• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ismael313

Bobby Ryan

Rate this topic

I would trade either Franzen or Flip in a heartbeat for Ryan. He's 25 with 4 straight 30 goal seasons and no albatross of a contract. With Dats or Z feeding him, that's a no-brainer. (in MY book....don't flame me, Flip or Mule lovers..)

I also think Kindl is a much better player than most give him credit for.

Agreed.

I would trade either Franzen or Flip in a heartbeat for Ryan. He's 25 with 4 straight 30 goal seasons and no albatross of a contract. With Dats or Z feeding him, that's a no-brainer. (in MY book....don't flame me, Flip or Mule lovers..)

Although it would sadden me to see him go, and I'd do everything to make it Mule instead of Flip, I would have to agree.

I think that might be because no one thinks other teams will want his long term contract.. Not 100% sure tho

Franzen's contract is long, but it's also very cap friendly at about $3.9 million per. They signed that one around the time of the Zetterberg, Pronger, and Lunongo deals when it was still a bit of a gray area how you could circumvent the cap with longer deals. The Kovalchuk signing forced teams to be more cautious.

I think Franzen should absolutely be considered if they go the trade route...his perception around the league should be good enough that he could get decent value in return. I would think Franzen plus a prospect, pick, or both could be a fairly even deal, depending on which other pieces are involved.

I agree, people are overrating Ryan a bit and underrating Filppula. Ryan has a career high of 71 points. The proposed trade of Filppula, Kindl and Tatar is not crazy imo. I wonder what Anaheim is asking, but if it's much more than that I say HELL NO.

I'm not part of the parade that have been saying trade Flip, but while Ryan has hit 71 points that is higher than Flip's ever managed. And he's been a 30 goal scorer 4 times now, every season he's been playing except his first when he only played 23 games. I think Flip probably brings a lot more two way play, but his career high is 23 goals and 66 points, which is well above his averages before that.

I guess it depends on if you think that Flip has turned the corner, or if that was pretty much his peak.

Filppula is NOT table scraps. 60 points and awesome defense. In my mind its almost an even trade between Fil and Ryan... but some people call me CRAAAAAAZAAAAY.

no, that not. mind you, I live in Netherlands, I can think of different reason to say stuff like that not being crazy at all...

marijuana_leaf.gif

I mean... I love Flip and his work ethics but him and Ryan is no match... really... peace, bro!

Why in the world would you want to trade Frazen with his amazing contract? Can you think of any players in the league that are as good for that low of a cap hit? Maybe a couple who have like 1 or 2 years on their contracts who will then demand a way higher pay. What is going to make teams good is having players signed of Franzens caliber for a cap hit that low. Franzens one of the best values you can get. Yeah sure he isn't Datsyuk but he only gets paid half too.

Holland should be focusing on Ryan. Parise is playing games and if he signs somewhere else Ryan and Nash's value goes sky rocket. Ryan is a great player that the wings havent even shown interest in, unless I don't know about it.

As absurd as the amount of signings usually are the first day or two of free agency, there will always be a few that take longer. Parise should and likely is still considered a top target by the Wings, he's not doing anything out of whack.

That being said I'd love Bobby Ryan on the roster.

I honestly don't understand why the Ducks keep dangling Ryan.

But according to Dreger, they're saying they want a 2nd line center for him and a few other pieces.

https://twitter.com/...#!/DarrenDreger

Well Filppula is a 2nd line center and he would draw them Selanne back for another year...also Franzen is a natural Center... We got the goods, if we can't get Nash, get Ryan...

Seems like the ducks really want a second line center, which Detroit can definitely offer with Filppula. Detroits also got enough prospects that they can afford to part ways with if they have too. I really think this is a legit possibity because trades are gonna come this offseason.

Franzen Datsyuk Brunner

Ryan Zetty Bert?

Samuellson (someone at center) Cleary

Abdelkader Helm Tootoo

Seems like some kind of trade with Miller/Eaves could happen to get a legit bottom 6 centerman as well as Filppula being moved for a winger

Wow Murray is just crazy doesn't he know dealing Ryan = losing Getzlaf and Perry next season for sure? I mean, Burke is a stupid cementhead but Murrjay even tops him.

Howson, Snow and Murray = trio infernale

Imagine you are Ryan right now, I'd go to my agent telling him I want to be traded to team X handcuffing my GM by doing so.

Edited by frankgrimes

Seems like the ducks really want a second line center, which Detroit can definitely offer with Filppula. Detroits also got enough prospects that they can afford to part ways with if they have too. I really think this is a legit possibity because trades are gonna come this offseason.

Franzen Datsyuk Brunner

Ryan Zetty Bert?

Samuellson (someone at center) Cleary

Abdelkader Helm Tootoo

Seems like some kind of trade with Miller/Eaves could happen to get a legit bottom 6 centerman as well as Filppula being moved for a winger

Helm is our third line center... He is now our third most important player.

Why does everyone hate on my boy Franzen? Davidf****** Jones costs 4mil a year for 20 goals. And that's without being a playoff beast (yes I still believe Franzen's got it). Keep him!

amen!

I think bobby Ryan would be perfect for the wings instead of nash! He is younger, faster, a goal scorer, and a seemingly better team player. He would be perfect to receive passes from datsyuk and not take over the team like Nash would. Any thoughts?