• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Suter Watch: Decision today, down to Wings/Wild

Rate this topic

For Parise, yeah probably, but what makes you believe Suter is leaning toward there?

I just get the vibe that they want to play hockey with each other... maybe it's just the pessimist in me :dntknw:

That "Hockeyy Insiderr" source was cited in the "do not trust" thread or whatever... I really want to believe that Suter has agreed to come here, but I feel like I'm being tricked, lol. If the account gets this one right (since I think he got Jagr and another one or two) I'd definitely see it as a viable account.

If the rumor about Suter agreeing is true (likely, IMO) and Parise comes over (unlikely, but whatver), this team will be stacked. A little weak on defense, but incredibly fun to watch.

I just get the vibe that they want to play hockey with each other... maybe it's just the pessimist in me :dntknw:

That "Hockeyy Insiderr" source was cited in the "do not trust" thread or whatever... I really want to believe that Suter has agreed to come here, but I feel like I'm being tricked, lol. If the account gets this one right (since I think he got Jagr and another one or two) I'd definitely see it as a viable account.

Then again, he's calling Parise to Pens as well....so half of me hopes he's right and half hopes he's wrong.....:P

I'd say solid, not stacked. We really need another top 4 defenseman (maybe wait to til tradedeadline). If we don't get another top 6 forward, I think it will really show...

Hockeyy Insiderr:

On Parise: sources reconfirm he will indeed join #Pens next season. After #MNWild increased offer, PIT did also. More front loaded also.
Some ppl say verbal agreements aren't worth the paper they're written on so take it as u wish but as of right now ZP= #Pens Suter= #RedWings

Take it with a grain on salt, but he did get the Jagr one right today. Maybe he'll get two more right.

#CONFIRMED by 2 #NHL sources: Suter has VERBAL agreement with #REDWINGS. 13 year deal. Still tweaking payment allocation.

Sources say Suter to #RedWings will be announced after Parise announces his decision. Contract (minor) details still being arranged.

Both sources seem to believe Suter to #RedWings official announcement expected on July 5th. Friendly cap from what I hear but front loaded.

Sources say contract details still being negotiated, but Parise standing by his verbal agreement to sigh with #Pens.

Some ppl say verbal agreements aren't worth the paper they're written on so take it as u wish but as of right now ZP= #Pens Suter=#RedWings

Parise to #Pens and Suter to #RedWings would mean both go to division rivals from current team. Shows alot about loyalty in NHL nowadays.

If we get Suter to go along with our additions Sunday. Then maybe add a guy like Semin and another D man for depth I'll be ecstatic with this offseason. And say boldly we could contend for Cup. Can't believe it's possible after Lidstrom retiring but it would be.

Then again, he's calling Parise to Pens as well....so half of me hopes he's right and half hopes he's wrong..... :P

I'd say solid, not stacked. We really need another top 4 defenseman (maybe wait to til tradedeadline). If we don't get another top 6 forward, I think it will really show...

At this point, I'm totally fine with getting Suter and not Parise. Sure, I'd like both guys... but we're really hurting on the back end. I think we could land Semin or Doan and still be pretty solid up front. If we don't land Suter, Carle seems to be the next best option, which scares me with the current group of defenders.

If we get Suter to go along with our additions Sunday. Then maybe add a guy like Semin and another D man for depth I'll be ecstatic with this offseason. And say boldly we could contend for Cup. Can't believe it's possible after Lidstrom retiring but it would be.

I'd really like to see them make a push for Nash if they lose out on Parise. Semin/Doan + Nash would be my dream offseason (along with Suter, obviously).

HockeyyInsiderr has actually received legitimate sources since gaining popularity. I can also confirm that Suter is "leaning toward the Wings" but I haven't heard anything else about a verbal agreement.

HockeyyInsiderr has actually received legitimate sources since gaining popularity. I can also confirm that Suter is "leaning toward the Wings" but I haven't heard anything else about a verbal agreement.

What or who is your source? Just wondering.

I'm sure he all ready knew the Wings would offer him the most $$$ and he knew he is coming to Detroit his just using his time to boost his salary up nothing else. Worst case scenario he doesn't come to the Wings and still gets his $$$ somewhere else.

Do you work within the industry?

If we get Suter for the 6.9 cap hit, and then turn our sights on Doan and could make that happen (granted Parise goes elsewhere), boy would I be impressed with Mr Holland.

Eh....that would make 5 of our possible top 6 over 30......we need to get younger. I say if we can get Semin for 1 year, 5 mil to see how it goes, I'd be all for it.

If we get Suter for the 6.9 cap hit, and then turn our sights on Doan and could make that happen (granted Parise goes elsewhere), boy would I be impressed with Mr Holland.

exactly! oh think of the hitting!! Him and Tootoo would lay on others, with the subtraction of Hudler, entrance of Sammy again, and a full time Smith, really would make our team much more physical.

Eh....that would make 5 of our possible top 6 over 30......we need to get younger. I say if we can get Semin for 1 year, 5 mil to see how it goes, I'd be all for it.

Definately understand the age concerns, but Doan is an animal. He should be an exception. Plus, with signing that many players we'd have to move some guys maybe add youth that way. Plus, if we don't have to lose valuable assets as opposed to player dumbs via trade, then Nyquist would stay with the team.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Definately understand the age concerns, but Doan is an animal. He should be an exception. Plus, with signing that many players we'd have to move some guys maybe add youth that way. Plus, if we don't have to lose valuable assets as opposed to player dumbs via trade, then Nyquist would stay with the team.

Well, at least he's a solid guy you can depend on for points. As it stands right now, we have too many "?" type of forwards that aren't guaranteed to rack up points. Nyquist, coming off a rookie year.....Brunner, brand new to the NHL....Sammy, aging and injury prone lately. We really need guys who we KNOW we can depend on for points. Semin, regardless of his Franzen-like attitude, can be counted on for 50+ points regardless. That's why I wouldn't mind taking a risk with him.

Scoring is a big concern atm, which was really highlighted during last season's playoffs. Something like 7 goals in 5 games I think?

Edited by ShanahanMan

Anyone got an idea what it would take to trade Anaheim for Ryan? If we could trade for him and sign Semin that'd be a pretty nice way to round out our top 6!

It's gonna have to start with Fil. They want a 2nd line center per Darren Dreger.