• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#41 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

I vaguely recall somewhat here intimating that Ryan didn't want to be a Wing. Question mark.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#42 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,736 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:34 PM

I honestly don't understand why the Ducks keep dangling Ryan.

But according to Dreger, they're saying they want a 2nd line center for him and a few other pieces.

https://twitter.com/...#!/DarrenDreger

Well Filppula is a 2nd line center and he would draw them Selanne back for another year...also Franzen is a natural Center... We got the goods, if we can't get Nash, get Ryan...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#43 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

Seems like the ducks really want a second line center, which Detroit can definitely offer with Filppula. Detroits also got enough prospects that they can afford to part ways with if they have too. I really think this is a legit possibity because trades are gonna come this offseason.

Franzen Datsyuk Brunner

Ryan Zetty Bert?

Samuellson (someone at center) Cleary

Abdelkader Helm Tootoo

Seems like some kind of trade with Miller/Eaves could happen to get a legit bottom 6 centerman as well as Filppula being moved for a winger

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#44 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

Wow Murray is just crazy doesn't he know dealing Ryan = losing Getzlaf and Perry next season for sure? I mean, Burke is a stupid cementhead but Murrjay even tops him.

Howson, Snow and Murray = trio infernale

Imagine you are Ryan right now, I'd go to my agent telling him I want to be traded to team X handcuffing my GM by doing so.

Edited by frankgrimes, 02 July 2012 - 09:43 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#45 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

Seems like the ducks really want a second line center, which Detroit can definitely offer with Filppula. Detroits also got enough prospects that they can afford to part ways with if they have too. I really think this is a legit possibity because trades are gonna come this offseason.

Franzen Datsyuk Brunner

Ryan Zetty Bert?

Samuellson (someone at center) Cleary

Abdelkader Helm Tootoo

Seems like some kind of trade with Miller/Eaves could happen to get a legit bottom 6 centerman as well as Filppula being moved for a winger

Helm is our third line center... He is now our third most important player.

#46 ozone923

ozone923

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:07 PM

Why does everyone hate on my boy Franzen? Davidf****** Jones costs 4mil a year for 20 goals. And that's without being a playoff beast (yes I still believe Franzen's got it). Keep him!

#47 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:41 AM

Why does everyone hate on my boy Franzen? Davidf****** Jones costs 4mil a year for 20 goals. And that's without being a playoff beast (yes I still believe Franzen's got it). Keep him!

amen!

#48 WingsFan43

WingsFan43

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

I think bobby Ryan would be perfect for the wings instead of nash! He is younger, faster, a goal scorer, and a seemingly better team player. He would be perfect to receive passes from datsyuk and not take over the team like Nash would. Any thoughts?

#49 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

lol thought this was legit when i read the title for a second.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#50 WingsFan43

WingsFan43

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

Ryan would be perfect! Nash would try to take over the team because he is used to being the only player, Ryan is a waaaay better team player and would dominate with datsyuk

#51 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

Bobby Ryan will not play for the wings. I heard he hates Detroit.... lol
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#52 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

Would like to see Ryan in a Wings jersey, but I'm not getting excited until it happens
IPB Image

#53 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

I think it's because Flip and Franzen have the most value of the tradeable forwards. Also, Flip only has one year left on his contract, so his value is low in a trade. However, Flip is likely to re-sign at a decent price.

Mule's cap hit is low, but he is signed for a long time. Semin would be more expensive, but could replace Mule. However, there is no replacement for Flip if/when Z or Dats are injured.

Therefore, Mule can be traded for a decent return without hurting the team when most other forwards cannot.

#54 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,736 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

Bobby Ryan makes $5.1M and is signed for 3 more years....Flip is UFA next July and will get $5M+. Ryan at $5.1M for two years is more valuable then Flip at $5M. Anaheim loves Flip and knows that they would get Selanne back for another year if they got him. Selanne has said how much chemistry they have on team Finland and he would love to play in the NHL with him.

I am telling you we hold the trump card in Filppula, especially since in essence they would be getting Flip AND Selanne for Ryan. They'd also have a top 5 prospect in Tatar and toss in NHL ready Mursak and a pick...I think it's a done deal...

If Franzine can get us something valuable in return, then great, but if not, I will take his 25-30 goals along with Ryan's 40 and Pav's 100+ points.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#55 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

#56 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

i say sign semins then trade semins and mule for ryan

#57 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

i say sign semins then trade semins and mule for ryan

I dig this idea, but I'd kick other tires before Semin if we did land him...just in case we reached a deal earlier then expected. Sick offense new defense.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#58 SouthernHockeyHoney

SouthernHockeyHoney

Rookie

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

Bobby Ryan will not play for the wings. I heard he hates Detroit.... lol

So did Chris Chelios.
The only thing better than a cold glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill.

#59 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

I'd take Ryan or Nash right about now but I'd really take a Defenseman or two over them both.

#60 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

David Jones was signed by an inferior GM that obviously isn't planning on much of a future dishing out overpayments. The knock on Franzen comes from last year when he stated that he gets bored during the season and disappears for stretches when we need him to step up and help do things like lock up home ice for the playoffs. When lids was hurt and when Dats was hurt, Flip stepped up big time putting up a point per game and Franzen floated around wishing he was at Disney World having fun.... That's when i lost what respect remained for Franzen and wished he be traded for a guy that feels a little more lucky to be paid millions to play the greatest game in the world AS A JOB! As far as i'm concerned, he can be burnt at the stake. I love hockey and would love nothing more than to make league min to play hockey in the NHL for 20 years and love every minute of it and work my ass off to be remembered as someone who put it all on the line every game, not some lazy d-bag who thinks there's more fun out there.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.