• This topic is locked This topic is locked
487 replies to this topic

#21 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

eklund hasnt mentioned it so we must be signing him!!!

#22 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

eklund hasnt mentioned it so we must be signing him!!!

DON'T JINX US!

Posted Image

#23 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

Please sign now and just have everyone shut up about this, especially Minnesota media, fans, and just straight up random people talk about Suter and Praise is straight up disgusting to listen to. Fans think if they get both, should my as well hand them the cup and skip to next year season (although they say this every damn year lol), media thinks since Praise was born here he should play here (umm.. no? Get a better reason), and my favorite random ass people who think they know what there talking about. Like for example, this morning listening to a radio show here in town and they're talking about this whole thing. The guy knew what he was talking about because his son plays hockey on my cousin team so he is pretty knowledgeable to the whole thing but the girl had no idea wtf he or probably even she was saying. She was more focus on trying to bring them 2 here on her "looks"? :shock: .

THANK YOU! I live in the western suburbs of the Twin Cities, and I'm seriously going to lose some Minnesota friends over this!

Since I relate everything in Minnesota back to the movie "Fargo", basically the whole state thinks they're the know-it-all banker father-in-law/grandpa ("No Jean, no money!") with old-school hockey connections...when in fact they're all Jerry Lundegaard.

Folks, Minnesotans have been talking for MONTHS like this was a done deal, and obviously Zach wanted to come home and lead the Wild to their inevitable Cup. Few problems there:

(1) It hasn't happened yet! Money doesn't seem to be an issue here, so even if he does sign with MIN, it's pretty obvious he thought damn hard about NJ, PIT, and several other teams.

(2) Parise is not a blind Minnesota homer. As evidence of that fact, he played his college hockey at NORTH DAKOTA! If Zach Parise based his entire life around what the average Minnesotan wanted, he wouldn't have gone and played for the biggest rival the University of Minnesota has in college hockey.

(3) Your team sucks. Sorry, it just does. As strong as you believe your fanbase to be, the organization has been terribly run and has two freaking Playoff series wins in their entire existence. (The fanbase bit is a big lie, by the way, as the "Team of 18,000" here is, at best, a cult following. The Wild generate zero buzz here, and coverage is swallowed by anything Vikings and Twins. Even their TV ratings are decidedly middle-of-the-pack among other U.S markets).

Nevertheless, it's been months and months of coverage and anticipation that Parise is going to sign with this team that missed the Playoffs by 14 points last year. Please make it stop.

#24 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

At the risk of stating the obvious, the Wings need to make the all out push for Suter. If they don't land Parise, it's not gonna kill the team. They've still got a lot of offensive talent. But without a big name blueliner, our defense is looking scary. And not in a good way.

#25 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

Maybe they just parked the jet there so Holland can low-ball Howson.

We are talking about an organisation that paid the Russian mob to help Konstantinov defect from the Russian miltary by forging doctor certificates stating he had inoperable brain cancer.

In Soviet Russia, brain cancer operates you...

#26 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Man I hope you are right. Just reading what you wrote just got me all warm and fuzzy. So what number is Drew Miller going to wear? :P

I like drew in #23 but #26 or #29 will work...either way I don't think Drew will have an issue giving Ryan #20...

Semin and Nash will have no issues with their number's....#28 and #61 would look wonderful on the Winged Wheel!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#27 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

I guess Illitch and Chelios are supposedly meeting with Suter today which is why the plane went to Wisconsin. They are supposed to be back around 5pm.

http://kuklaskorner.com/
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#28 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

no tsn people or anyone on twitter is reporting it besides fans.

http://www.mlive.com...rivate_pla.html

www.thinkdunes.com

#29 13dats

13dats

Home of www.datsyuk13.com

• PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

It's in MLive now:
Who wants to go to DTW to check who is coing off the jet?

