• This topic is locked This topic is locked
277 replies to this topic

#221 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

To the non-US folks...tomorrow is a holiday here thats typically spent at home with your family, so if he doesn't make his decision today (I personally don't think its likely he'll decide today) then he may not have any additional word until Thursday.

Edited by sleepwalker, 03 July 2012 - 10:50 AM.

#222 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

Just checked the Pens GM into a Rosetta Stone kiosk in Terminal G.

Haha, as one of the few other Minnesota residents on this board, I laughed at that one. I'm actually going to airport later today to fly back to Detroit - I'll definitely have my eyes open for hockey people.

It's getting kind of bitter over here with some of my Minnesota friends, they really need to believe Parise is coming here. And he might, but where they lose me is when they try to argue that it's a better "hockey decision" to come to Minnesota than Detroit. I'm trying to calmly explain to them that when your best hope for the future are guys that haven't played a game in the NHL yet (Granlund, Coyle), that's not a real selling point to a 28-year old superstar FA.

#223 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:33 AM

It's getting kind of bitter over here with some of my Minnesota friends, they really need to believe Parise is coming here. And he might, but where they lose me is when they try to argue that it's a better "hockey decision" to come to Minnesota than Detroit. I'm trying to calmly explain to them that when your best hope for the future are guys that haven't played a game in the NHL yet (Granlund, Coyle), that's not a real selling point to a 28-year old superstar FA.

Exactly. Parise has a chance to win with the cast we have NOW with a few young guys filling in over time (same in Pitt, Philly). Budgeting the future to play with a team of kids that MIGHT make it big and develop before Parise retires is not the greatest scenario.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#224 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,297 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

To the non-US folks...tomorrow is a holiday here thats typically spent at home with your family, so if he doesn't make his decision today (I personally don't think its likely he'll decide today) then he may not have any additional word until Thursday.

There were a few Canadian born players that had no trouble making up their mind to sign on Sunday. July 1st. Canada Day.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#225 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

Exactly. Parise has a chance to win with the cast we have NOW with a few young guys filling in over time (same in Pitt, Philly). Budgeting the future to play with a team of kids that MIGHT make it big and develop before Parise retires is not the greatest scenario.

Right, which is why I also would not fault the decision to pick a team like PIT or PHI over us. Admit it or not, I think those teams ARE better "win-now" situations than Detroit.

But that isn't the only question, and it may not even be the most important one for Parise. If I had to make a 10-year commitment to the franchise that's going to pay me and hopefully surround me with restocked talent, I'd look at the track record and stability of the front office. Minnesota simply can't offer that - they were an expansion team 12 years ago, and have been thoroughly under-performing (now on their 2nd owner and GM) post-lockout. Pittsburgh bottomed out, but has superstar talent now and an active front office. Same goes for Philly (even if the Bryzgalov deal fails, it still looked a pretty strong effort to fix a problem with the goaltending). Some of those Eastern teams are also much more exciting styles of play.

FYI -

Posted ImageDarren Wolfson@DarrenWolfson

From Lou Nanne earlier: "Soon." RT @JustinJWare:@DarrenWolfson Wait ...what?! Parise is about to land in MSP??#NHL #GoWild

#226 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

I heard from a reliable source that Parise took a dump this morning.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#227 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

esteef

...and that will not compare to the dump he will take if he signs in Minny...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#228 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,297 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

Seriously. Something's going down. I highly doubt that either Parise or Suter planned on dragging this out.

All I can think is that someone blindsided one or both of them with some unanticipated offer, and that this has prompted some sort of existential crisis. Maybe Mario offered them gold plated bunk beds beside Sidney's, in his basement.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#229 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

Via Andy Strickland:

I'm not suggesting Parise is lying, but multiple players who know him very well made it clear he's made a decision #NHL

From what I've seen, he tends to be a reliable source. Regardless, I'm not holding my breath that the Wings get Parise.

#230 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

Still nothing?!
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#231 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

From a reliable source...Parise says he needs 2 months to think about the offers and then talk it over with his fiance. Suter needs more time to see what Zach is doing and then talk it over with his family. Then the Parise family and the Suter family may need all September to decide where the best place to live is. Right now Parise is awaiting word on what his dog wants him to do. Suter has a horse named Trotzie who is his also his best friend. Babs is currently in Minny as we speak negotiating with Trotzie to bring Suter to Detroit. This has been very tough on both Parise and Suter. This could drag on until October even and possibly even December. I am told by various sources of both the Suter's and the Parise's that it is so much more than the money in deciding where these 2 sign. Which teams can offer the best dressing room facilities? Which cities have the best restaurants? Mostly importantly though, and everything may hinge on this 1 criteria...which team's arena has the best free internet WIFI? I am told that THIS may be the key to getting both players. More to come...
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#232 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

esteef

That turned out just to be a rumor. He couldn't decide whether to go number 1 or number 2.

#233 Jedi

Jedi

I used to be a spy...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

Are we at the point where we're complaining about the complaining about Parise/Suter taking so long? Because I can come back...

burnnotice2.png
Covert Ops has its perks. You travel, make your own hours, and expense most of your meals.
The downside? Lots of people want you dead...

#234 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

Seriously. Something's going down. I highly doubt that either Parise or Suter planned on dragging this out.

All I can think is that someone blindsided one or both of them with some unanticipated offer, and that this has prompted some sort of existential crisis. Maybe Mario offered them gold plated bunk beds beside Sidney's, in his basement.

Poor Mario cannot afford both... The offer that knocked them out was Detroit's...of course that is me looking thru the red glasses. I really hope it ends today though...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#235 wheelchairwing

wheelchairwing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

Not to be negative...but maybe Parise's best offer came from Detroit...and he just doesn't want to come...because it's "Detroit" and he can't stomach the town...I hope not.

#236 ozone923

ozone923

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

From a reliable source...Parise says he needs 2 months to think about the offers and then talk it over with his fiance. Suter needs more time to see what Zach is doing and then talk it over with his family. Then the Parise family and the Suter family may need all September to decide where the best place to live is. Right now Parise is awaiting word on what his dog wants him to do. Suter has a horse named Trotzie who is his also his best friend. Babs is currently in Minny as we speak negotiating with Trotzie to bring Suter to Detroit. This has been very tough on both Parise and Suter. This could drag on until October even and possibly even December. I am told by various sources of both the Suter's and the Parise's that it is so much more than the money in deciding where these 2 sign. Which teams can offer the best dressing room facilities? Which cities have the best restaurants? Mostly importantly though, and everything may hinge on this 1 criteria...which team's arena has the best free internet WIFI? I am told that THIS may be the key to getting both players. More to come...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ^^^^

#237 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

the red wings plane flew to madison today http://flightaware.c.../N559LC/history?

#238 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,133 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

Maybe Shero's intimated that Malkin will be cut loose when the time comes...leaving [X PLAYER] to be Crosby's right-hand man. And then when the Pens become a legitimate dynasty and win, like, 90 Cups in a row, everyone will heap praise upon Malkin 2.0 and his - what do you call it again? Oh yeah - "defense" thing that he does.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#239 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

the red wings plane flew to madison today http://flightaware.c.../N559LC/history?

annnnnd in other news that is somewhat similar, apparently Babcock was seen at MSP airport. Hmmm hmmm....
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#240 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

Kenny can offer 91 Cups in a row.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams