• This topic is locked This topic is locked
277 replies to this topic

#161 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

Personally I'd rather have Gezlaf or Ryan. Francine and Cleary for either one.

#162 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,060 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

Personally I'd rather have Gezlaf or Ryan. Francine and Cleary for either one.

No Perry? Or just because they'd be easier to acquire?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#163 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

Regardless of if we get parise somebody is gerting traded in a package... We have too many third/4th liners

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#164 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

At this point I'd just want to address our Defensive issues right now and hopefully we can land Suter to solve that. It's something like this is why I hate the signings of Tootoo and Samuelsson on Day 1 of Free Agency if it's a money issue we could have had a better chance at getting both of them. Now I'm not so sure with only around $17 Million based on what Cap Geek says we will land even one. If it's just about money than we will lose both of them IMHO but if it's about making a better career choice as to haveing a successfull career and winning a Stanley Cup the Wings should still be one of the top teams in contention for these big-name players.

Can you please explain how having "only" 17m would in any way hurt our ability to get one of the two?

Even in considering pursuing both of them, trades are possible to shed salary. We're certainly not going into next season with 16 forwards, so trading or waiving players is inevitable with or without Parise. And if both Suter and Parise want 9 million per season, we'd be better off without having TWO such ridiculous cap hits anyways.

We lacked depth this past year and now have a little more. I think that peoples' personal dislikes of the new players are causing over-exaggerations about the room/cap space they take up.

Edited by Zetts, 02 July 2012 - 07:34 PM.

#165 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

I don't know how much stock to put in it, since I never followed this guy on Twitter prior to another user here posting a rumor from him today. @NHLSourcesSay has just tweeted:

For the people who think Parise is still undecided (media) your wrong....he actually has, working out details of deal, he is a #Penguin

I'm still inclined not to believe it from this source.

Edited by Zetts, 02 July 2012 - 07:38 PM.

#166 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

He used the wrong "your" so i dont think hes legit

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#167 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

I don't know how much stock to put in it, since I never followed this guy on Twitter prior to another user here posting a rumor from him today. @NHLSourcesSay has just tweeted:

I'm still inclined not to believe it from this source.

Agreed.

He's an Eklund wanna be. With bad grammar.

I'm going to make the completely baseless prediction that the Wings don't get Parise and Suter, but sign Semin and Carle instead.

#168 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

Agreed.
I'm going to make the completely baseless prediction that the Wings don't get Parise and Suter, but sign Semin and Carle instead.

LGW explodes.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#169 cupcrazy

cupcrazy

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 824 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

Agreed.

The longer it takes them to decide, the more I believe they want to go to the same team, or just resign.
Posted Image

#170 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

Agreed.

At this rate, I’d take that. + a trade
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#171 YougotDatsyuked

YougotDatsyuked

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

The longer it takes them to decide, the more I believe they want to go to the same team, or just resign.

Agreed, or Suter is just waiting for Parise to make a choice so he can decide if he could see himself playing there or not. I still think he comes here, maybe I have to think that for my sanity.

#172 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,060 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

Semin and Carle would be disappointing indeed.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#173 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

At this rate, I’d take that. + a trade

Semin in particular seems more Holland's style rather than land the biggest (and most expensive) fish out there. A talented player who's got somewhat of a bad rep and can live up to their potential here. Plus the lure of playing with Datsyuk. Hoping that with Detroit he'd shake the questionable work ethic tag.

#174 cupcrazy

cupcrazy

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 824 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

Semin in particular seems more Holland's style rather than land the biggest (and most expensive) fish out there. A talented player who's got somewhat of a bad rep and can live up to their potential here. Plus the lure of playing with Datsyuk. Hoping that with Detroit he'd shake the questionable work ethic tag.

When I look at Semin I see Robert Lang all over again, has the talent, but lacks the heart.
Posted Image

#175 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

When I look at Semin I see Robert Lang all over again, has the talent, but lacks the heart.

I was a huge Lang fan throughout his career and your point is well taken. But here's the main question, if we don't get Parise we need to do something to help our overall goal production to help Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Franzen has proven he's far too streaky to be a significant help or a big game player--at least the last few years. So with that in mind, outside of Semin who sale could we really sign that's going to support our offense?

#176 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:26 AM

http://www.prosports...eal-683549.html

all rumors of course

But how the f*** is Chicago in the running for Parise?

#177 cupcrazy

cupcrazy

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 824 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

I was a huge Lang fan throughout his career and your point is well taken. But here's the main question, if we don't get Parise we need to do something to help our overall goal production to help Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Franzen has proven he's far too streaky to be a significant help or a big game player--at least the last few years. So with that in mind, outside of Semin who sale could we really sign that's going to support our offense?

Franzen has had a 50 point season every year since the 08-09 season except for 09-10 where he only played 27 games due to injury. If you look at his stats he's been pretty consistent during the season.

I will agree he has been a non factor the last three years in the playoffs with a total of 22 points combined since the 2010 playoffs compared to 23 points in just the 2009 run. I wonder if maybe it was more that Franzen over achieved during the 08 and 09 runs more so than him being streaky.

As for Datsyuk and Zetterberg needing help I agree 110%, I just don't know who can fill that void of the available players beyond Parise or Nash if neither work out. The only other option would be Doan, I just don't see him leaving Phoenix if they can save that franchise.
Posted Image

#178 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

I really don't see Parise going to Pittsburgh, honestly. Playing with Crosby would be fun on the ice, but just ask anyone who has left the team, it sucks playing in his shadow, they have no goalie or defense.

But who knows what perspective a player takes when considering teams. They may not analyze it the way we do. He may just see lots of money, a perennial playoff team and think that's good enough.

There's no way in hell the Wild are among his final picks. I'll eat my hat if that's the case. Don't care what the rumors say. I have a bad feeling about him coming to Detroit, which I don't understand. Datsyuk would be just as fun to play with as Crosby, he knows we're going to improve our D corps and our back end is likely stronger than MAF. Plus, we're an original 6 team and our players and management are all class.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#179 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,460 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

That would be rare though. They have had over a year now to work out a deal with their respective teams, if they wanted to stay, why didn't they sign sometime over the past year. The only reason would be using other offers to up their value in a contract with their existing team. That makes total sense, but you rarely see that. Most cases, when players go to UFA, they sign elsewhere.

I have no actual evidence to back that up of course, I didn't waste my time digging for it, just a sense I've had over the past number of years.

#180 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:06 AM

The 'ol bait and switch....they both bolt to the KHL with Radulov leaving all of the teams interested forced to fight over Semin and Jagr.