• This topic is locked This topic is locked
487 replies to this topic

#241 FLWINGSFAN4013

FLWINGSFAN4013

Al the Octopus

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

According to @Hockeyy Insider Suter has a verbal agreement in place.

#242 Resetti

Resetti

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

whats the signing bonus to go along with the 110/13 off PHI drafted? If its zippo then by all accounts our offer is better than that with the upside being that he gets 14 mil in the first two years (assuming not front loaded like other massive contracts ie Mule and Z) plus 24 mil in signing bonuses in that same time period. All in all hes looking at 114/13 years and gets 38 in the first two.

I could be mistaken, so if someone with a crystal clear understanding of current CBA language can clarify, but isn't the "signing bonus" just a front-loaded contract so that it pays the player faster? Unlike in the NFL and NBA where it's on top of the contract, I thought the NHL didn't allow off-the-book payments: the salary is the salary, and the only "bonus" is when it pays.

Which would mean that Detroit's offer is probably front-loaded, but still would "only" pay $90M over the life of the contract, not in addition to some bonus. And if my understanding is correct, that would still mean the ridiculous contract numbers thrown by Philadelphia and Minnesota are "better" in terms of dollars and cents.

#243 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

According to @Hockeyy Insider Suter has a verbal agreement in place.

With Detroit orrr?

#244 FLWINGSFAN4013

FLWINGSFAN4013

Al the Octopus

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

With Detroit orrr?

With us.

He reported Jagr to Dal before any other sports news.
Check him out on twitter. Some pretty interesting stuff.

#245 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

Josh Rimer of NHL Home Ice did an interview with Parise. A quote from it was, "We've talked. Ryan and I are friends. We've definitely talked throughout this thing."

Honestly, gut feeling kind of says he's leaning toward Minnesota with Suter. I really hope not.

#246 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

Honestly, as much as I hate rumor mongering, I've been looking into this "Hockey Insiderr" guy and have noticed that he has called 4 deals first before the press released it this off season. I would actually put some relevance into what he says.....

Hoping he's right. If so, he's my new go-to rumor guy!

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#247 GoBlueGoWings

GoBlueGoWings

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

Read earlier in this thread and also the twitter account thread that's pinned. He's hit or miss.

#248 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

Josh Rimer of NHL Home Ice did an interview with Parise. A quote from it was, "We've talked. Ryan and I are friends. We've definitely talked throughout this thing."

Honestly, gut feeling kind of says he's leaning toward Minnesota with Suter. I really hope not.

For Parise, yeah probably, but what makes you believe Suter is leaning toward there?

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#249 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:28 PM

Well if they want their best chance at winning... no way in heck should they pick Minny... If that happens, then they were both ALL about the Money. I could definitely understand Parise going there since he grew up there but Suter, come on.

Edited by HockeytownRules19, 03 July 2012 - 09:31 PM.

#250 GoBlueGoWings

GoBlueGoWings

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:29 PM

Parise is from Minnesota so that could mean he just wants to play for his home team.

#251 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:31 PM

For Parise, yeah probably, but what makes you believe Suter is leaning toward there?

I just get the vibe that they want to play hockey with each other... maybe it's just the pessimist in me :dntknw:

That "Hockeyy Insiderr" source was cited in the "do not trust" thread or whatever... I really want to believe that Suter has agreed to come here, but I feel like I'm being tricked, lol. If the account gets this one right (since I think he got Jagr and another one or two) I'd definitely see it as a viable account.

#252 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:32 PM

If the rumor about Suter agreeing is true (likely, IMO) and Parise comes over (unlikely, but whatver), this team will be stacked. A little weak on defense, but incredibly fun to watch.
"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#253 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:34 PM

I just get the vibe that they want to play hockey with each other... maybe it's just the pessimist in me :dntknw:

That "Hockeyy Insiderr" source was cited in the "do not trust" thread or whatever... I really want to believe that Suter has agreed to come here, but I feel like I'm being tricked, lol. If the account gets this one right (since I think he got Jagr and another one or two) I'd definitely see it as a viable account.

Then again, he's calling Parise to Pens as well....so half of me hopes he's right and half hopes he's wrong.....:P

I'd say solid, not stacked. We really need another top 4 defenseman (maybe wait to til tradedeadline). If we don't get another top 6 forward, I think it will really show...

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#254 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

Hockeyy Insiderr:

On Parise: sources reconfirm he will indeed join #Pens next season. After #MNWild increased offer, PIT did also. More front loaded also.

Some ppl say verbal agreements aren't worth the paper they're written on so take it as u wish but as of right now ZP= #Pens Suter= #RedWings

Take it with a grain on salt, but he did get the Jagr one right today. Maybe he'll get two more right.

#255 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

#CONFIRMED by 2 #NHL sources: Suter has VERBAL agreement with #REDWINGS. 13 year deal. Still tweaking payment allocation.

Sources say Suter to #RedWings will be announced after Parise announces his decision. Contract (minor) details still being arranged.

Both sources seem to believe Suter to #RedWings official announcement expected on July 5th. Friendly cap from what I hear but front loaded.

Sources say contract details still being negotiated, but Parise standing by his verbal agreement to sigh with #Pens.

Some ppl say verbal agreements aren't worth the paper they're written on so take it as u wish but as of right now ZP= #Pens Suter=#RedWings

Parise to #Pens and Suter to #RedWings would mean both go to division rivals from current team. Shows alot about loyalty in NHL nowadays.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#256 GoBlueGoWings

GoBlueGoWings

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

If we get Suter to go along with our additions Sunday. Then maybe add a guy like Semin and another D man for depth I'll be ecstatic with this offseason. And say boldly we could contend for Cup. Can't believe it's possible after Lidstrom retiring but it would be.

#257 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

As long as we get Suter... I could care less where Parise goes.

We Need Suter and that is the most important thing.

#258 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,641 posts

Then again, he's calling Parise to Pens as well....so half of me hopes he's right and half hopes he's wrong..... :P

I'd say solid, not stacked. We really need another top 4 defenseman (maybe wait to til tradedeadline). If we don't get another top 6 forward, I think it will really show...

At this point, I'm totally fine with getting Suter and not Parise. Sure, I'd like both guys... but we're really hurting on the back end. I think we could land Semin or Doan and still be pretty solid up front. If we don't land Suter, Carle seems to be the next best option, which scares me with the current group of defenders.

#259 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

I just hope you fellas are playing the "citing" game properly.

Until I have a "blueadams" line thread with Suter's name in it, I'm a non-believer.

#260 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

If we get Suter to go along with our additions Sunday. Then maybe add a guy like Semin and another D man for depth I'll be ecstatic with this offseason. And say boldly we could contend for Cup. Can't believe it's possible after Lidstrom retiring but it would be.

I'd really like to see them make a push for Nash if they lose out on Parise. Semin/Doan + Nash would be my dream offseason (along with Suter, obviously).
"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."