487 replies to this topic

#221 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

I just know yzerman or lidstrom wouldn't pull this

They might be doing this if they were both free agents and wanted to get the best deal to play together on the same team.

I really don't like everyone attacking these players character because we're in day 3 of the UFA period and they haven't signed yet. These talented players, who are interested in joining our team and possibly wearing the winged wheel for the next decade, need some time to think about what is the biggest decision of their professional career. It shouldn't be taken lightly and they need to take everything into account. If they choose us, great. If not, oh well, good luck to them wherever they go. Being pissed at a couple of players that COULD still be Red Wings because they need a little extra time to decide where they want to play is ignorant. We're Red Wings fans, let's act like the franchise and show some class and patience.

Edited by xtrememachine1, 03 July 2012 - 07:57 PM.

#222 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,075 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

They might be doing this if they were both free agents and wanted to get the best deal to play together on the same team.

I really don't like everyone attacking these players character because we're in day 3 of the UFA period and they haven't signed yet. These talented players, who are interested in joining our team and possibly wearing the winged wheel for the next decade, need some time to think about what is the biggest decision of their professional career. It shouldn't be taken lightly and they need to take everything into account. If they choose us, great. If not, oh well, good luck to them wherever they go. Being pissed at a couple of players that COULD still be Red Wings because they need a little extra time to decide where they want to play is ignorant. We're Red Wings fans, let's act like the franchise and show some class and patience.

This.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#223 Resetti

Resetti

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

Some people act like this is fantasy hockey, and moving players from team to team is as simple as that. This may be Suter's and Parise's only shot at free agency and they're not only weighing where they will likely play the rest of their careers, but where they'll live and raise a family for the next decade or more. It's a huge decision that they are entitled to think through fully to make sure they'll be happy, both professionally and personally. It's definitely not their fault if fans expected to know by now, or fans took off work with the hope to crack a beer as soon as a decision was announced, and it's anything but "unprofessional" for them to take time to carefully consider each offer sheet and do their research.

I want to know what happens as much as anybody, but that shouldn't be (and obviously isn't) a consideration at all for these players.

#224 puck9595

puck9595

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

I've been following this guy for a couple days, I'm not sure how reliable he is but he's sounded pretty reputable with the semin situation, and apparently he leaked jäger to Dallas this morning. And he sound really anal about checking his sources.

Anyway I didn't have the chance to post earlier, but these were around an hour ago.

Hockeyy insiderr:
"Had to be back early because of a text I just got from a source I trust immensely. Won't post it before I double check tho. On Suter. HUGE."

"Couldn't verify with other sources, but as per one source close to Suter he has made a choice, Detroit. #RedWings Working contract details."

#225 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

I hope something happens soon!!!!!
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#226 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,252 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

Besides, Lids has a mansion for sale....

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 1.00 PPG

#227 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

It's Now or Never, Kenny....

• Silver Booster
  • 5,446 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

I've been following this guy for a couple days, I'm not sure how reliable he is but he's sounded pretty reputable with the semin situation, and apparently he leaked jäger to Dallas this morning. And he sound really anal about checking his sources.

Anyway I didn't have the chance to post earlier, but these were around an hour ago.

Hockeyy insiderr:
"Had to be back early because of a text I just got from a source I trust immensely. Won't post it before I double check tho. On Suter. HUGE."

"Couldn't verify with other sources, but as per one source close to Suter he has made a choice, Detroit. #RedWings Working contract details."

Holding you to this man!

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#228 GoBlueGoWings

GoBlueGoWings

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

Someone posted that tweet In the twitter thread bout accounts not to cite

#229 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

My bad. wrong post.

Edited by Salviaman, 03 July 2012 - 08:24 PM.

Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#230 GoBlueGoWings

GoBlueGoWings

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

Not saying its not true but someone did post it and made comments bout that account. Bout how sometimes there accurate and announce news before its announced and they r right. Other times they come off looking clueless.

#231 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

Yeah, we aren't gonna cite that guy anymore.

#232 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

Yes, play the citing game correctly please.

#233 Resetti

Resetti

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

I'll be honest: if Suter signs in Detroit for a $6.9 million cap hit, I would be very surprised. It would tell you that he cares a lot more about winning than just loading the bank. I've figured, as most everyone has, that Suter will eventually sign with the Red Wings, and I still believe that's the case... but that was also before I heard the tender was $90M over 13 years. :g:

#234 puck9595

puck9595

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

Not saying its not true but someone did post it and made comments bout that account. Bout how sometimes there accurate and announce news before its announced and they r right. Other times they come off looking clueless.

I'll buy that. He also tweeted last night to expect Salvador to sign in the morning. He definitely likes to toot his own horn about him beating TSN multiple times. Sounds a little unloved. Haha

#235 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

I think we should sweeten the deal and go for 13/100 (7,5 caphit) its still 10 less than the Philadelphia offer.

Edited by frankgrimes, 03 July 2012 - 08:33 PM.

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#236 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

I think we should sweeten the deal and go for 13/100 (7,5 caphit) its still 10 less than the Philadelphia offer.

I concur.

#237 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

whats the signing bonus to go along with the 110/13 off PHI drafted? If its zippo then by all accounts our offer is better than that with the upside being that he gets 14 mil in the first two years (assuming not front loaded like other massive contracts ie Mule and Z) plus 24 mil in signing bonuses in that same time period. All in all hes looking at 114/13 years and gets 38 in the first two.

I wish my name was Zach or Ryan they have such tough decisions to make...
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#238 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

Bravo, LGW for reaching unimaginable levels of hilarity and creepiness. Just got off the evening shift and I found myself cracking up at this anxiety ball, aviation stalker thread. On to another day or two of madness!

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#239 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

It's Now or Never, Kenny....

• Silver Booster
  • 5,446 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

I concur.

Honestly, if he wants to go to a particular team and money isn't right, I'm sure his agent would just go straight to that team and tell them, "hey, he wants to go there, but you gotta match the highest offer".

Seem like the most obvious way of doing things.

Edited by ShanahanMan, 03 July 2012 - 09:06 PM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#240 YougotDatsyuked

YougotDatsyuked

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

Bravo, LGW for reaching unimaginable levels of hilarity and creepiness. Just got off the evening shift and I found myself cracking up at this anxiety ball, aviation stalker thread. On to another day or two of madness!

If you didn't have big kid stuff to do don't act like you wouldn't have been creeping with the rest of us lol