• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zetts

Jiri Hudler signs with Calgary, 4 years, $4m/year

Rate this topic

Bye bye Jiri. I won't be screaming at my TV anymore ! Thanks to Kenny and Flames for making that happen.

you sure will once Sammy starts hitting everything around the goal, but not the goal itself.

$4M/yr is not a bad money for Huds. I'm glad Kenny didn't pay it.

Guest Crymson

A lot of hate here for someone who netted us 50 pts last season.

Hudler's rate of production was very much aided by being on a line with Zetterberg and Filppula, both of whom are fast, hardworking, strong on the puck, excellent at passing, quite good at shooting, and very good defensively. They made up for Hudler's faults. He's a good passer and a good shooter, but not exceptional; he's slow; he's very weak on the puck; he's often lazy; and he's bad defensively.

I don't know if Calgary can find similar linemates for him.

I agree, but it comes with two big ifs. IF Samuelsson can stay healthy and IF he can match his production from three seasons ago. It's the last time in his career that he put up numbers similar to what Hudler did last season (he was close 6 years ago). So we got him cheaper but my hunch is the Wings probably lost some goalscoring in swapping Sammy for Huds. I hope he proves me wrong though.

And while he's not exactly gritty, but he's more of a pain in the ass to play against than Hudler was. Let's hope he stays healthy.

We also lost a bunch of breakaways (for the other team)

Guest Crymson

So, is there to be any crow-eating by those who were sure that Holland would bring back Hudler out of loyalty?

everyone knew hudler wouldnt be back but i feel bad for him since he was a wing for so long i hoped he'd have picked a good team , wow calgary flames?? hes not done himself any favors

wouldnt be susprised if hes in europe once his contract ends

You mean other than the 16 million he just did for himself? :P

Hudler would only be 32 then. He'd have to let him age a few more years before bringing him back. ;)

Flames really needed some goals, I guess this is good for them?

Yeah your probably right...he'll wait til Hudler is 35-36 and sign him to a nice $6 million/year contract til he's 40! Future Goal scoring depth!!!

Sweet. Now his weak ass can be another team's frustration. Kronwall could probably breathe down Hudler's neck a lil harder than usual and knock him off the puck.

Though I am surprised by some of the reactions here. Some very joyous people.

lol...some Flamers are sooo excited about this. I'm gonna feel sorry for em come next season.

Edited by wolverine1817

Guest Heaten

Relax Red Wings Fans, Holland will re-sign Hudler when he's 36 at 2yrs @$10m deal. This has already been planned out!

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, Jiri.

lol...some Flamers are sooo excited about this.

Toronto fans were excited they got Leb-derp too and told us how much of a steal he was and how much we'd all definitely miss him. Lol, gotta love that hopeless optimism!