#30 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

Hard to gauge what this means, but the fact no other teams have been reported (yet) of having met with Suter in person seems positive.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#31 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

At the risk of stating the obvious, the Wings need to make the all out push for Suter. If they don't land Parise, it's not gonna kill the team. They've still got a lot of offensive talent. But without a big name blueliner, our defense is looking scary. And not in a good way.

This for sure! Can live without Parise... I am intrigued to see if Holland seriously goes after Ryan or Nash after this or heck even before this. I can imagine if the Wings picked up Nash or Ryan, it would sway Suter even more to Detroit...then Parise will be like...F*** ME! I should have picked Detroit!

Edited by LeftWinger, 03 July 2012 - 01:56 PM.

www.thinkdunes.com

#32 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

This for sure! Can live without Parise... I am intrigued to see if Holland seriously goes after Ryan or Nash after this or heck even before this. I can imagine if the Wings picked up Nash or Ryan, it would sway Suter even more to Detroit...then Parise will be like...F*** ME! I should have picked Detroit!

I don't think Holland will pull the trigger on a trade so long as Parise is still an option and wouldn't cost us anything but money.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#33 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

(3) Your team sucks. Sorry, it just does. As strong as you believe your fanbase to be, the organization has been terribly run and has two freaking Playoff series wins in their entire existence. (The fanbase bit is a big lie, by the way, as the "Team of 18,000" here is, at best, a cult following. The Wild generate zero buzz here, and coverage is swallowed by anything Vikings and Twins. Even their TV ratings are decidedly middle-of-the-pack among other U.S markets).

Agree, you had your GM hire his friends as a head coach! Team of 18,000? Yeah, may look sold out but I been to quite a few Wild games this past year, when the Red Wings were in town, Canucks (rival game- Yeah, very boring game, crowd was sleeping). There is no one there, or if there is it's about 70%-30% Wild fans. Hell what's even worse about that game is probably only 13 or 14,000 at the game. Went down there last minute with my dad and we got lower level tickets for $20 dollars a ticket. 7 rows up at center ice from a guy outside the arena.

Edited by HadThomasVokounOnFortSt, 03 July 2012 - 02:01 PM.

hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#34 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,076 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

no tsn people or anyone on twitter is reporting it besides fans.

Doesn't matter -- it just means some fans did more investigative work than they did. All you need is the tail # of any of the planes registered to Olympia and you can get their FAA-submitted flight plans. It's public record, and FlightAware.com posts them online. (For instance, Red Bird III has been parked at Metro since Sunday when it got finished bringing the Tigers back from Tampa Bay.)

This place will explode if the plane submits an updated flight plan to Minneapolis rather than taking off to return back to Metro in an hour.

#35 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Maybe we just had the plane circle his house at low altitude for an hour or so to make sure he's crystal clear on our desire to sign him.
ENJOY THE RIDE

#36 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

I guess Illitch and Chelios are supposedly meeting with Suter today which is why the plane went to Wisconsin. They are supposed to be back around 5pm.

http://kuklaskorner.com/

If Illitch really went there himself with Cheli then I feel 95% sure Suter will be a Wing.

#37 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,076 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

Ansar and a few of the other Detroit beat writers were all tipped off by the same Twitter user (who tweeted them specifically).

#38 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

Rumor also has it that A plane from minnasota is flying to Wisconsin.... Maybe Parise to Suter so
We can pick them both up...???? Please be true!

#39 CheliFan89

CheliFan89

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

the two Wild games I've traveled down for they announced the crowd was sold out. I saw plenty of empty seats especially in the top tier. Their fan base is annoying and think Minnesota gave hockey to the world and we bow down to them for it

#40 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

I don't think Holland will pull the trigger on a trade so long as Parise is still an option and wouldn't cost us anything but money.

Oh I agree, but I kinda wish he would because as soon as Parise signs somewhere, the other teams who lost out will be trying to get Nash or Ryan and the price will skyrocket...

www.thinkdunes.com