• This topic is locked This topic is locked
277 replies to this topic

#21 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,293 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

If I was Parise and wanted to win a Stanley Cup, where would I go?

Pittsburgh has Crosby and Malkin. That top line would be a killer. On top of that, I have a cup winning goalie on the back end, and a solid defensive core.

Seems like a very easy decision. Pittsburgh is much closer to a stanley cup right now than Detroit is.

On the other hand Pittsburgh's defense is highly questionable and so is Fleury. Just look at the series against Philly. If they sign Parise they'll have basically no money to improve the team in other ways. Detroit has the money to add Parise and maybe still get Suter or someone else on the defensive side.

Can't say I expect Parise to become a Wing, but it's impossible to speculate what teams he have narrowed it down to. Is NJ still in there? I feel like if he was going to stay in NJ he would have already made that decision. So if there are two teams I'm guessing one is not NJ. Could be Pittsburgh and Minny, could be Wings and someone else.

Personally I'm almost hoping we get Suter and Semin. Parise is going to be sooo expensive.

#22 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

if he joins pittsburgh the hates valid in my eyes lol if he doesnt come here but goes anywhere but pittsburgh i wouldnt care

If not Detroit, I'm just hoping he follows Marty & re-signs in Jersey. I've got no love for the Devils but I would rather see Parise stay there than sign with the Pens, Flyers, or Wild.

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#23 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

Where the hell is all this Parise hate coming from? Because Pitt.-based talking heads are playing up the Crosby friendship angle we should all just start hating Parise?

where is all this LOVE for parise is coning from? He is not like the second coming of Brendan Shahahan (for Detroit).

Edited by RusDRW, 02 July 2012 - 11:01 AM.

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#24 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

I have a hard time seeing Parise sign with another team in the Atlantic division. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that leads his team to the Finals, then in the off season joins a division rival because he says that has the best shot at a championship. I don't think he'd do that to NJ. Which means its really down to us and the Wild.

#25 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,359 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

Oh man.. I was hoping to wake up and there would be news of signings already! This is frustrating, really still hoping Wings sign Suter and or Parise.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#26 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

Personally I'm almost hoping we get Suter and Semin. Parise is going to be sooo expensive.

this. Suter and Semin. I would also somehow trade for Ott to get intimidating 4th line Abs-Ott-Tootoo
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#27 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

I will say that a few people here were correct. If the Pens do get Parise, they will have 3 stud forwards with a D core that only has Letang. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, but I am just saying that if Parise is choosing between a Cup winning team or not, Minnesota is going to be out.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#28 Jedi

Jedi

Galmar Stone-Fist. Stormcloak. Wings Fan.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,787 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

Now I'm seeing a few tweets mention that Parise may indeed be staying in NJ...

Nick Cotsonika @

Reading all the tweets about there being a good chance Parise stays in Jersey. Sure sounded like it when he spoke to reporters last night.

Andy Strickland @ 10:34am (CST)

Devils still very much in on Parise

2cwlto0.jpg

#29 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

dont be surprised to see parise back in NJ, all people are talking about on twitter
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#30 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,101 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

where is all this LOVE for parise is coning from? He is not like the second coming of Brendan Shahahan (for Detroit).

Solid two-way game. Hard, aggressive forecheck. Fast. Young. Captain. 30 goals on the offensively-challenged Devils; could hit 40 flanking Datsyuk. Gives his all on every shift of every game. He's like Helm with a scoring touch.

I agree that some of the numbers from yesterday were reaching ridiculous levels. But the guy's a stud, and he'd provide some things we're sorely lacking in our top-6, no questions asked.

Infinitely better than Semin.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#31 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

Where the hell is all this Parise hate coming from? Because Pitt.-based talking heads are playing up the Crosby friendship angle we should all just start hating Parise?

I can only imagine what this site would turn into if Holland fails to land either Suter, or Parise.....We got a sample in the Sammuelsson, and Tootoo threads.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#32 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Beat Boston!

• Gold Booster
  • 5,009 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:12 AM

I never got the sense in the past couple days the Red Wings had a great shot of landing Parise. I just hope it isn't Pittsburgh at this point.

Suter, on the other hand, I still feel relatively confident about.

#33 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,787 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

Per Ansar Khan...

Wings, like other teams, are waiting to hear from Suter and Parise's agents. They were told no face-to-face meetings today with any clubs.

2cwlto0.jpg

#34 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,065 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:17 AM

Was just going to post what Jedi did: No face-to-face meetings for any NHL teams with Parise today.

#35 fixxxer

fixxxer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:19 AM

Though there have been twitter comments that Broduer has been talking with ZP this morning and likely this afternon.

*spelling edit

Edited by fixxxer, 02 July 2012 - 11:20 AM.

#36 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

Hopefully, he will just return to the NJD and we can grab Semin and Suter end of story and Pittsburgh won't be a powerhouse.

#37 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,101 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:24 AM

Per Ansar Khan...

So...meaning, Suter and Parise don't want to meet with anyone today? :sleepy:

Don't Toews me, bro!

#38 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

Chicago Major Player in Parise Sweeps. (E4)Posted Image

"from an outstanding source. not saying it'll happen, but they are in."
- Eklund
Comments [0] | Chicago Blackhawks Payroll

LOL man eklund is always good for a laugh , not saying itll happen but they are in hahahaha

hey guys i just heard from a great source ! columbus blue jackets are in on parise !!! not saying itll happen though but they are in !

hahahaha

#39 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,787 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

Eklund now believes that Chicago is a contender for Parise? :blink:

2cwlto0.jpg

#40 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:33 AM

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger
To trade Bobby Ryan, the Ducks want a few pieces, including a 2nd line center.

i guess forget the bobby ryan suggestion unless we actually give away filppula which i doubt we'd do and even then i doubt itll be enough for them

we might have to take risks and trade for guys like chris stewart (which would require a 3rd team) who underachieved but have potential to rebound

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 02 July 2012 - 11:35 AM.