• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Suter Watch: Decision today, down to Wings/Wild

Rate this topic

It's gonna have to start with Fil. They want a 2nd line center per Darren Dreger.

I saw that, not sure what else we would have to give up. But he hasn't really impressed me so I'd be okay with sending him

There will be more info tomorrow, but the Pens are all but officially out of the Suter race. And it looks like Suter will make his decision tomorrow, but it will not be public until later.

Understand about the Twitter citing, but Insiderr guy is calling 95%​ on Suter to Detroit. He's soon either gonna look brilliant, or become the next Eklund.

Oh and he's also saying 90% for Parise to Pens :(.

I'm trying to talk to HockeyyInsiderr and if he proves legit now then it would be fine posting his stuff. Right now he actually has a really good record going. As far as those numbers, I'd bump them both down %10

I'm trying to talk to HockeyyInsiderr and if he proves legit now then it would be fine posting his stuff. Right now he actually has a really good record going. As far as those numbers, I'd bump them both down %10

Well, we'll know regardless in a few days anyway. After putting over 90% on these deals, if he gets even ONE wrong, he's lost all credibility. However, if he's right, I think we've finally found a legit Hockeybuzz.

I would be totally fine with Suter to Detroit and Parise to Pittsburgh. Once those two free agents sign, it's going to be fun to watch the windfall as the other big name FAs - Carle, Semin, Doan, Nash - figure to see boosted stock and free agency catches fire.

But maybe Parise parties too hard tomorrow with his family for the 4th of July and makes the emotional decision to sign with Minnesota (and I could only imagine the hangover pains that would follow).

I want Suter but the more I think about $90 mill for 13 years, the more I realize what a stupid kind of deal/contract it is. I still want him but would prefer something like a 6-7 year at $6-7 mill/yr. We got caught in the emotions of the moment.

If he signs at a $6.9M cap hit over the next 13 years, I think it proves to be a bargain. Consider that the salary cap has moved from $39M in 2005-06 to $70M in 2012-13... projecting what the cap will be in five, nine, and thirteen years, that hit may look better and better with time.

I don't like the term because you never know what could happen, but I think it'd be a bargain for Suter to sign for that salary in an off-season that has seen teams throw offers well above $100M.

ETA: Unfortunately I think GMs are handcuffed by the fact that longterm contracts are what these prized FAs want, especially in a year the CBA is expiring and longterm deals may well be barred after this offseason. I think that Suter is an elite defenseman, and you make the exception if that's what it takes.

Edited by Resetti

Michael Russo, Star-Trib on Twitter re: Parise/Suter going to Minnesota: "trust me. It's up to Suter. He's waiting on Suter to decide and that'll determine if Zach comes here or elsewhere"

Russo also stated that they have continued talking to one another. Zach reemphasized he would love to play with Suter.

Sounds like there might still be a chance they both come to Detroit as package deal?

Michael Russo, Star-Trib on Twitter re: Parise/Suter going to Minnesota: "trust me. It's up to Suter. He's waiting on Suter to decide and that'll determine if Zach comes here or elsewhere"

Russo also stated that they have continued talking to one another. Zach reemphasized he would love to play with Suter.

Sounds like there might still be a chance they both come to Detroit as package deal?

Or they both go to Pitts/Minny... :(

I don't quite get why the rumors imply that Parise is trying to lure Suter away from DET and join him in Minnesota/Pittsburgh/Wherever.

Why wouldn't he want to play with Suter here in DET as well as Datsyuk, Zetterberg, etc.? Money? Does he absolutely have to wear the #9 on his jersey? Or maybe he hates Babs already?

Edited by Red Wings Addict

I don't quite get why the rumors imply that Parise is trying to lure Suter away from DET and join him in Minnesota/Pittsburgh/Wherever.

Why wouldn't he want to play with Suter here in DET as well as Datsyuk, Zetterberg, etc.? Money? Does he absolutely have to wear the #9 on his jersey? Or maybe he hates Babs already?

Our core is aging. How long will he get to play with Dats and Hank before they're gone? This kid is still a pup. I'm sure he wants to play on a team where he'll play with the same guys for quite a while.

Just what I think.

Parise wants to be a 10 million dollar a year complimentary player? Doesn't he ever plan on being the star forward on a team?

I hate Pitts as much as the next guy, but the prospect of playing on a line with Malkin and Crosby is pretty damn enticing to say the least.

Our core is aging. How long will he get to play with Dats and Hank before they're gone? This kid is still a pup. I'm sure he wants to play on a team where he'll play with the same guys for quite a while.

Just what I think.

Fair point. Very true.

In that same breath...

Parise would get to watch him and learn from him every day. It may not be for 10 years but those years would be quite worthwhile to his development as a player and a person.

THEY TOOK HIS JOB!!!

DAY BRUK IS BRAH...