• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Suter Watch: Decision today, down to Wings/Wild

Rate this topic

I think this meeting and getting the raise is just Suter and his agent going through the motions to get a bigger pay check which, if you look at the Wings situation, it should be an automatic move. Holland won't let this guy walk to another team over money. They hold all the chips but at the end of free agency he will be a Red Wing. It's just a matter of how much it will cost. If his agent has Holland worried he will act more drastically, so the next few days will be hard for wings fans, but just know, Suter is pretty much a wing already.

I'd bite the bullet and say listen, we're already handcuffed as it is. Give us an answer tomorrow by noon or we need to go in a different direction. If he REALLY wanted to play in Detroit, he'd say ok.

F@king primadonnas...

with Suter, Semin, Doan, and maybe even a trade for Yandle... our team will be our biggest contender since 09 by far. Maybe even better than the 08 wings. Built from the ground up with solid pieces throughout the lineup. Really, really excited

I bet Pavs doesn't walk right by Lidstrom like that.

esteef

Not every time...and he couldn't every time by Suter either. But Pavel is nearing a god in his own right. I'd sure love to see Pav and Nick 1-on-1. Would be damned entertaining.

For all we know the hold up could be because Parise and Suter are trying to get good deals from the same team so they can play together.

I understand that, but let's be honest, these guys are both UFA at the right time. If so many teams didn't need them and there where other quality UFA they'd never get away with the amount of money they want, or being able to make there signings so drama filled.

I wonder if the "answer," for lack of a better word, is staring us in the face.

Suter and Parise to the Wings would be an incredible coup. As such, the circumstances around it - e.g. the process, the logistics, the media games - would likely make for a lot of strangeness for everyone on the outside.

Maybe that's what we're dealing with here.

It's a stretch, I know.

Edited by Dabura

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib

#redwings weren't only team to meet w Suter today. #MNWild owner Craig Leipold, GM Chuck Fletcher & coach Mike Yeo just landed from Madison

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib

Agent Neil Sheehy was also on the flight. Wild clearly picked up Sheehy in Intl Falls and gave him lift to Madison for both mtgs

Just sayin'...

esteef

Maybe they're running it by the league so we don't end up with a situation like Phili had last summer.

Maybe it's that huge.

Maybe the guys want to announce it to their families at the 4th of July picnic tomorrow.

It would be a great contract for us if he'd just make up his mind. I know this is a big decision for both of them but I'm really getting tired of this. Suter won't make up his mind until Parise makes up his?? Isn't Suter a big boy can't he make his own decisions. I mean I know they have both been offered big contracts to have them both go to the same team and that would mean a lot for that team but that doesn't mean Suter has to wait for Parise. I know I already said this but I'm really starting to believe Parise is just stalling to keep the spot-light on himself which keeps the spot-light on Suter as well but we really need a decision to be made becasue we need to be able to know if we can move on or not and build the rest of our team as well do other teams. I say they get until 4 of July and than we start going after someone else, becasue this isn't fair to any of the other team that are in contention to them while we are waiting on them to make up their minds other teams that aren't in the Parise and Suter race can build their team and by the time Suter and Parise make up their mind all of the decent talent is already grabbed up. I realize I'm very impacient but we need to hear something soon. IMHO After Tomorrow "SCREW THEM BOTH"