• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ismael313

Bobby Ryan

Rate this topic

Why does everyone hate on my boy Franzen? Davidf****** Jones costs 4mil a year for 20 goals. And that's without being a playoff beast (yes I still believe Franzen's got it). Keep him!

I think it's because Flip and Franzen have the most value of the tradeable forwards. Also, Flip only has one year left on his contract, so his value is low in a trade. However, Flip is likely to re-sign at a decent price.

Mule's cap hit is low, but he is signed for a long time. Semin would be more expensive, but could replace Mule. However, there is no replacement for Flip if/when Z or Dats are injured.

Therefore, Mule can be traded for a decent return without hurting the team when most other forwards cannot.

Bobby Ryan makes $5.1M and is signed for 3 more years....Flip is UFA next July and will get $5M+. Ryan at $5.1M for two years is more valuable then Flip at $5M. Anaheim loves Flip and knows that they would get Selanne back for another year if they got him. Selanne has said how much chemistry they have on team Finland and he would love to play in the NHL with him.

I am telling you we hold the trump card in Filppula, especially since in essence they would be getting Flip AND Selanne for Ryan. They'd also have a top 5 prospect in Tatar and toss in NHL ready Mursak and a pick...I think it's a done deal...

If Franzine can get us something valuable in return, then great, but if not, I will take his 25-30 goals along with Ryan's 40 and Pav's 100+ points.

Why does everyone hate on my boy Franzen? Davidf****** Jones costs 4mil a year for 20 goals. And that's without being a playoff beast (yes I still believe Franzen's got it). Keep him!

David Jones was signed by an inferior GM that obviously isn't planning on much of a future dishing out overpayments. The knock on Franzen comes from last year when he stated that he gets bored during the season and disappears for stretches when we need him to step up and help do things like lock up home ice for the playoffs. When lids was hurt and when Dats was hurt, Flip stepped up big time putting up a point per game and Franzen floated around wishing he was at Disney World having fun.... That's when i lost what respect remained for Franzen and wished he be traded for a guy that feels a little more lucky to be paid millions to play the greatest game in the world AS A JOB! As far as i'm concerned, he can be burnt at the stake. I love hockey and would love nothing more than to make league min to play hockey in the NHL for 20 years and love every minute of it and work my ass off to be remembered as someone who put it all on the line every game, not some lazy d-bag who thinks there's more fun out there.

Bobby Ryan will not play for the wings. I heard he hates Detroit.... lol

This is not true. His family used to live in metro Detroit for a couple years. Ryan would definitely consider returning home. He has some friends here and visits at least once a summer.

Ryan said this about Anaheim, "Anaheim to me has been a team over the past year that really has shown me nothing to prove that they want me here, unfortunately. Obviously, it's not the ideal situation. When you get drafted, you want to win championships with that team and every time they look to add a piece to the puzzle, I'm the piece going the other way."

I haven't heard if Detroit has inquired about him though.

This is not true. His family used to live in metro Detroit for a couple years. Ryan would definitely consider returning home. He has some friends here and visits at least once a summer.

Ryan said this about Anaheim, "Anaheim to me has been a team over the past year that really has shown me nothing to prove that they want me here, unfortunately. Obviously, it's not the ideal situation. When you get drafted, you want to win championships with that team and every time they look to add a piece to the puzzle, I'm the piece going the other way."

Detroit has inquired, but so has 28 other teams I imagine...to what extent Detroit is interested remains to be seen. I like that tidbit about his family living here, I don't believe he played for the USA development program, but that doesn't mean he hasn't live here before. If he does indeed have some close friends that still live here, then it would maybe excite him a bit if he got traded here... I just wish Holland would make this deal...I just wish I knew exactly what Anaheim was asking for outside of Filppula...again, its just a long waiting game of nervousness and anxiousness! I am about 2% sure a trade will happen...which is not sure at all! :D

He actually went to Pinckney High School in the 2002-2003 school year. Keeping away from his dad if I remember correctly.

He actually went to Pinckney High School in the 2002-2003 school year. Keeping away from his dad if I remember correctly.

This is a very in depth story, but no mention of Michigan....not that I am doubting, but I though maybe I could find it somewhere...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3782270

If anyone can find anything referring to Bobby Ryan living in Michigan, please let me know, I want to see it...

This is a very in depth story, but no mention of Michigan....not that I am doubting, but I though maybe I could find it somewhere...

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3782270

If anyone can find anything referring to Bobby Ryan living in Michigan, please let me know, I want to see it...

Hah, I say that because that was my high school. He was in my "Integrated Science" class when I was a freshman. He would always tell me about how good he was at hockey and how he knew Bobby Clarke. Never believed him until I saw that he was drafted 2nd overall after Crosby. He was still Bobby Stevenson then; at least that is what he went by.

He even asked me to spy on his red head girlfriend for him. He was a goofy guy.

Hah, I say that because that was my high school. He was in my "Integrated Science" class when I was a freshman. He would always tell me about how good he was at hockey and how he knew Bobby Clarke. Never believed him until I saw that he was drafted 2nd overall after Crosby. He was still Bobby Stevenson then; at least that is what he went by.

He even asked me to spy on his red head girlfriend for him. He was a goofy guy.

Ok cool..like I said, I wasn't doubting, I just didnt see a Michigan mention...thats cool! Give him a call and tell him to tell Anaheim he only wants to play in Detroit! :D