• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Suter Watch: Decision today, down to Wings/Wild

Rate this topic

This is such playground antics with the "package deal." Grow up and do what is right for yourself and stop trying so damn hard to be together. It seemed fine the whole time they played apart, they never requested a trade to be together so why is this a huge deal now. The wild are garbage and if they go there just to be together then I think Parise's fiancé should be worried that Suter really has his heart.

Ryan Suter went to free agency because he wasn't sure of Nashville's commitment to winning. It wouldn't make any sense if he went and signed to a team who has had zero success as long as they've been a franchise. I know there's a lot more to consider, I just don't know what to think right now,because the prospect of not having Suter is just bad news.

If this is the case we will add Doan or Semin maybe both, sign carle, and trade for a top 4 defenseman. Still gonna be a sweet lineup. Holland is doing a great job this off season and won't let this team fall to playoff contenders instead of cup contenders.

Doan would be at BEST a lateral move with Hudler, so that would not give us a 'sweet lineup'. Carle is overrated and will cost a king's ransom to sign because hes everyone's plan B now. Any trade likely to be made would cost an arm and a leg and make the team worse down the line.

Thank the baby jeebuz that neither of those two players reads these boards when deciding which team to join. Some of the stuff so far in this 18 page wunderthread is gold. lol

Doan would be at BEST a lateral move with Hudler, so that would not give us a 'sweet lineup'. Carle is overrated and will cost a king's ransom to sign because hes everyone's plan B now. Any trade likely to be made would cost an arm and a leg and make the team worse down the line.

Doan a lateral movement from Hudler? Lol wow such a dumb statement. Samuelsson is an upgrade from Hudler

If this is the case we will add Doan or Semin maybe both, sign carle, and trade for a top 4 defenseman. Still gonna be a sweet lineup. Holland is doing a great job this off season and won't let this team fall to playoff contenders instead of cup contenders.

This. Suter would be great. But the price/years(especially) is getting ridiculous. Hopefully Kenny got his answer one way or another last night and I'm sure is working the phone to make this team better. We lose Suter and it could very well turn out it was the best thing to happen for us. Maybe it allows for us to get Weber next year or Yandle in a trade for less contrat years risk. Definatley not the end of the world. Lot's of very smart people in the Wings management, not just Kenny. I have faith.

Doan a lateral movement from Hudler? Lol wow such a dumb statement. Samuelsson is an upgrade from Hudler

Only in the 'I am playing with two Sedins' universe has Samuelsson ever out produced Hudler. Doan has not scored more than 22 goals in 3 years and is declining offensively, whereas Hudler is entering his prime. Doan will also be getting between 4.5 and 5 million for his ~50 points. On top of that his only reason for not resigning with Phx is because the management issues, they are currently in better shape roster wise than the Wings, and he is very loyal.

As much as I want Suter and or Parise on this team, people need to realize than not everyone wants to sign with the Red Wings...

Folks need to step back and think clearly without any emotions...

We will know soon enough it seems

If don't get Suter, DON'T sign Carle (we will need to overpaid for him and it could hurt us big time... let's not forget Wiz and Jackets), I would rather trade for Yandle... or Franson (perfect fit for Kronwall)... at the WORST case go after Markov...

Doan should be next FA target, followed by Semin.

A teammate of Suter while at Univ of Wisconsin was also signed by the Wild according to twitter. Man I go to bed seeing Surer to wings and wake to Suter to Wild talk.

Until someone credible like Bob Mackenzie, Dreger or Lebrun confirm it I don't believe a word of this.

Only in the 'I am playing with two Sedins' universe has Samuelsson ever out produced Hudler. Doan has not scored more than 22 goals in 3 years and is declining offensively, whereas Hudler is entering his prime. Doan will also be getting between 4.5 and 5 million for his ~50 points. On top of that his only reason for not resigning with Phx is because the management issues, they are currently in better shape roster wise than the Wings, and he is very loyal.

I guess defense, fore/back checking, and leadership don't equate into your formula of player quality. And Sammy shouldn't produce as much as happy since he is making 33% less. Sorry that I used logic and reason.

As much as I want Suter and or Parise on this team, people need to realize than not everyone wants to sign with the Red Wings...

Folks need to step back and think clearly without any emotions...

We will know soon enough it seems

I get that. There are plenty of attractive options out there for these two players, but if they want to be on a good team that can contend for a Cup now and play together, the Wings are the best bet. We're still one of the elite teams in this league and we have tons of cap space to not only sign them, but add even more. Logically, the Wings make the most sense if they are in fact trying to play together and be on a winning team. The Pens would be a great option, but signing both doesn't seem likely without having to take less money and even if they did that, they would be right against the cap. The Wild would be a feel good come home story, but its the Wild. We've made it to the Finals as many times as the Wild have made it to the playoffs (3). Would you feel comfortable signing a life time deal with a franchise that has that kind of track record? Ask Rick Nash how he feels about it now.

While obviously we WANT Parise and Suter here and we'd love to have them here for our own personal reasons, it also makes logical sense to play in Detroit as well.

So over it by now!!!! If you want to sign with the Wild then do it. Get it over with so the other 29 teams in the NHL can get to work. I don't ever recall a free agent taking their sweet ass pimp time like this, not like this got sprung on ya all of the sudden

Ya this is getting old fast. At least we have peace of mind knowing Holland and Illitch went balls out on this one. I don't see why they wouldn't increase their offer to a 7.5mill cap hit and max out there rather than 6.9mill.

I would sign Semin wayyyyy before I would sign Doan..Semin on a line with Dats has 40 goal capability..something Doan doens't have.. Doan would be a good fit but I would go after Semin first..personal preference..I know his work ethic is more than questionable but bring him here and see if that can change.

I guess defense, fore/back checking, and leadership don't equate into your formula of player quality. And Sammy shouldn't produce as much as happy since he is making 33% less. Sorry that I used logic and reason.

There's no actual logic in your statements.

First intangibles are nice, but at the end of the day the team that wins has more goals than the team that loses. Therefore you want guys who can score. As for Doan's back/fore checking, its nice, but as he would be playing wing they are not required, so while nice, a winger's #1 attribute is their ability to score and Hudler>Doan>>>>Sameulsson. And as for your logic, look at the mathematical trend of Doan's production over the last 5 seasons. As for the 33% less argument, I don't buy it, if he plays in the top 6. It doesn't matter what hes paid, a top 6 winger on any good team needs to produce at a certain level, and he has never produced as much as Hudler. With the cap increase the difference between Hudlers and Sammy's contract is just a shade over 1% of the overall salary cap (more logic, because a 33% difference is misleading).

PS Doan has only scored 30 or more goals twice, He averages 21 goals a season, which is not worth 4.5 million.

Edited by Shaman464