• This topic is locked This topic is locked
487 replies to this topic

#161 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

I'd bite the bullet and say listen, we're already handcuffed as it is. Give us an answer tomorrow by noon or we need to go in a different direction. If he REALLY wanted to play in Detroit, he'd say ok.

F@king primadonnas...

#162 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 821 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

Is there a way to check the weight of that plain ? It might be heavier by 198lbs on the way back to Detroit.

#163 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

Please...if the requirement was that they could defend Pavel then we'd have noone on the blue line except Pav himself.

I bet Pavs doesn't walk right by Lidstrom like that.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#164 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

with Suter, Semin, Doan, and maybe even a trade for Yandle... our team will be our biggest contender since 09 by far. Maybe even better than the 08 wings. Built from the ground up with solid pieces throughout the lineup. Really, really excited

#165 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

esteef

But Lids was god...suter is not. =)
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#166 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

esteef

If he did, they'd need wider hallways. :tounge:

#167 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

But Lids was god...suter is not. =)

That's exactly the point.

esteef

#168 StevieBoy

StevieBoy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

esteef

Not every time...and he couldn't every time by Suter either. But Pavel is nearing a god in his own right. I'd sure love to see Pav and Nick 1-on-1. Would be damned entertaining.

#169 cupcrazy

cupcrazy

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 824 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

For all we know the hold up could be because Parise and Suter are trying to get good deals from the same team so they can play together.

I understand that, but let's be honest, these guys are both UFA at the right time. If so many teams didn't need them and there where other quality UFA they'd never get away with the amount of money they want, or being able to make there signings so drama filled.
Posted Image

#170 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

I wonder if the "answer," for lack of a better word, is staring us in the face.

Suter and Parise to the Wings would be an incredible coup. As such, the circumstances around it - e.g. the process, the logistics, the media games - would likely make for a lot of strangeness for everyone on the outside.

Maybe that's what we're dealing with here.

It's a stretch, I know.

Edited by Dabura, 03 July 2012 - 05:00 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#171 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
#redwings weren't only team to meet w Suter today. #MNWild owner Craig Leipold, GM Chuck Fletcher & coach Mike Yeo just landed from Madison

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib

Agent Neil Sheehy was also on the flight. Wild clearly picked up Sheehy in Intl Falls and gave him lift to Madison for both mtgs

Just sayin'...

esteef

#172 Gutierrez

Gutierrez

Rookie

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

Apparently The Wild met with Suter today as well. Owner Craig Leopold and GM Chuck Fletcher and coach Mike Yeo just landed at Madison, WIS.

#173 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

Maybe they're running it by the league so we don't end up with a situation like Phili had last summer.

Maybe it's that huge.

Maybe the guys want to announce it to their families at the 4th of July picnic tomorrow.

#174 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

It would be a great contract for us if he'd just make up his mind. I know this is a big decision for both of them but I'm really getting tired of this. Suter won't make up his mind until Parise makes up his?? Isn't Suter a big boy can't he make his own decisions. I mean I know they have both been offered big contracts to have them both go to the same team and that would mean a lot for that team but that doesn't mean Suter has to wait for Parise. I know I already said this but I'm really starting to believe Parise is just stalling to keep the spot-light on himself which keeps the spot-light on Suter as well but we really need a decision to be made becasue we need to be able to know if we can move on or not and build the rest of our team as well do other teams. I say they get until 4 of July and than we start going after someone else, becasue this isn't fair to any of the other team that are in contention to them while we are waiting on them to make up their minds other teams that aren't in the Parise and Suter race can build their team and by the time Suter and Parise make up their mind all of the decent talent is already grabbed up. I realize I'm very impacient but we need to hear something soon. IMHO After Tomorrow "SCREW THEM BOTH"

#175 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

Well there you go. If he signs with the Wings, he won't be getting humiliated by Datsyuk anymore. lol

Well then why waste our time on Weber next year then....

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#176 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

lets relax... these guys are deciding on the next decade of their lives. Give them more than 48 hours to decide. Geezaloo

Edited by stevieisthebest, 03 July 2012 - 05:17 PM.

"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#177 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

They are both ridiculous. makes me question them.

#178 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

I want doan and semin more than overpaying Parise. I'm very willing to overpay suter though. Then make a trade for Yandle. We have too many forwards I think flippula is expandable on this team and we will get high value. Franzen is a perennial 30 goal scorer with low cap hit he's more useful on this team like it or not

#179 Zetterling

Zetterling

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Ohh shuckey duckey. Have a beer on this one. It's a matter of living in a good neighborhood for a family too. All they have to do is buy a small airplane and a boat and a summer home and Detroit is just as good as any other place. #sweetenthedeal

#180 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

I want doan and semin more than overpaying Parise. I'm very willing to overpay suter though. Then make a trade for Yandle. We have too many forwards I think flippula is expandable on this team and we will get high value. Franzen is a perennial 30 goal scorer with low cap hit he's more useful on this team like it or not

Flip gives the Wings security at center. If Z or Dats are injured, he is the only player on the Wings roster that can fill in as a top-6 center. As the Hawks showed this year, depth at center is very important.