• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zetts

Jiri Hudler signs with Calgary, 4 years, $4m/year

Rate this topic

Happy was far from my favorite player but he had a knack to score goals in a quiet fashion. Hopefully Samuelsson can maintain the scoring slack and be good for around 20 goals at least which he is likely capable of.

I'm not upset Hudler left (it was expected and that's an expensive deal), but I don't really feel the need to celebrate about it either. While he had many faults that have been covered here already, he also had a knack for scoring goals. The Red Wings don't exactly have many players that fit that description on the roster. Obviously the addition of Samuelsson you hope will cover up some of that offensive production, but there's plenty of reason not to believe Sammy will accomplish anything close to 50 points with his recent history. Brunner is an unknown at the NHL level.

I don't want Hudler for four million, though for a team that scored nine goals in five playoff games, I'm not exactly thrilled either to see offense departing. Another goal-scoring top-six forward is still a necessity.

everyone knew hudler wouldnt be back but i feel bad for him since he was a wing for so long i hoped he'd have picked a good team , wow calgary flames?? hes not done himself any favors

wouldnt be susprised if hes in europe once his contract ends

I know. Happy Hudler has always been a Red Wing and to see him wear another jersey will be weird. I kind of hoped he would have at least gone to a decent one.

The comments from Calgary's GM about Hudler were like a flashback to me back when Toronto signed Brett Lebda. I remember emphasis on his versatility, speed and veteran leadership because he has a ring. Yet mostly everyone on here was laughing or celebrating.

Although I suppose I shouldn't knock Brett Lebda too much or else next thing we know Kenny's going to bring him back to the D and say over and over again how the Wings live in a "salary cap era." :no:

Just as I was going off in a different thread about Wings fans always pooping on ex-Red Wings without any appreciation for what they did, I contradict myself by saying I'm happy to be rid of Hudler.

That being said, we need to keep in perspective that Hudler never really made that much money for the Wings, and we just committed a cap hit to Samuelsson of $3 million, which is probably worse than committing $2.875 million to Hudler. In Hudler's first stint with the wings (pre-KHL), he only cost us about an even million against the cap.

He wasn't a terrible player, but he was never a good fit on this team, and not nearly talented enough to be a "bad fit". Basically, he's our poor man's "Alexander Radulov".

The penalty kill? Whose "highlight reel" DVD did he use?

The same one the number of Calgary fans raving about this pickup saying it's great because Hud's is fast, can forecheck and backcheck, will mentor their young Czech blah blah blahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......must have watched. I think it was filmed in the land of Narnia.

Please Hockey Gods, along with granting us Ryan Suter and Rick Nash, please, oh please let this be the last Jiri Hudler thread on LGW.com.... Thank you Calgary for the cancer biopsy...Hide your hookers...

What's the story with Jiri and hookers? I keep seeing people mentioning it.

What's the story with Jiri and hookers? I keep seeing people mentioning it.

He supposedly has a way with the ladies...of the evening. Rumor was his really hot model girlfriend caught him with 2 hookers right before he started up in the KHL & dumped him. True or not, the story's kinda taken on a life of its own around here.

He supposedly has a way with the ladies...of the evening. Rumor was his really hot model girlfriend caught him with 2 hookers right before he started up in the KHL & dumped him. True or not, the story's kinda taken on a life of its own around here.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-will-buy-Jiri-Hudler-a-hooker-if-he-does-something-anything-good/138580696197374