• This topic is locked This topic is locked
487 replies to this topic

#361 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:22 AM

Doan a lateral movement from Hudler? Lol wow such a dumb statement. Samuelsson is an upgrade from Hudler

Only in the 'I am playing with two Sedins' universe has Samuelsson ever out produced Hudler. Doan has not scored more than 22 goals in 3 years and is declining offensively, whereas Hudler is entering his prime. Doan will also be getting between 4.5 and 5 million for his ~50 points. On top of that his only reason for not resigning with Phx is because the management issues, they are currently in better shape roster wise than the Wings, and he is very loyal.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#362 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

As much as I want Suter and or Parise on this team, people need to realize than not everyone wants to sign with the Red Wings...

Folks need to step back and think clearly without any emotions...

We will know soon enough it seems
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#363 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

If don't get Suter, DON'T sign Carle (we will need to overpaid for him and it could hurt us big time... let's not forget Wiz and Jackets), I would rather trade for Yandle... or Franson (perfect fit for Kronwall)... at the WORST case go after Markov...

Doan should be next FA target, followed by Semin.
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#364 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

A teammate of Suter while at Univ of Wisconsin was also signed by the Wild according to twitter. Man I go to bed seeing Surer to wings and wake to Suter to Wild talk.

Until someone credible like Bob Mackenzie, Dreger or Lebrun confirm it I don't believe a word of this.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#365 YougotDatsyuked

YougotDatsyuked

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Only in the 'I am playing with two Sedins' universe has Samuelsson ever out produced Hudler. Doan has not scored more than 22 goals in 3 years and is declining offensively, whereas Hudler is entering his prime. Doan will also be getting between 4.5 and 5 million for his ~50 points. On top of that his only reason for not resigning with Phx is because the management issues, they are currently in better shape roster wise than the Wings, and he is very loyal.

I guess defense, fore/back checking, and leadership don't equate into your formula of player quality. And Sammy shouldn't produce as much as happy since he is making 33% less. Sorry that I used logic and reason.

#366 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

http://predators.nhl...club/roster.htm

Preds NHL.com roster. Where's Suter?
RIP #24

#367 YougotDatsyuked

YougotDatsyuked

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

http://predators.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

Preds NHL.com roster. Where's Suter?

At his farm in Madison ;)

#368 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

As much as I want Suter and or Parise on this team, people need to realize than not everyone wants to sign with the Red Wings...

#369 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

So over it by now!!!! If you want to sign with the Wild then do it. Get it over with so the other 29 teams in the NHL can get to work. I don't ever recall a free agent taking their sweet ass pimp time like this, not like this got sprung on ya all of the sudden
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#370 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:36 AM

I get that. There are plenty of attractive options out there for these two players, but if they want to be on a good team that can contend for a Cup now and play together, the Wings are the best bet. We're still one of the elite teams in this league and we have tons of cap space to not only sign them, but add even more. Logically, the Wings make the most sense if they are in fact trying to play together and be on a winning team. The Pens would be a great option, but signing both doesn't seem likely without having to take less money and even if they did that, they would be right against the cap. The Wild would be a feel good come home story, but its the Wild. We've made it to the Finals as many times as the Wild have made it to the playoffs (3). Would you feel comfortable signing a life time deal with a franchise that has that kind of track record? Ask Rick Nash how he feels about it now.

While obviously we WANT Parise and Suter here and we'd love to have them here for our own personal reasons, it also makes logical sense to play in Detroit as well.

#371 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:36 AM

So over it by now!!!! If you want to sign with the Wild then do it. Get it over with so the other 29 teams in the NHL can get to work. I don't ever recall a free agent taking their sweet ass pimp time like this, not like this got sprung on ya all of the sudden

Ya this is getting old fast. At least we have peace of mind knowing Holland and Illitch went balls out on this one. I don't see why they wouldn't increase their offer to a 7.5mill cap hit and max out there rather than 6.9mill.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#372 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:39 AM

I would sign Semin wayyyyy before I would sign Doan..Semin on a line with Dats has 40 goal capability..something Doan doens't have.. Doan would be a good fit but I would go after Semin first..personal preference..I know his work ethic is more than questionable but bring him here and see if that can change.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#373 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:40 AM

I would much rather overpay Suter with a 7.5 mil cap than not get him at all.

#374 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

I guess defense, fore/back checking, and leadership don't equate into your formula of player quality. And Sammy shouldn't produce as much as happy since he is making 33% less. Sorry that I used logic and reason.

There's no actual logic in your statements.

First intangibles are nice, but at the end of the day the team that wins has more goals than the team that loses. Therefore you want guys who can score. As for Doan's back/fore checking, its nice, but as he would be playing wing they are not required, so while nice, a winger's #1 attribute is their ability to score and Hudler>Doan>>>>Sameulsson. And as for your logic, look at the mathematical trend of Doan's production over the last 5 seasons. As for the 33% less argument, I don't buy it, if he plays in the top 6. It doesn't matter what hes paid, a top 6 winger on any good team needs to produce at a certain level, and he has never produced as much as Hudler. With the cap increase the difference between Hudlers and Sammy's contract is just a shade over 1% of the overall salary cap (more logic, because a 33% difference is misleading).

PS Doan has only scored 30 or more goals twice, He averages 21 goals a season, which is not worth 4.5 million.

Edited by Shaman464, 04 July 2012 - 08:50 AM.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#375 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

Minnesota?????? bwahahahahahahah. Well if he or they both sign they can have fun playing on the most boring team in the NHL. Have fun with the TRAP boys *yawn*

#376 GoBlueGoWings

GoBlueGoWings

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

Espn said decision likely this afternoon for both. Also saw on twitter Parise's girl is pushing for him to play for his home team of the Wild. Couple that with Suter's rumors today..f***. I didn't think or even care about Parise..for me it was all Suter. Looks like there both heading to Minny. Hope im dead wrong

#377 YougotDatsyuked

YougotDatsyuked

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

Who says Sammy is gonna play in the top 6? And checking leads to turnovers which lead to goals. Defense leads to the opposition scoring less goals which is incredibly important to win.

#378 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

Doan's 21 goals alone may not be worth 4.5m but his combined leadership, knowledge of the game, work ethic, and durability sure make up quite a bit of that.

We all understand that Semin, Doan, Nash, etc are not on par with Parise. But compared to some of the craptastic performances and efforts put out by some of our forwards last season....anyone mentioned would be an improvement.

#379 GoBlueGoWings

GoBlueGoWings

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

Parise supposedly said only way he goes to the Wild is if Suter joins him..I wonder if it's possible this Lawton guy mistakened that for Suter to Minny? One can hope!

#380 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

Espn said decision likely this afternoon for both.

Link? (Because I'm lazy.)

Don't Toews me, bro!