• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

Ryan Suter agrees to 13-year, $98-mil deal with Wild

Rate this topic

Yeah.... Minnesota just quickly went from a team I couldn't have been more indifferent about to a team I will have trouble not rooting very hard against this season.

I know it's sour grapes and all that, but I don't much care at this point.

You still have the stupidest mascot in the league, Minnesota.

Guest mjtm77

13 years? Give me a break... The NHL has to do something with these ridiculous deals. It's obvious it's just circumventing the cap. Lots of teams have done it, sure. It's just ridiculous though. To think anyone is going to play out these 13 year deals is ridiculous.

As for Suter... congratulations picking yourself a new home where you will never see the Cup. Apparently thats what he wanted though, stay isolated, away from all the spotlight and attention, collect the big fat paycheck, and never live up to its potential. If we see Minnesotta paid him more in cash too, then its obvious Suter wasn't focused on winning, but more so on cash. He's got a far greater chance of winning here, or Pittsburgh, or hell, even Nashville than he does in Minny.

With a deal like that I'm glad he's not here. Our D is going to suck, no doubt, but 13 years, and what I'd assume is over $100 million... its just stupidity I think.

your like a little kid that didnt get his way.... grow up. The wings are not as high and mighty as you and half the people on here think they are. thoes two will have a fine 13 years in minny.

LOLOLOLOLOL.

For bidding more for Suter. You must be kidding. Please tell me you aren't serious.

For not hedging his bets YEARS ago. Lidstroms age was not a state secret. There is NO reason Detroit should be without a number one d man. Now no matter what Holland does he will screw the team for years. He's either going to over pay Carle or trade the farm for a flavor of the month.

Give Holland his due!

On one hand he did what he could & made a responsible pitch to the right guy.

On the other hand the Red Wings are not as attractive to players as they used to be IN LARGE PART because he FAILED to begin reshaping the team three YEARS ago; & that IS his fault & is the beginning of the end for him and his reputation as a premier GM.

Now, lets see if he can compensate and begin to repair HIS mistakes in a meaningful way.

Suter wanted to come to Detroit... Parise didn't... Suter signs wherever Parise wans to go. These guys don't give a s*** about winning they just want to get paid and have fun. I'm sorry but this is just the way that American born players are. The stanley cup isn't their end all be all. It's weird cause most other nations are passionate about the cup but it seems as time goes on players are choosing $$ and lifestyle over being a champion

Congrats to the wild, no ill feelings for both all the best.

For us: stay pat and push it to the max for Getzlaf and Weber next year and stay the damn away from Carle and Seminn.

Btw: Kenny did what he could and people want him faired? Grow a pair seriously

Congatulation to everyone who called this

Edited by frankgrimes

Well Semin is better than Parise and Carle isn't too bad.......

Carle has zero track record as a top pairing d man and has one decent season to his name. Anyone but Carle

your like a little kid that didnt get his way.... grow up. The wings are not as high and mighty as you and half the people on here think they are. thoes two will have a fine 13 years in minny.

LOL!! That's too funny. I couldnt care less we didn't get Suter. I'm assuming you're a minny fan, so I'm glad they overpaid for him rather than us. Do we need help, did we need him? Absolutely. To be tied to a ridiculous contract though for 13 years, at probably 7.5 million or so a year... nobody needs that. It's ridiculous.

It's not about not getting my way... i dont care. It's about teams, using 13 year deals, that will never been seen through, simply to pay a guy a massive signing bonus to lure him to the team, and spread it over a stupid long contract, a contract that will never see the end of its term. As I said, its not right IMO, we've done it in Detroit, and I'm still complaining about it. So... your post is worthless. Thanks.

Minny just became more competetive. This, this is where we see what Kenny can do. I have faith.

This is kind of his sweet spot, isn't it? Wings get socked in the gut somehow, everyone counts them out - but Kenny finds a way.

Let's just hope he finds a way this time, because our blue line...and our top-6... :no2:

For not hedging his bets YEARS ago. Lidstroms age was not a state secret. There is NO reason Detroit should be without a number one d man. Now no matter what Holland does he will screw the team for years. He's either going to over pay Carle or trade the farm for a flavor of the month.

I will agree with you that they should have done more before now, but at the same time kindle was suppose to be the guy. Unfortunately he probably is never gonna be better than a 5 or 6 dman. But to fire holland that is outrageous even if the last few years were not his best work. Let's sit back and see his next moves. If he signs carle and says we like our team then maybe we need to start considering that it is time to bring THE captain back.

Edited by YougotDatsyuked