• This topic is locked This topic is locked
277 replies to this topic

#261 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

Wherever he goes, he better bef****** great when he gets there or this is gonna look pathetic in hindsight.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#262 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

Sounds like he won't be deciding anytime soon. Also, the little tidbit about he AND his fiancée want to move somewhere they know they'll be happy........meh, sorry for saying, but you don't meet many women in life who's big dream is to move to Detroit. If he was just deciding on a hockey sense, I'd say we be major in the running....but as a joint decision with his ball n chain, I'd say our goose is cooked.

Concentrate on Suter.

I thought about that also...the girlfriend/fiance is from North Dakota, so that obviously favors here. Then again, they're engaged and he was a hockey player in NEW JERSEY, so I don't think it's fair to blame the fiance. I'm sure if Zach feels strongly enough about any one place, the fiance is not going to intervene, though Minnesota may be more "convenient".

I remember watching the 30 for 30 about Gretzky where Janet Jones Gretzky apparently told Gretzky he should come play for Detroit because "it's a hockey town". Of course, this could be a "made-up" story since all of the Canadian hatred directed at her in '88 assumed that she had lured Wayne to L.A. to further pursue her movie career.

People are going into fits over this whole thing, but even if it takes a week, this all gets forgotten afterwards. It isn't like LeBron where he's calling the ESPN special and planning a pep rally the next day - Parise's a fairly low-key guy. I'm as guilty of overanxiousness as anyone, but the truth is that he should be able to take some time to consider these offers, and it's about 99% because of Twitter that people are so frustrated.

Edited by StormJH1, 03 July 2012 - 02:24 PM.

#263 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

Think long, think wrong! Let's Go!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#264 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

The Red Wings are probably a good 12 hrs away from standing outside Suter's house holding a boombox over their heads that's blaring In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel.

LIKE THIS!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#265 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

Positive.

Plus Crosby already has a bunk bed down in Marios basement that he shares with Bettman.

Bunk bed? Everyone knows by now that Gary & Sid share the same bed now...

Posted Image

#266 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

Bunk bed? Everyone knows by now that Gary & Sid share the same bed now...

More like same orifice.

#267 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:11 AM

I'll play a hunch, based on the calendar.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#268 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

Sounds like he won't be deciding anytime soon. Also, the little tidbit about he AND his fiancée want to move somewhere they know they'll be happy........meh, sorry for saying, but you don't meet many women in life who's big dream is to move to Detroit. If he was just deciding on a hockey sense, I'd say we be major in the running....but as a joint decision with his ball n chain, I'd say our goose is cooked.

Concentrate on Suter.

And how many fiances want to live in the coldest major city in the United States? If he chooses the Wild, it's just a bad decision. Who in there right mind would want to play for a team that hasn't made the playoff in like 6 years? Remember, this is like the rest of his career. Given that he is taking his time thinking about all these factors, I don't see him picking the Wild.

In 5, 6 or even 12 years time, these teams could have a completely different make-up. What he really should be considering is who has the best chance to have a good team years from now. Obviously, that will be determined by how good the team management is - GM's, Presidents, owners, coaches, etc, If you think of it in those terms, it's a slam dunk for the Wings.

The only reason that he would chose the Wild would be that (a) he wants to live in Minny and winning is secondary or (b) he thinks that he can be the team's savior and wants all the attention and has convinced himself that he is so great that he could single-handily turn around a franchise.

Remember though, he is taking his time to decide.
Do or do not. There is no try

#269 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

This is getting so crazy

#270 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:15 AM

I know it's a long shot but there are some players (in all major sports) that just want to have fun playing with good friends/teammates and don't put first emphasis on championships.

Look at the flip side of this....even if they never make the playoffs, these guys will put up great numbers and the blame will fall on other players/management. The worst case scenario is they each make $100 million dollars and play 12 years of hockey with their good friend.

Sure it would piss all of the rest of the hockey world off, but I doubt they care too much. Don't be surprised to see them sign in MIN as a pair (and share a kiss afterwards)

#271 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

Are there any rumors that the Wings are interested in Parise? Have they not made an offer?

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#272 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

Dave Molinari@MolinariPG
Pittsburgh is OFFICIALLY OUT on Zach Parise. He will not be joining the Penguins.

Retweeted by Kukla's Korner .com

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#273 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

With the Pittsburgh news it looks like we'll be finding out soon if Detroit is still a suitor or not. *crosses fingers*

#274 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

GLORIOUS

Don't Toews me, bro!

#275 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

greattttt parise said hed only go to minnesota if suter would go apparenty that means there both going to minnesota

hope we dont go sign carle now for 5 years rather save the money and go stronger for shea weber next year

Michael Russo@Russostrib
RT @StarTribune: The #MnWild agrees to terms with Suter, still working on Parise. http://strib.mn/Mx7VAF

Retweeted by Darren Dreger

loserrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i knew it !

#276 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

This seems to appear it may really be between us and the Wild

Nevermind, f***.

#277 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip