ryan suter free agency flightaware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
487 replies to this topic

#281 cchase231

cchase231

Draftee

• 14 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:44 PM

This sucks! Googled Suter related tweets and it's blowing up with Suter to Wings stuff. I wanna know damnit lol. Too anxious to sleep

I'd say it's awesome......

#282 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

Understand about the Twitter citing, but Insiderr guy is calling 95%​ on Suter to Detroit. He's soon either gonna look brilliant, or become the next Eklund.

Oh and he's also saying 90% for Parise to Pens :(.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#283 YougotDatsyuked

YougotDatsyuked

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

Parise to the Burg is better than the windy city. Plus they don't have stall and their D is still so-so

#284 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

I'm trying to talk to HockeyyInsiderr and if he proves legit now then it would be fine posting his stuff. Right now he actually has a really good record going. As far as those numbers, I'd bump them both down %10

#285 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

THEY TOOK MY JOB!!!!!!!!!
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#286 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

I'm trying to talk to HockeyyInsiderr and if he proves legit now then it would be fine posting his stuff. Right now he actually has a really good record going. As far as those numbers, I'd bump them both down %10

Well, we'll know regardless in a few days anyway. After putting over 90% on these deals, if he gets even ONE wrong, he's lost all credibility. However, if he's right, I think we've finally found a legit Hockeybuzz.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#287 Resetti

Resetti

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

I would be totally fine with Suter to Detroit and Parise to Pittsburgh. Once those two free agents sign, it's going to be fun to watch the windfall as the other big name FAs - Carle, Semin, Doan, Nash - figure to see boosted stock and free agency catches fire.

But maybe Parise parties too hard tomorrow with his family for the 4th of July and makes the emotional decision to sign with Minnesota (and I could only imagine the hangover pains that would follow).

#288 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

I want Suter but the more I think about $90 mill for 13 years, the more I realize what a stupid kind of deal/contract it is. I still want him but would prefer something like a 6-7 year at $6-7 mill/yr. We got caught in the emotions of the moment.

#289 Resetti

Resetti

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

If he signs at a $6.9M cap hit over the next 13 years, I think it proves to be a bargain. Consider that the salary cap has moved from $39M in 2005-06 to $70M in 2012-13... projecting what the cap will be in five, nine, and thirteen years, that hit may look better and better with time.

I don't like the term because you never know what could happen, but I think it'd be a bargain for Suter to sign for that salary in an off-season that has seen teams throw offers well above $100M.

ETA: Unfortunately I think GMs are handcuffed by the fact that longterm contracts are what these prized FAs want, especially in a year the CBA is expiring and longterm deals may well be barred after this offseason. I think that Suter is an elite defenseman, and you make the exception if that's what it takes.

Edited by Resetti, 03 July 2012 - 11:33 PM.

#290 RedStormRising

RedStormRising

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:40 PM

Michael Russo, Star-Trib on Twitter re: Parise/Suter going to Minnesota: "trust me. It's up to Suter. He's waiting on Suter to decide and that'll determine if Zach comes here or elsewhere"

Russo also stated that they have continued talking to one another. Zach reemphasized he would love to play with Suter.

Sounds like there might still be a chance they both come to Detroit as package deal?

#291 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

Michael Russo, Star-Trib on Twitter re: Parise/Suter going to Minnesota: "trust me. It's up to Suter. He's waiting on Suter to decide and that'll determine if Zach comes here or elsewhere"

Russo also stated that they have continued talking to one another. Zach reemphasized he would love to play with Suter.

Sounds like there might still be a chance they both come to Detroit as package deal?

Or they both go to Pitts/Minny... :(

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#292 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

So many rumors.

#293 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:00 AM

Does anyone know what offer we threw at Parise? Amount and term?

Edited by RedWingsRox, 04 July 2012 - 12:01 AM.

#294 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

suter won't come to detroit unless he can play country music in the lockeroom,because he loves it

Lol dumbest thing I have heard on here for some while now.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#295 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

I don't quite get why the rumors imply that Parise is trying to lure Suter away from DET and join him in Minnesota/Pittsburgh/Wherever.

Why wouldn't he want to play with Suter here in DET as well as Datsyuk, Zetterberg, etc.? Money? Does he absolutely have to wear the #9 on his jersey? Or maybe he hates Babs already?

Edited by Red Wings Addict, 04 July 2012 - 12:23 AM.

#296 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:25 AM

I don't quite get why the rumors imply that Parise is trying to lure Suter away from DET and join him in Minnesota/Pittsburgh/Wherever.

Why wouldn't he want to play with Suter here in DET as well as Datsyuk, Zetterberg, etc.? Money? Does he absolutely have to wear the #9 on his jersey? Or maybe he hates Babs already?

Our core is aging. How long will he get to play with Dats and Hank before they're gone? This kid is still a pup. I'm sure he wants to play on a team where he'll play with the same guys for quite a while.

Just what I think.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#297 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:31 AM

Parise wants to be a 10 million dollar a year complimentary player? Doesn't he ever plan on being the star forward on a team?

#298 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

THEY TOOK MY JOB!!!!!!!!!

THEY TOOK HIS JOB!!!
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#299 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:33 AM

Parise wants to be a 10 million dollar a year complimentary player? Doesn't he ever plan on being the star forward on a team?

I hate Pitts as much as the next guy, but the prospect of playing on a line with Malkin and Crosby is pretty damn enticing to say the least.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#300 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:40 AM

Our core is aging. How long will he get to play with Dats and Hank before they're gone? This kid is still a pup. I'm sure he wants to play on a team where he'll play with the same guys for quite a while.

Just what I think.

Fair point. Very true.

In that same breath...

Parise would get to watch him and learn from him every day. It may not be for 10 years but those years would be quite worthwhile to his development as a player and a person.

THEY TOOK HIS JOB!!!

DAY BRUK IS BRAH...