Photo
- - - - -

Could Wings still make a move on Weber this year?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

The value is impossible to determine. Consider nashville needs him as their star player. However, he is an RFA so his value becomes less and its a risk for teams trading that he wont re-sign. Therefore i dont see the preds being able to move him for what they consider fair (like the nash situation) because there are no guaratees for the teams trading for him. All this considered i have no idea what he would cost in a trade. Value would change depending on the risks a want to take on. Holland doesnt take risks.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#42 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

The value is impossible to determine. Consider nashville needs him as their star player. However, he is an RFA so his value becomes less and its a risk for teams trading that he wont re-sign. Therefore i dont see the preds being able to move him for what they consider fair (like the nash situation) because there are no guaratees for the teams trading for him. All this considered i have no idea what he would cost in a trade. Value would change depending on the risks a want to take on. Holland doesnt take risks.

And with that ******* Radulov going back to Russia hence bailing on the Preds again, they are hurting even more. They don't seem to have much depth and they do not have even 1 high profile superstar forward. Their return to obscurity started as soon as their playoff exit happened. Weber is their last hope. If they don't lock him up, they'll have a hard time luring talent there.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#43 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

They could if Poile wants to get fired. No way they are giving us - or any other western team - their captain.
He will sign either longterm or a one year contract Nashville shops him to a hopefully bad team and we could make an offer for Weber next year.

Edited by frankgrimes, 06 July 2012 - 12:25 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..