• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

Roster Questions, update

Rate this topic

As of July 2nd, 4:00PM we currently have the following players signed (in no particular order)

Filppula, Datsyuk, Bertuzzi

Franzen, Zetterberg, Brunner

Cleary, Helm, Sammuelson

Miller, Eaves, Tootoo

Nyqvist Emmerton, Mursak

(Abdelkader is still RFA)

Kronwall, White

Ericsson, Kindl

Smith

(Quincey is still RFA)

Howard

Gustafson

Capgeek claims we still have 16.8M in cap space to work with. That is plenty to sign Quincey, Abby, and either Suter or Parise. Both is not out of the question assuming some creativity. But there are some questions I have that perhaps other people are asking as well, and I know there are members here who can easily answer them.

Question 1: Are the contracts of Brunner, Mursak, Emmerton, Smith, and/or Nyqvist built so they can be assigned to Grand Rapids without clearing waivers this year? Who is capable of what?

Question 2: Has anyone heard any updates on Patrick Eaves' health? Is he expected to participate in training camp?

Question 3: What is the roster limit for players assigned to the Red Wings for the regular season?

Question 4: What is the status of MacDonald's contract? Capgeek has him as a non-Wings' roster player. What does that mean in terms of cap hit and waiver exemption status?

These are questions that can help allude to potential trades. If enough player can be sent down to avoid losing them to waivers, an upcoming trade may be less likely. Holland and Babs are big advocates of depth, and I would like to shed some light on whether we're being built deep, or if Holland is looking to sacrifice depth for power. Also, if Eaves is expected to be on LTIR next year, it may also explain the surplus of forwards we have.

Perhaps if anyone else has any questions we can use this thread to answer them, to keep from crowding the forum.

Thanks again friends!

Regarding Questoin 1: I believe Brunner, Nyquist, and Smith may all be sent to GR without a problem (they are on 2 ways). Pretty sure Mursak and Emmerton are out of options.

Questoin 2: Pretty sure Eaves is ready to go for training camp, last I heard.

Question 3: I believe the roster limit at the start of the season is 23 (14 forwards, 7 dmen, 2 goalies)

Question 4: MacDonald is on a one-way contract this year, so either we trade him or send him down and see if he gets picked off waivers...

As of July 2nd, 4:00PM we currently have the following players signed (in no particular order)

Filppula, Datsyuk, Bertuzzi

Franzen, Zetterberg, Brunner

Cleary, Helm, Sammuelson

Miller, Eaves, Tootoo

Nyqvist Emmerton, Mursak

(Abdelkader is still RFA)

Kronwall, White

Ericsson, Kindl

Smith

(Quincey is still RFA)

Howard

Gustafson

Capgeek claims we still have 16.8M in cap space to work with. That is plenty to sign Quincey, Abby, and either Suter or Parise. Both is not out of the question assuming some creativity. But there are some questions I have that perhaps other people are asking as well, and I know there are members here who can easily answer them.

Question 1: Are the contracts of Brunner, Mursak, Emmerton, Smith, and/or Nyqvist built so they can be assigned to Grand Rapids without clearing waivers this year? Who is capable of what?

Question 2: Has anyone heard any updates on Patrick Eaves' health? Is he expected to participate in training camp?

Question 3: What is the roster limit for players assigned to the Red Wings for the regular season?

Question 4: What is the status of MacDonald's contract? Capgeek has him as a non-Wings' roster player. What does that mean in terms of cap hit and waiver exemption status?

These are questions that can help allude to potential trades. If enough player can be sent down to avoid losing them to waivers, an upcoming trade may be less likely. Holland and Babs are big advocates of depth, and I would like to shed some light on whether we're being built deep, or if Holland is looking to sacrifice depth for power. Also, if Eaves is expected to be on LTIR next year, it may also explain the surplus of forwards we have.

Perhaps if anyone else has any questions we can use this thread to answer them, to keep from crowding the forum.

Thanks again friends!