Tootoon.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#22 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

I'm pretty sure it does not. And capgeek doesn't have one listed. They're usually pretty good about that.

They may just have meant because of the length of the contract Mule would be hard to move?

Yep just confirmed it. He meant that the contract would be hard to move. But I am not sure about that with todays values

#23 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,291 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

Filppula is NOT table scraps. 60 points and awesome defense. In my mind its almost an even trade between Fil and Ryan... but some people call me CRAAAAAAZAAAAY.

I agree, people are overrating Ryan a bit and underrating Filppula. Ryan has a career high of 71 points. The proposed trade of Filppula, Kindl and Tatar is not crazy imo. I wonder what Anaheim is asking, but if it's much more than that I say HELL NO.

#24 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

Filppula is NOT table scraps. 60 points and awesome defense. In my mind its almost an even trade between Fil and Ryan... but some people call me CRAAAAAAZAAAAY.

It would probably have to be Flip and Helm or Flip and Nyquist. No one wants Kindl.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#25 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

It would probably have to be Flip and Helm or Flip and Nyquist. No one wants Kindl.

I disagree, he's a young, cheap contract with still a lot of upside, he definately has value and with more playing time and a bigger role, I think Kindl could turn into a top 4 dman... I think Frazen-Kindl and MAYBE a pick or mid-level prospect would be more than enough to return Ryan and if it was not, then Anaheim is asking for too much...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#26 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

I also think Kindl is a much better player than most give him credit for.

#27 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

I would trade either Franzen or Flip in a heartbeat for Ryan. He's 25 with 4 straight 30 goal seasons and no albatross of a contract. With Dats or Z feeding him, that's a no-brainer. (in MY book....don't flame me, Flip or Mule lovers..)
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#28 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

LOL!

So you expect us to give up table scraps for a perennial 30-40 goal scorer and Anaheim would just accept?

Try again.

Table scraps? Stop talking.

#29 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

I also think Kindl is a much better player than most give him credit for.

Agreed.

I would trade either Franzen or Flip in a heartbeat for Ryan. He's 25 with 4 straight 30 goal seasons and no albatross of a contract. With Dats or Z feeding him, that's a no-brainer. (in MY book....don't flame me, Flip or Mule lovers..)

Although it would sadden me to see him go, and I'd do everything to make it Mule instead of Flip, I would have to agree.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#30 ozone923

ozone923

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:37 PM

I'm glad people agree about Fil's worth. Love the guy, even before this past breakout season. And I'm also sure Zetterberg would be PISSED if Fil was traded.
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Damien Brunner ($1.350m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)
Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.200m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.775m)
Jay Bouwmeester ($6.680m) / Ian White ($2.875m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

#31 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

Good idea ... you're just really late to the party.

excellent! those guys who are late to the party in Russia are getting some special prize - 200ml of vodka.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#32 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

I think that might be because no one thinks other teams will want his long term contract.. Not 100% sure tho

Franzen's contract is long, but it's also very cap friendly at about $3.9 million per. They signed that one around the time of the Zetterberg, Pronger, and Lunongo deals when it was still a bit of a gray area how you could circumvent the cap with longer deals. The Kovalchuk signing forced teams to be more cautious.

I think Franzen should absolutely be considered if they go the trade route...his perception around the league should be good enough that he could get decent value in return. I would think Franzen plus a prospect, pick, or both could be a fairly even deal, depending on which other pieces are involved.

#33 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Is there any sources saying that the Wings are interested in Ryan? Like has anyone heard if WE have inquired about Ryan? I've only heard and read rumblings about Nash for trade options. All rumors of course....

#34 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

Franzen might be more sought after than Flip because Flip will be a free agent next season.

#35 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

I agree, people are overrating Ryan a bit and underrating Filppula. Ryan has a career high of 71 points. The proposed trade of Filppula, Kindl and Tatar is not crazy imo. I wonder what Anaheim is asking, but if it's much more than that I say HELL NO.

I'm not part of the parade that have been saying trade Flip, but while Ryan has hit 71 points that is higher than Flip's ever managed. And he's been a 30 goal scorer 4 times now, every season he's been playing except his first when he only played 23 games. I think Flip probably brings a lot more two way play, but his career high is 23 goals and 66 points, which is well above his averages before that.

I guess it depends on if you think that Flip has turned the corner, or if that was pretty much his peak.

#36 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

Considering Franzen's cap hit is so low as the prices rise (Hudler may have the same cap hit this year) I don't think his contract is all that negative in a trade. The length is a concern but that cap hit looks lower every day.

#37 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

no, that not. mind you, I live in Netherlands, I can think of different reason to say stuff like that not being crazy at all...
Posted Image

I mean... I love Flip and his work ethics but him and Ryan is no match... really... peace, bro!

#38 wingslionstigers

wingslionstigers

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

Why in the world would you want to trade Frazen with his amazing contract? Can you think of any players in the league that are as good for that low of a cap hit? Maybe a couple who have like 1 or 2 years on their contracts who will then demand a way higher pay. What is going to make teams good is having players signed of Franzens caliber for a cap hit that low. Franzens one of the best values you can get. Yeah sure he isn't Datsyuk but he only gets paid half too.

#39 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:55 PM

Holland should be focusing on Ryan. Parise is playing games and if he signs somewhere else Ryan and Nash's value goes sky rocket. Ryan is a great player that the wings havent even shown interest in, unless I don't know about it.

As absurd as the amount of signings usually are the first day or two of free agency, there will always be a few that take longer. Parise should and likely is still considered a top target by the Wings, he's not doing anything out of whack.

That being said I'd love Bobby Ryan on the roster.

#40 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Ryan won't be moved for anything less than a No2 centre+. Why move a RW for an older RW? I would prefer Franzen gone too but it won't happen. I'd say Fil + Kindl + 2nd,4th would be enough value to get Ryan. Then I'd go and sign Mueller at less than 3mill or Semin at 6mill.