• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Suter Watch: Decision today, down to Wings/Wild

Rate this topic

I've been following this guy for a couple days, I'm not sure how reliable he is but he's sounded pretty reputable with the semin situation, and apparently he leaked jäger to Dallas this morning. And he sound really anal about checking his sources.

Anyway I didn't have the chance to post earlier, but these were around an hour ago.

Hockeyy insiderr:

"Had to be back early because of a text I just got from a source I trust immensely. Won't post it before I double check tho. On Suter. HUGE."

"Couldn't verify with other sources, but as per one source close to Suter he has made a choice, Detroit. #RedWings Working contract details."

Holding you to this man!

I'll be honest: if Suter signs in Detroit for a $6.9 million cap hit, I would be very surprised. It would tell you that he cares a lot more about winning than just loading the bank. I've figured, as most everyone has, that Suter will eventually sign with the Red Wings, and I still believe that's the case... but that was also before I heard the tender was $90M over 13 years. :g:

Not saying its not true but someone did post it and made comments bout that account. Bout how sometimes there accurate and announce news before its announced and they r right. Other times they come off looking clueless.

I'll buy that. He also tweeted last night to expect Salvador to sign in the morning. He definitely likes to toot his own horn about him beating TSN multiple times. Sounds a little unloved. Haha

whats the signing bonus to go along with the 110/13 off PHI drafted? If its zippo then by all accounts our offer is better than that with the upside being that he gets 14 mil in the first two years (assuming not front loaded like other massive contracts ie Mule and Z) plus 24 mil in signing bonuses in that same time period. All in all hes looking at 114/13 years and gets 38 in the first two.

I wish my name was Zach or Ryan they have such tough decisions to make...

Bravo, LGW for reaching unimaginable levels of hilarity and creepiness. Just got off the evening shift and I found myself cracking up at this anxiety ball, aviation stalker thread. On to another day or two of madness!

I concur.

Honestly, if he wants to go to a particular team and money isn't right, I'm sure his agent would just go straight to that team and tell them, "hey, he wants to go there, but you gotta match the highest offer".

Seem like the most obvious way of doing things.

Edited by ShanahanMan

Bravo, LGW for reaching unimaginable levels of hilarity and creepiness. Just got off the evening shift and I found myself cracking up at this anxiety ball, aviation stalker thread. On to another day or two of madness!

If you didn't have big kid stuff to do don't act like you wouldn't have been creeping with the rest of us lol

whats the signing bonus to go along with the 110/13 off PHI drafted? If its zippo then by all accounts our offer is better than that with the upside being that he gets 14 mil in the first two years (assuming not front loaded like other massive contracts ie Mule and Z) plus 24 mil in signing bonuses in that same time period. All in all hes looking at 114/13 years and gets 38 in the first two.

I could be mistaken, so if someone with a crystal clear understanding of current CBA language can clarify, but isn't the "signing bonus" just a front-loaded contract so that it pays the player faster? Unlike in the NFL and NBA where it's on top of the contract, I thought the NHL didn't allow off-the-book payments: the salary is the salary, and the only "bonus" is when it pays.

Which would mean that Detroit's offer is probably front-loaded, but still would "only" pay $90M over the life of the contract, not in addition to some bonus. And if my understanding is correct, that would still mean the ridiculous contract numbers thrown by Philadelphia and Minnesota are "better" in terms of dollars and cents.

Josh Rimer of NHL Home Ice did an interview with Parise. A quote from it was, "We've talked. Ryan and I are friends. We've definitely talked throughout this thing."

Honestly, gut feeling kind of says he's leaning toward Minnesota with Suter. I really hope not.

Honestly, as much as I hate rumor mongering, I've been looking into this "Hockey Insiderr" guy and have noticed that he has called 4 deals first before the press released it this off season. I would actually put some relevance into what he says.....

Hoping he's right. If so, he's my new go-to rumor guy!

Josh Rimer of NHL Home Ice did an interview with Parise. A quote from it was, "We've talked. Ryan and I are friends. We've definitely talked throughout this thing."

Honestly, gut feeling kind of says he's leaning toward Minnesota with Suter. I really hope not.

For Parise, yeah probably, but what makes you believe Suter is leaning toward there?

Well if they want their best chance at winning... no way in heck should they pick Minny... If that happens, then they were both ALL about the Money. I could definitely understand Parise going there since he grew up there but Suter, come on.

Edited by HockeytownRules19