• This topic is locked This topic is locked
487 replies to this topic

#81 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,808 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

Well... We all wanted a bit more excitement than we got yesterday.

Good to see that Ilitch, Holland and the rest of the crew are still pushing hard for Suter. Bumping their offer by $10m certainly shows that they're serious in their pursuit.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#82 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Really was hoping we'd offer him 7.5-8 as Im not sure what the heck it's going to take but with a 100mill offer and 6.1ish??. However Im glad they got to meet him none the less...
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#83 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

Why didn't we send a plane with the top brass to go see Hudler?? :sleepy:
ENJOY THE RIDE

#84 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

Im thinking that he didnt take the 100 million off the bat, then he wont at all. I doubt we flew out there with already one of the lower contracts on the table and then were asked to raise it to a number still below the rest but a lot closer shows that Suter wants to play here but he wants to get fair value. Suter is worth 6.9 AAV so im fine by that. I also like the fact that no way he goes to Philly if he doesn't want scrutiny because they are one of the worst markets on their players. I think we are right there to signing him and meeting him half way will do the trick. kinda like... "Philly is at 100, were at 80, how about we meet in the Middle and you come play the next 13 years in the playoffs?" lol

#85 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

I don't know how much more I can take of waiting
IPB Image

#86 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

Considering the initial offer was for 6.1ish, no wonder he didn't sign here right off the bat. At 6.9 per, at least you can say the Red Wings are trying to compete with the other teams.

Those are just cap hits, guarantee he is going to have a front loaded contract paying him upwards of $11M-$12M per season for a some years!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#87 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

Im thinking its going to be a Zetterberg contract. 7.5 mil for 10 seasons then drops to 3-2-1 mil the last few.

#88 mtuhockey7

mtuhockey7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

But we only have Jimmy Howard in net where Philly has "the universe"...

#89 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

Bump it up to 7.5/year and hand him the pen.

#90 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,077 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

Dodgin' all those thunderstorms trying to land certainly isn't speeding things along.

#91 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

Good to see that Ilitch, Holland and the rest of the crew are still pushing hard for Suter. Bumping their offer by $10m certainly shows that they're serious in their pursuit.

Not really. Not lowballing him by (by the reports) 20 million less than some other teams with their initial offer, when everybody knows that we NEED Suter, would have shown that they are serious.

This is why you don't try the extreme lowball tactic with somone when you both know damn well that you need them. The Wings bumped their offer up by 10 mil in the blink of an eye. Suter has to be thinking, well if they did that, they'll probably match any offer I get from any other team.

If they had offered him like 90 up front, with some wiggle room, it might have been a done deal. Now its possible we might have to pay even more than that.

Shrewd negotiating doesn't work so well when the other party knows that they have your back up against a wall and your just posturing.

#92 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

Lost in all this, Helen St. James has reported that if Detroit misses the Parise bus, they will go hard for Doan on the 9th...

Not really. Not lowballing him by (by the reports) 20 million less than some other teams with their initial offer, when everybody knows that we NEED Suter, would have shown that they are serious.

This is why you don't try the extreme lowball tactic with somone when you both know damn well that you need them. The Wings bumped their offer up by 10 mil in the blink of an eye. Suter has to be thinking, well if they did that, they'll probably match any offer I get from any other team.

If they had offered him like 90 up front, with some wiggle room, it might have been a done deal. Now its possible we might have to pay even more than that.

Shrewd negotiating doesn't work so well when the other party knows that they have your back up against a wall and your just posturing.

I don't think Holland lowballed him...guarantee that Hollands offer was on par with every other "contending" team that made him an offer....

If there were teams that offered Suter $100M-$110M it was more than likely teams that HAD to offer him that much for even a consideration... ie. Bottom dwellers...
  • ami likes this

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#93 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,661 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

Lost in all this, Helen St. James has reported that if Detroit misses the Parise bus, they will go hard for Doan on the 9th...

Of course he will. Any player under 35 has no place on this team.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#94 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

There maybe only a verbal contract right now in place as low key as Suter is he might want to wait till after the 4th to make it official
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#95 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,077 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

David Guralnick (@DavidGuralnick), photog for the Detroit News, has tweeted that the media is being blocked access to the terminal where Ilitch's plane taxis to. The plane is also on the ground now.

#96 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

Flight aware says the plane landed 20 min ago yet people are tweeting is hasnt landed

#97 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

Supposedly going to land in 10 minutes.

I love how this is so exciting and completely frustrating at the same time. Goodness! ksjdgs
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#98 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

Flight aware says the plane landed 20 min ago yet people are tweeting is hasnt landed

Jetlag.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#99 DYags

DYags

WingedGunnerlHybrid

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

Per Malik Report:

Update #12: The plane has landed, and the Detroit News’s Ted Kulfan says he’s waiting, but the Detoit News’s David Guralnick fired off more interesting news:

I was doubtful that Suter is on that plane. But media are being denied acces to terminal where Ilitch’s plane will land.
Media being sent off terminal property doesn’t mean Suter is on plane. Ilitch isn’t always up for a media scrum.
Ilitch’s plane has landed.

And Kulfan’s getting the shove-off, too:

Police have booted us away from driveway

Update #12.5: Here we go, from Ansar Khan:

Wings plane returned from Madison 20 minutes ago. Media not allowed on grounds. No interviews allowed.

Edited by DYags, 03 July 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#100 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

According to the GPS chip implanted in Ken Holland's ass, he is in Ryan Suter's house at this very moment. According to various reports, fingerprints on Ken Holland's pen match those of Ryan Suter.

Fellas, Suter will be a Detroit Red Wing soon.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien