• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Suter Watch: Decision today, down to Wings/Wild

Rate this topic

Suter to Min

Parise to Pens

Couldn't think of a worse way for this to turn out if true.....

Russo was saying during that radio interview if Suter signed with MN, then Parise would follow. (to MN). Even though that goes against what we have been hearing until now.

Edited by Wingers17

Suter is a must, if there is even a chance that he doesn't come to the Wings Holland has to make a last ditch effort to get him. Honestly, and I know its kinda doomsayer but I don't see the Wings being competitive next season without a legitimate #1 D-man, not after losing Hudler's (no way they make up for that with the signings they've made) scoring and Lidstrom's leadership.

Don't think these two guys have very good character tbh but we need suter... We could build a Stanley cup winning roster this offseason but we have no defense without suter

What have they done wrong? Both are going quietly about their business, Suter even stated that no inperson hearing was needed, he has his phone on and his agent will be in Minnesota, thats good enough for him. Suter to me is a great guy, he wants to quietly do his job and impress with his actions instead of a big mouth and media attention.

Even if they sign elsewhere, I wish them nothing but the best. Hockeyplayers are the best and most respected athletes I can think off so no bad feelings either way. I'd love either one on the Wings, but if they decide otherwhise, its fine too. Sure, it will suck for us and we should save all the money for next season, providing the kids a chance to play and maybe miss the playoffs but if thats the price for a potential super UFA summer 2013 (Getzlaf/Weber), so be it.

I think we as Red Wings fans should show the same class as this organization, players are handled well here.

btw. happy independence day everyone.

True. If we were to fail to get a high quality defenseman, I would rather see Holland just stand pat and not do much else, except maybe 1-year temp deals just to get us through the season. Basically, simply prepare for to restack for next year.

I'm really worried that Holland will instead throw some long term contract at one of the "B" players, just to help fill the roster. Like I said, if it can be done for a 1 year term, I'd be fine but other than that, we are better off saving the funds for next FA.

I really think it was Suter or bust this year.

Edited by ShanahanMan

I think if we miss out on Suter (or any of the higher end forwards) that Holland will just go after the second and third tier guys with short term deals (like Sammy and Tootoo) and possibly attempt some trades (Nash, Iginla, etc).

I don't think they will "stand pat" since Jimmy D stated they are going to spend to the cap and they know that fans want a better team after Lidstrom's retirement and the early round loss last season.

This is so nerve wracking to think we might not get Suter

Not to be super depressive and pessimistic but.......well....., considering Brian Lawton played with Suter's agent Neil Sheehy on the Caps together, and Brian's the one saying Suter is now a member of the Wild, I'd say odds are definitely not looking in our favor.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Lawton played in Minny. He's biased. Same as that idiot writer for the Wild. Until these guys sign, they're available. That being said, I wish Kenny would move on from both. I know he won't though.

A Wild 4th of July..f this

I'm more irritated that people were posting tweets about Suter to Wings and trying to defend his credibility and not even 12 hours later it's this.

Yeah, I take responsibility for a lot of that. Just seeing that source say the Wings, I really wanted it to be true so damn bad....

But yeah, the truth has slapped us pretty hard this morning.

Edited by ShanahanMan

Guest irishock

If Suter heads to Min, it means Parise is probably there as well.

I know everyone is saying Suter to Minnesota, but until I see any kind of official statement it's all just speculation at this point. If Parise and Suter do, in fact, sign with the Wild it will only be a matter of time before one or both of them request a trade. That team is going nowhere, even with those two.

If this is the case we will add Doan or Semin maybe both, sign carle, and trade for a top 4 defenseman. Still gonna be a sweet lineup. Holland is doing a great job this off season and won't let this team fall to playoff contenders instead of cup contenders.

Edited by YougotDatsyuked

I know everyone is saying Suter to Minnesota, but until I see any kind of official statement it's all just speculation at this point. If Parise and Suter do, in fact, sign with the Wild it will only be a matter of time before one or both of them request a trade. That team is going nowhere, even with those two.

The aWild are more than 1-2 players away. This is craziness on their part if true. No way Minny earns the Cup in my lifetime! Certainly not in the next 13 years!

Ya like seriously who would honestly wanna play for the most boring team in the NHL. If they both go there they will never win a cup in there career.