• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
turbowhistle86

Could Wings still make a move on Weber this year?

Rate this topic

If Ryan Suter eludes us, what are the chances of us out-bidding Nashville for Weber this season. Would the cap space available by Suter's departure allow NSH to submit an insane qualifying offer?

What would stop Holland from tossing a 12-year $100m offer sheet at Shea just to put NSH in a tough spot?

Shea plays for the Canucks next year IMO. But it would be interesting and probably shock the NHL world to see us offering Weber a RFA instead of waiting for him to be a UFA.

And by next year I mean after this coming season...

Prying an RFA out of the hands of another team is too costly. If we want to continue being a successful team and avoid a rebuilding era, we rely on those picks. Getting a player of Weber's caliber could cost us multiple first round picks. And I don't see why our division rivals would trade us his rights unless we pay out our noses.

If Ryan Suter eludes us, what are the chances of us out-bidding Nashville for Weber this season. Would the cap space available by Suter's departure allow NSH to submit an insane qualifying offer?

What would stop Holland from tossing a 12-year $100m offer sheet at Shea just to put NSH in a tough spot?

Having to give up 50 1st round picks.

Nashville has the opportunity to match any RFA and they reportedly have the money to match the proposed contract here. Therefore, if Weber wants to leave Nashville, he may not accept a long term contract since he could end up signed to Nashville for the proposed contract.

^^^^

I am have heard that Weber does not intend to sign an offer sheet because Nashville has promised to match any offer sheet he receives, so basically once he signs an offer sheet he will be a Predator. Not signing at least affords him the opportunity to leave next year.

Edit: because an & and are different words!

Edited by Opie

^^^^

I am have heard that Weber does not intend to sign an offer sheet because Nashville has promised to match any offer sheet he receives, so basically once he signs an offer sheet he will be a Predator. Not signing at least affords him the opportunity to leave next year.

Edit: because an & and are different words!

That answers my question, thanks!

Just so you know it is not me I heard that bit on a tsn video this weekend, not sure which one or I would post it again. It was Mackenzie that said it on the round panel and Dreger agreed!

I don't think weber would sign any offer sheet unless the prednecks tell him straight up that they won't match it. I think weber tries to force them to trade his rights.. If we do that and sign him long term, I say we win. That plus sign semin ad it's a great off season.. I'm still hopeful. Geterrdone Kenny!!

What would stop hom? The wings didn't offer their number one choice that much money, why would they throw more money at their number two?

What would stop hom? The wings didn't offer their number one choice that much money, why would they throw more money at their number two?

To clarify, I wasn't picking an exact number for the contract, just a hypothetical scenario. However I do agree that Weber is a better d-man than Suter.