• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Suter Watch: Decision today, down to Wings/Wild

Rate this topic

When the water comes, I'll will overfloooooow

More St. James: #Redwings made 2 year offer to D Sami Salo Sunday but lost him to Tampa Bay. Wanted to add both Suter & Salo.

So...Kenny's looking to add two d-men?

I'm very ok with that.

How does she like ur avatar?

Beat me to it lol, all in good fun obviously but that was the first thing that popped into my head to when I read the wife, also sweet she digs it ;)

...........Honestly I am going to crap my pants if we dont here an anouncement on Suter soon but even more if it's not the Wings.

Well... We all wanted a bit more excitement than we got yesterday.

Good to see that Ilitch, Holland and the rest of the crew are still pushing hard for Suter. Bumping their offer by $10m certainly shows that they're serious in their pursuit.

Im thinking that he didnt take the 100 million off the bat, then he wont at all. I doubt we flew out there with already one of the lower contracts on the table and then were asked to raise it to a number still below the rest but a lot closer shows that Suter wants to play here but he wants to get fair value. Suter is worth 6.9 AAV so im fine by that. I also like the fact that no way he goes to Philly if he doesn't want scrutiny because they are one of the worst markets on their players. I think we are right there to signing him and meeting him half way will do the trick. kinda like... "Philly is at 100, were at 80, how about we meet in the Middle and you come play the next 13 years in the playoffs?" lol

Considering the initial offer was for 6.1ish, no wonder he didn't sign here right off the bat. At 6.9 per, at least you can say the Red Wings are trying to compete with the other teams.

Those are just cap hits, guarantee he is going to have a front loaded contract paying him upwards of $11M-$12M per season for a some years!

Good to see that Ilitch, Holland and the rest of the crew are still pushing hard for Suter. Bumping their offer by $10m certainly shows that they're serious in their pursuit.

Not really. Not lowballing him by (by the reports) 20 million less than some other teams with their initial offer, when everybody knows that we NEED Suter, would have shown that they are serious.

This is why you don't try the extreme lowball tactic with somone when you both know damn well that you need them. The Wings bumped their offer up by 10 mil in the blink of an eye. Suter has to be thinking, well if they did that, they'll probably match any offer I get from any other team.

If they had offered him like 90 up front, with some wiggle room, it might have been a done deal. Now its possible we might have to pay even more than that.

Shrewd negotiating doesn't work so well when the other party knows that they have your back up against a wall and your just posturing.

Lost in all this, Helen St. James has reported that if Detroit misses the Parise bus, they will go hard for Doan on the 9th...

Not really. Not lowballing him by (by the reports) 20 million less than some other teams with their initial offer, when everybody knows that we NEED Suter, would have shown that they are serious.

This is why you don't try the extreme lowball tactic with somone when you both know damn well that you need them. The Wings bumped their offer up by 10 mil in the blink of an eye. Suter has to be thinking, well if they did that, they'll probably match any offer I get from any other team.

If they had offered him like 90 up front, with some wiggle room, it might have been a done deal. Now its possible we might have to pay even more than that.

Shrewd negotiating doesn't work so well when the other party knows that they have your back up against a wall and your just posturing.

I don't think Holland lowballed him...guarantee that Hollands offer was on par with every other "contending" team that made him an offer....

If there were teams that offered Suter $100M-$110M it was more than likely teams that HAD to offer him that much for even a consideration... ie. Bottom dwellers...

Per Malik Report:

Update #12: The plane has landed, and the Detroit News’s Ted Kulfan says he’s

waiting, but the Detoit News’s David Guralnick fired off more interesting news:

I was doubtful that Suter is on that plane. But media are being denied acces to terminal where Ilitch’s plane will land.

Media being sent off terminal property doesn’t mean Suter is on plane. Ilitch isn’t always up for a media scrum.

Ilitch’s plane has landed.

And Kulfan’s getting the

shove-off, too:

Police have booted us away from driveway

Update #12.5: Here we go, from

Ansar Khan:

Wings plane returned from Madison 20 minutes ago. Media not allowed on grounds. No interviews allowed.
Edited by DYags