ryan suter free agency flightaware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
487 replies to this topic

#341 GoBlueGoWings

GoBlueGoWings

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:23 AM

A teammate of Suter while at Univ of Wisconsin was also signed by the Wild according to twitter. Man I go to bed seeing Surer to wings and wake to Suter to Wild talk.

#342 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:32 AM

Im not going to get to worked up yet, it doesnt look good though...If he goes to Minny then it'stime to see that plan a, b, c, or even the plan d they were talking about.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#343 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:44 AM

Looking more and more like these guys were waiting for July 4th to announce they'll be playing with each other for Minnesota, lol.

#344 GoBlueGoWings

GoBlueGoWings

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

A Wild 4th of July..f this

I'm more irritated that people were posting tweets about Suter to Wings and trying to defend his credibility and not even 12 hours later it's this.

#345 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:52 AM

A Wild 4th of July..f this

I'm more irritated that people were posting tweets about Suter to Wings and trying to defend his credibility and not even 12 hours later it's this.

Yeah, I take responsibility for a lot of that. Just seeing that source say the Wings, I really wanted it to be true so damn bad....

But yeah, the truth has slapped us pretty hard this morning.

Edited by ShanahanMan, 04 July 2012 - 07:53 AM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#346 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:54 AM

If Suter heads to Min, it means Parise is probably there as well.

bringit.jpg

#347 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

I know everyone is saying Suter to Minnesota, but until I see any kind of official statement it's all just speculation at this point. If Parise and Suter do, in fact, sign with the Wild it will only be a matter of time before one or both of them request a trade. That team is going nowhere, even with those two.

#348 YougotDatsyuked

YougotDatsyuked

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:03 AM

If this is the case we will add Doan or Semin maybe both, sign carle, and trade for a top 4 defenseman. Still gonna be a sweet lineup. Holland is doing a great job this off season and won't let this team fall to playoff contenders instead of cup contenders.

Edited by YougotDatsyuked, 04 July 2012 - 08:04 AM.

#349 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:04 AM

I know everyone is saying Suter to Minnesota, but until I see any kind of official statement it's all just speculation at this point. If Parise and Suter do, in fact, sign with the Wild it will only be a matter of time before one or both of them request a trade. That team is going nowhere, even with those two.

The aWild are more than 1-2 players away. This is craziness on their part if true. No way Minny earns the Cup in my lifetime! Certainly not in the next 13 years!

RIP #24

#350 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Ya like seriously who would honestly wanna play for the most boring team in the NHL. If they both go there they will never win a cup in there career.

#351 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

This is such playground antics with the "package deal." Grow up and do what is right for yourself and stop trying so damn hard to be together. It seemed fine the whole time they played apart, they never requested a trade to be together so why is this a huge deal now. The wild are garbage and if they go there just to be together then I think Parise's fiancé should be worried that Suter really has his heart.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#352 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

Ryan Suter went to free agency because he wasn't sure of Nashville's commitment to winning. It wouldn't make any sense if he went and signed to a team who has had zero success as long as they've been a franchise. I know there's a lot more to consider, I just don't know what to think right now,because the prospect of not having Suter is just bad news.

#353 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

If this is the case we will add Doan or Semin maybe both, sign carle, and trade for a top 4 defenseman. Still gonna be a sweet lineup. Holland is doing a great job this off season and won't let this team fall to playoff contenders instead of cup contenders.

Doan would be at BEST a lateral move with Hudler, so that would not give us a 'sweet lineup'. Carle is overrated and will cost a king's ransom to sign because hes everyone's plan B now. Any trade likely to be made would cost an arm and a leg and make the team worse down the line.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#354 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,273 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:13 AM

Decision to be made today per ESPN

http://espn.go.com/n...ecide-wednesday
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#355 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:13 AM

Thank the baby jeebuz that neither of those two players reads these boards when deciding which team to join. Some of the stuff so far in this 18 page wunderthread is gold. lol
Posted Image
Posted Image

#356 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

Doan would be at BEST a lateral move with Hudler, so that would not give us a 'sweet lineup'. Carle is overrated and will cost a king's ransom to sign because hes everyone's plan B now. Any trade likely to be made would cost an arm and a leg and make the team worse down the line.

Doan a lateral movement from Hudler? Lol wow such a dumb statement. Samuelsson is an upgrade from Hudler

#357 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

I'm worried.
RIP #24

#358 freshy

freshy

Freshy

• PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

This. Suter would be great. But the price/years(especially) is getting ridiculous. Hopefully Kenny got his answer one way or another last night and I'm sure is working the phone to make this team better. We lose Suter and it could very well turn out it was the best thing to happen for us. Maybe it allows for us to get Weber next year or Yandle in a trade for less contrat years risk. Definatley not the end of the world. Lot's of very smart people in the Wings management, not just Kenny. I have faith.
You gotta be the QB to win the MVP baby! You can't be the punter.

#359 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:20 AM

Hopefully the contract is retarded for suter to the wild... If he takes a discount to play for the wild than that's just ridiculous

#360 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:21 AM

I cannot believe the Wild are seriously about to troll the free agent market...