• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ismael313

Bobby Ryan

Rate this topic

Maybe all of us fans can pool up some cash to make an offer for Ryan before he's gone since our GM won't do it...

I know that sadly it doesn't work like that, wishful thinking on my part.

I got 5 on it.

Edited by cchase231

even before Nash was off the table, I thought this was the better way to go via trade... I just don't see the Ducks dealing with us either and if they do, probably asking for too much... if he's an option though, I would like to see a strong push for Ryan

No more "strong push"ing, IMO. No more kicking tires, helluva offers, trying really hard, pricing out, safety zoning.

Nike. Just do it.

Don't be a fool, it takes two parties to trade and you can't force your way into a trade, if the other team isn't willing to talk, it's not an option... neither is raining cash on a FA, until they "see things your way" this is not the pre-cap world... you don't cripple your team in the long term for a MINOR short term upgrade... stop being so short sighted...

Guest Hatethedrake!

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Bobby Ryan ($5.100m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Shane Doan ($5.500m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Keith Yandle ($5.250m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.775m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,033,712; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,166,288

Guest RedWingsDad

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Bobby Ryan ($5.100m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Shane Doan ($5.500m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Keith Yandle ($5.250m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.775m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,033,712; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,166,288

What was it exactly we gave up to get both Bobby Ryan AND Yandle? Fillpulla and Nyquist? bah ha ha

No more "strong push"ing, IMO. No more kicking tires, helluva offers, trying really hard, pricing out, safety zoning.

Nike. Just do it.

So let me get this now....Reading your posts all through out this whole off season what I get from them is you think that we missed out on Parise,Suter and now Nash was all Holland and comp's fault for not offering more in money and or trade and nothing to do with 2 players wanting to play with each other and both wanting to play closer to home in Minn and another players GM saying pretty much there is no way in hell that CBJ will trade/deal with the wings? Is that correct? I just want to make sure I understand.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

Guest Hatethedrake!

What was it exactly we gave up to get both Bobby Ryan AND Yandle? Fillpulla and Nyquist? bah ha ha

Yeah I know. LOL I will leave that up to Kenny. :lol:

http://bleacherrepor...n-is-great-move

Simple feel-good daydream piece, no news or rumors or revelations. Just boner.

Nice and a good read. Ryan hasn't even hit his prime yet. I think he's quite talented I really hope Kenny makes a push for him. At the end of the day after all the big names of Suter, Parise, Nash etc etc whether UFA or RFA or neither. I've thought with Ryan's ability he could benefit us long term. f*** would love to see Ryan in the Winged Wheel.

p.s we aren't getting Ryan :(

Guest Hatethedrake!

The only thing is that Ryan's price will be much higher than Nash was. Murray can deal him to any team because Ryan does not have a no trade clause. Still, I'd give up Flip, Nyquist and a 1st to get a deal done. I'd be willing to give up Mule but I doubt Murray would want him.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

I'd REALLY love Ryan. But knowing Holland, if he makes a trade it will be a sensible one in which a top 4 dman comes back instead of a top 3 fwd. The price will be "too high" for Ryan as it has been for holland on most occasions and that will be that. I think a deal could be swung that provides Anaheim with good future depth. We need to shed a bottom six player pretty badly at this point so one will go back to provide depth. Cleary holds little value on a one year deal (so does Fil but he isn't as old and is the 2C they need). It would be nice to get Semin AND Ryan and then still have assets to trade for a dman if there is one available for the right price.

One of:

Filppula, Miller, 1st

or

Franzen, Eaves, Tatar, 2nd

The only thing is that Ryan's price will be much higher than Nash was. Murray can deal him to any team because Ryan does not have a no trade clause. Still, I'd give up Flip, Nyquist and a 1st to get a deal done. I'd be willing to give up Mule but I doubt Murray would want him.

Fil, Nyquist, 1st is way to much. Fil alone is almost worth Ryan other than his contract length currently. IMO Fil, Bottom 6er, 1st should do it. Especially considering our 1st is worth more in a year where we are looking to be declining.

I'd REALLY love Ryan. But knowing Holland, if he makes a trade it will be a sensible one in which a top 4 dman comes back instead of a top 3 fwd. The price will be "too high" for Ryan as it has been for holland on most occasions and that will be that. I think a deal could be swung that provides Anaheim with good future depth. We need to shed a bottom six player pretty badly at this point so one will go back to provide depth. Cleary holds little value on a one year deal (so does Fil but he isn't as old and is the 2C they need). It would be nice to get Semin AND Ryan and then still have assets to trade for a dman if there is one available for the right price.

One of:

Filppula, Miller, 1st

or

Franzen, Eaves, Tatar, 2nd

Doubt any team would take Eaves in his current state

Still want a defenseman much more than a winger.

Since we are going to be forced to get a couple second or third tier D man, it could salvage the off season if we were to pick ot a top six sniper. That way our focus could be on Top D at trade deadline or next year?