• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Shaman

G Joey MacDonald asks for trade

Rate this topic

Winnipeg does look like the only place that makes sense right now, though it's possibly VAN or LA could use a back up if they trade their current ones and don't receive another in return. But there are still other serviceable back-ups available as UFAs, so it could be a tough go for him.

Also, I'm not sure if a source has been included in this thread, so just for the record:

Holland also addressed the rumor that Joey MacDonald had asked for a trade—and this is more or less an inevitability because, as Pleiness points out, MacDonald’s contract is a one-way, NHL-only deal for the 2012-2013 season, which means he’d have to clear re-entry waivers if he was sent to Grand Rapids and then recalled:

“His agent called and wanted to know what was the plan for him,” Holland said. “He doesn’t want to be in the AHL. If we can find Joey an opportunity in the NHL, we will.”

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/tmr/comments/red_wings_evening_news_the_waiting_game_and_catching_up_on_tvrdon_conner_ma/

...I guess Winnipeg is out of the picture given they picked up Montoya.

I could see the Islanders or Coyotes looking for some depth at goal. Possibly TOR / VAN depending on what happens with Luongo. Even Chicago might look for a little security on the back end, a third option to Emery and Crawford if needed. Maybe Detroit could swing a guy like Montador out of Chicago for MacDonald, apparently he is on the block, and I'm assuming they want to shed his salary.

None of those options would be likely to keep him in the NHL straight away, but *might* put him closer than we can...

Why not Philly? Out of conference and they got rid of Bobrovski

pretty sure they re-signed leighton to be their back-up who is a pretty decent plan B guy IMO as he has cup final experience. dont think many teams are going to be all that interested in joey to be an everyday nhler but more so for the same role that he already has here.

he had his linsanity / 15 minutes... (macsanity?) but in reality he is a career ahler with no real future in the big league as tough as that is to hear for a lot of people around here.

requesting a trade may just result in him being waived if there are no suitors

This is disappointing to hear. Strangely I just found out that a co-worker of mine is friends with Joey. A little inside info, apparently the first team mate that called Joey was Howard. He was upset at the fact that they picked up Jonas Gustavsson especially cause the Wings organization isn't sure that Howard will resign with them when he goes up for free agency next year.