• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Shaman

G Joey MacDonald asks for trade

Rate this topic

After the Wings signing Monster yesterday reports are that Joey Mac wants a trade.

Andy Strickland

Goalie Joey MacDonald would like the Red Wings

to trade him to team where he has chance to stick on NHL roster. Makes one-way money next yr

Edited by Matt

I would too. I thought he played well when called up this year, only to have Gus signed right in his face. Oh well, good luck Joey!

esteef

Red Wings fans barely know what does it mean to play good as a goaltender. Look at Rinne, Lunquist, Quick, Brodear, well even Backstrom. Those G are playing good. Howard is playing satisfactory with some good games in-between. That's why Gus would be nice for us to have. At least, we''l have a chance to have a good G.

Red Wings fans barely know what does it mean to play good as a goaltender. Look at Rinne, Lunquist, Quick, Brodear, well even Backstrom. Those G are playing good. Howard is playing satisfactory with some good games in-between. That's why Gus would be nice for us to have. At least, we''l have a chance to have a good G.

Howard is much better than Backstrom. Better SV% and GAA.

Howard will never get the credit he deserves, it's unbelievable. Do people forget he put up top 5 numbers his first full season?

Howard, prior to hitting the injury bug around mid/late season, was being mentioned for the Vezina. His numbers were that good, and he had to start more games because our backup situation was not working out that well. Howard is just as good as every goalie you mentioned.

Islanders?

Edited by haroldsnepsts
removed personal attack from an otherwise solid post. Next time the whole post gets deleted.

I feel bad for JMac, as I said in another post, I think he filled in awesome for us last season when Howie went down. He even helped us extend home winning streak to break record, to my recollection. If he is healthy, I would have liked to see us give him the backup role, I think he deserved it playing in the minors and waiting patiently. Monster has more NHL experience but we'll see if he is better in the long run, I think Monster's stat last year was 17-17. Joey Mac's was 8-5 ... I know, not the same body of work but still.

Hope Kenny will do the right thing and send him to a place where he will get a chance to be a backup.

OP, maybe 'requesting' or 'asking' is more accurate than 'demanding a trade'. Who can blame him for asking? Demanding ... he doesn't really have a right to demand.

Edited by RedWingsRox

If Joey Mac isn't involved in some sort of package trade (which I really doubt he would be).. Holland will trade him for a 7th or something small just to be nice to Joey. That's just how holland is. Would love to keep him as a #3 goalie though.