• This topic is locked This topic is locked
487 replies to this topic

#261 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

HockeyyInsiderr has actually received legitimate sources since gaining popularity. I can also confirm that Suter is "leaning toward the Wings" but I haven't heard anything else about a verbal agreement.

#262 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

HockeyyInsiderr has actually received legitimate sources since gaining popularity. I can also confirm that Suter is "leaning toward the Wings" but I haven't heard anything else about a verbal agreement.

What or who is your source? Just wondering.

#263 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

too bad he is the only guy reporting it

#264 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

I'm sure he all ready knew the Wings would offer him the most $$$ and he knew he is coming to Detroit his just using his time to boost his salary up nothing else. Worst case scenario he doesn't come to the Wings and still gets his $$$ somewhere else.

#265 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

Mr. I should tell both of them if you sign... both of you guys after you are introduced can come onto the tigers field together and throw out the 1st pitch lol

#266 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

I haven't watched a TON of Parise, but from what I saw he looked very good but not worth $7-8 million good. I'd rather get Doan for $4.5 and then roll out what we have and wait for the deadline.
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#267 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

If we get Suter for the 6.9 cap hit, and then turn our sights on Doan and could make that happen (granted Parise goes elsewhere), boy would I be impressed with Mr Holland.

#NOMOREKINDL

#268 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

Do you work within the industry?

If we get Suter for the 6.9 cap hit, and then turn our sights on Doan and could make that happen (granted Parise goes elsewhere), boy would I be impressed with Mr Holland.

Eh....that would make 5 of our possible top 6 over 30......we need to get younger. I say if we can get Semin for 1 year, 5 mil to see how it goes, I'd be all for it.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#269 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:59 PM

exactly! oh think of the hitting!! Him and Tootoo would lay on others, with the subtraction of Hudler, entrance of Sammy again, and a full time Smith, really would make our team much more physical.
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#270 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

TT seems to think this hockey insider guy is legit but i'm taking it with a grain of pepper.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#271 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

Eh....that would make 5 of our possible top 6 over 30......we need to get younger. I say if we can get Semin for 1 year, 5 mil to see how it goes, I'd be all for it.

Definately understand the age concerns, but Doan is an animal. He should be an exception. Plus, with signing that many players we'd have to move some guys maybe add youth that way. Plus, if we don't have to lose valuable assets as opposed to player dumbs via trade, then Nyquist would stay with the team.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan, 03 July 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#NOMOREKINDL

#272 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

Definately understand the age concerns, but Doan is an animal. He should be an exception. Plus, with signing that many players we'd have to move some guys maybe add youth that way. Plus, if we don't have to lose valuable assets as opposed to player dumbs via trade, then Nyquist would stay with the team.

Well, at least he's a solid guy you can depend on for points. As it stands right now, we have too many "?" type of forwards that aren't guaranteed to rack up points. Nyquist, coming off a rookie year.....Brunner, brand new to the NHL....Sammy, aging and injury prone lately. We really need guys who we KNOW we can depend on for points. Semin, regardless of his Franzen-like attitude, can be counted on for 50+ points regardless. That's why I wouldn't mind taking a risk with him.

Scoring is a big concern atm, which was really highlighted during last season's playoffs. Something like 7 goals in 5 games I think?

Edited by ShanahanMan, 03 July 2012 - 10:08 PM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#273 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:07 PM

Do you work within the industry?

I don't directly but someone I am very close with does. There has been no verbal agreement as reported, though.

#274 CheliFan89

CheliFan89

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

Anyone got an idea what it would take to trade Anaheim for Ryan? If we could trade for him and sign Semin that'd be a pretty nice way to round out our top 6!

#275 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

Anyone got an idea what it would take to trade Anaheim for Ryan? If we could trade for him and sign Semin that'd be a pretty nice way to round out our top 6!

It's gonna have to start with Fil. They want a 2nd line center per Darren Dreger.

#276 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

It's gonna have to start with Fil. They want a 2nd line center per Darren Dreger.

Franzen used to be a center

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#277 CheliFan89

CheliFan89

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

I saw that, not sure what else we would have to give up. But he hasn't really impressed me so I'd be okay with sending him

#278 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

Franzen used to be a center

Man Franzen and a prospect/pick I'd do in a second. Dude obviously needs a change in scenery.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#279 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

There will be more info tomorrow, but the Pens are all but officially out of the Suter race. And it looks like Suter will make his decision tomorrow, but it will not be public until later.

#280 GoBlueGoWings

GoBlueGoWings

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

This sucks! Googled Suter related tweets and it's blowing up with Suter to Wings stuff. I wanna know damnit lol. Too anxious to sleep