• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zetts

Jiri Hudler signs with Calgary, 4 years, $4m/year

Rate this topic

Proof that Jay Feaster IS insane...

"He is one of the very best goal scorers in the NHL at even strength," said Flames general manager Jay Feaster.

Happy is obviously the heir apparent to Iginala when he hangs them up man! :tounge:

I like Hudler, but I'm not disappointed to see him go. He obviously only cares about money and not about where he plays or winning. Good luck with a team that fights to make the playoffs every year, while we slide in easily. Warm up our golf clubs for us.

haha ... good luck there Huds. Your new team will chase for 8th spot in Feb and by March, you can plan for April vacation.

Not that Hudler has shown up in April the past few seasons anyway...

I agree, but it comes with two big ifs. IF Samuelsson can stay healthy and IF he can match his production from three seasons ago. It's the last time in his career that he put up numbers similar to what Hudler did last season (he was close 6 years ago). So we got him cheaper but my hunch is the Wings probably lost some goalscoring in swapping Sammy for Huds. I hope he proves me wrong though.

And while he's not exactly gritty, but he's more of a pain in the ass to play against than Hudler was. Let's hope he stays healthy.

Hopefully that right handed shot of his will pick up a couple extra goals and spread out the options.