• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Suter Watch: Decision today, down to Wings/Wild

Rate this topic

The people being this angry is ridiculous. They can take as much time as they need. It's their life for the next 10 years they are deciding on. They don't need to rush a decision to appease you, or me, or anybody else for that matter.

Wouldn't it be something if he re-signs with NSH and did this just to mind-f**k everyone? I don't think that's the case, but it'd set off more fireworks than the 4th of July among some NHL fandoms.

That said, both he and Parise should be allowed some time to decide as it's likely their only shot at FA. The numbers being thrown are mindboggling, but I'd love to be in their shoes. As fans, some people need to chill a bit. It's just unfortunate that everything else seems to be on hold in the NHL as a result.

I also wonder if the new CBA is going to address the FA process in reaction to the Suter and Parise situations.

It's not about not knowing where they want to play... They are re meeting and negotiating new deals to get more money and it's working every time they meet a team again there contract is more money. I think they both know where they want to go and are leaving everyone in the dark so they take the team of their choosing to their max $$ wise

If it's true that the Wild contingent picked up Suter's agent on the way to visit him, that does not look at all good. I'd love to be wrong on this.

Please tell me there's something I don't understand about how these things work. :unhappy:

If it's true that the Wild contingent picked up Suter's agent on the way to visit him, that does not look at all good. I'd love to be wrong on this.

Please tell me there's something I don't understand about how these things work. :unhappy:

He was already in Minnesota, so its not like they made a special trip to get him. Honestly, I can't see him signing with the Wild over us. Enter into a long term contract with a mediocre team? I know that maybe there's this feeling that "Hey I can be a pioneer and make this franchise great", but I bet Rick Nash felt that way a few years ago too. Nothing worse than watching a talented player waste away the prime of his career on a bad team.

I'm telling you Suter knows what team he's going to he's just driving the price up by re meeting with these teams... Kinda think He's a c*** tbh

For getting the best deal for himself? How's it make him that?

There is no doubt in my mind that researching neighborhoods and schools has nothing to do with waiting to make a decision. If a guy picks a team, he calls up the Captain or another one of his teammates and asks them where to live. It's not like these guys are on a team that is relocating. If Suter or Parise signs with Detroit, they call one of the Red Wings with a wife and kids and get the info in 15 minutes. Shoot, if my company wanted to relocate me to another office they'd have resources available to me to help choose where to live.

That's a good point.

still, as anxious as I am to hear an answer, I can't really fault a guy for taking three whole days to decide on a deal that largely determines what the next decade of his life will be like.

I'm telling you Suter knows what team he's going to he's just driving the price up by re meeting with these teams... Kinda think He's a c*** tbh

Ok if Suter doesn't sign then we should all blame this guy and his poor negative energy. Go do some actitivities to harness your chi, haha.

I just know yzerman or lidstrom wouldn't pull this

They might be doing this if they were both free agents and wanted to get the best deal to play together on the same team.

I really don't like everyone attacking these players character because we're in day 3 of the UFA period and they haven't signed yet. These talented players, who are interested in joining our team and possibly wearing the winged wheel for the next decade, need some time to think about what is the biggest decision of their professional career. It shouldn't be taken lightly and they need to take everything into account. If they choose us, great. If not, oh well, good luck to them wherever they go. Being pissed at a couple of players that COULD still be Red Wings because they need a little extra time to decide where they want to play is ignorant. We're Red Wings fans, let's act like the franchise and show some class and patience.

Edited by xtrememachine1

They might be doing this if they were both free agents and wanted to get the best deal to play together on the same team.

I really don't like everyone attacking these players character because we're in day 3 of the UFA period and they haven't signed yet. These talented players, who are interested in joining our team and possibly wearing the winged wheel for the next decade, need some time to think about what is the biggest decision of their professional career. It shouldn't be taken lightly and they need to take everything into account. If they choose us, great. If not, oh well, good luck to them wherever they go. Being pissed at a couple of players that COULD still be Red Wings because they need a little extra time to decide where they want to play is ignorant. We're Red Wings fans, let's act like the franchise and show some class and patience.

This.

Some people act like this is fantasy hockey, and moving players from team to team is as simple as that. This may be Suter's and Parise's only shot at free agency and they're not only weighing where they will likely play the rest of their careers, but where they'll live and raise a family for the next decade or more. It's a huge decision that they are entitled to think through fully to make sure they'll be happy, both professionally and personally. It's definitely not their fault if fans expected to know by now, or fans took off work with the hope to crack a beer as soon as a decision was announced, and it's anything but "unprofessional" for them to take time to carefully consider each offer sheet and do their research.

I want to know what happens as much as anybody, but that shouldn't be (and obviously isn't) a consideration at all for these players.

I've been following this guy for a couple days, I'm not sure how reliable he is but he's sounded pretty reputable with the semin situation, and apparently he leaked jäger to Dallas this morning. And he sound really anal about checking his sources.

Anyway I didn't have the chance to post earlier, but these were around an hour ago.

Hockeyy insiderr:

"Had to be back early because of a text I just got from a source I trust immensely. Won't post it before I double check tho. On Suter. HUGE."

"Couldn't verify with other sources, but as per one source close to Suter he has made a choice, Detroit. #RedWings Working contract details."