drawing this whole thing out. Any news is better than no news, but I feel like there is little fact and plenty supposition.

Cotsonika states that the Wings have no plans to visit any players today. If Parise's agents were turning away teams yesterday, you'd imagine he'd have a "short list" of teams that he would meet with. If Detroit's not travelling today, then we might not have made the cut...

Still early, and all still speculation at this point, though...

The twitter source says that Parise has narrowed his choice down to two teams. The Star Tribune says he is down to a small group of teams and the Wild are one of those teams.

I'm interpreting "small group" to be more than two teams, which means its entirely possible that the Wild aren't in the top two, assuming Parise has even narrowed it down that far.

In any event, my hopes of Parise being a Wing are dwindling.

If I was Parise and wanted to win a Stanley Cup, where would I go?

Pittsburgh has Crosby and Malkin. That top line would be a killer. On top of that, I have a cup winning goalie on the back end, and a solid defensive core.

Seems like a very easy decision. Pittsburgh is much closer to a stanley cup right now than Detroit is.

Pittsburgh has Crosby and Malkin. That top line would be a killer. On top of that, I have a cup winning goalie on the back end, and a solid defensive core.

Seems like a very easy decision. Pittsburgh is much closer to a stanley cup right now than Detroit is.

Even after there horrid downfall after playing the flyers? Goalie is questionable and always have and their defense did nothing in the playoff to keep the puck out of the net.

Where the hell is all this Parise hate coming from? Because Pitt.-based talking heads are playing up the Crosby friendship angle we should all just start hating Parise?

if he joins pittsburgh the hates valid in my eyes lol if he doesnt come here but goes anywhere but pittsburgh i wouldnt care

The Pens are coming off a monumental meltdown. They don't play D. MAF was shredded by the Flyers. Parise would be living in the shadows of Crosby and Malkin. He'd essentially be replacing J. Staal as the resident workhorse who does 80% of the forward unit's defensive work and gets no credit. And we can offer more $-wise. And I feel like I've said this 35,000 times now. Sorry for that. But for the life of me, I don't know why so many people seem to think the Pens are a near sure-thing.

Edited by Dabura

you forgot to add pittsburgh has bettman

While I agree that Pittsburgh is a good choice, I wouldn't put them above Detroit. Solid defensive core? Did you see the first round? Cup winning goalie? Yeah, SJ has one of those too. While the Wings haven't made it beyond the 2nd round since '09, the Pens have lost 3 of their last 4 playoffs series since '09.

I don't know why so many people seem to think the Pens are a near sure-thing.

We want to be pleasantly surprised. :tounge:

On the other hand Pittsburgh's defense is highly questionable and so is Fleury. Just look at the series against Philly. If they sign Parise they'll have basically no money to improve the team in other ways. Detroit has the money to add Parise and maybe still get Suter or someone else on the defensive side.

Can't say I expect Parise to become a Wing, but it's impossible to speculate what teams he have narrowed it down to. Is NJ still in there? I feel like if he was going to stay in NJ he would have already made that decision. So if there are two teams I'm guessing one is not NJ. Could be Pittsburgh and Minny, could be Wings and someone else.

Personally I'm almost hoping we get Suter and Semin. Parise is going to be sooo expensive.

where is all this LOVE for parise is coning from? He is not like the second coming of Brendan Shahahan (for Detroit).

Edited by RusDRW

I have a hard time seeing Parise sign with another team in the Atlantic division. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that leads his team to the Finals, then in the off season joins a division rival because he says that has the best shot at a championship. I don't think he'd do that to NJ. Which means its really down to us and the Wild.

Personally I'm almost hoping we get Suter and Semin. Parise is going to be sooo expensive.

this. Suter and Semin. I would also somehow trade for Ott to get intimidating 4th line Abs-Ott-Tootoo