• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

Ryan Suter agrees to 13-year, $98-mil deal with Wild

Rate this topic

We still have 17 mil in cap space and we have a seriously weak team. I guess it's time to let the youngsters sink or swim. Bring up Nyquist, give more time to Mursak, maybe even bring up Tatar. Who knows, perhaps it could be a good thing.

Uhh... offense is not a problem, at this point. Defense is where we need to worry. We have, what? 15 forwards signed right now? So Mursak and Tatar probably won't see any ice time with the big club. More than likely, you'll see Tatar in a trade for something we need, defense.

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Filppula, Samuelsson, Brunner, Bertuzzi, Cleary, Helm, Eaves, Tootoo, Miller, Emmerton, Mursak, Nyquist.... We'll probably shed Emmerton and Mursak in a trade of some sort. I say you trade Franzen and pieces for a need, sign Semin in Franzen's place...

Who knows..

Darn, drat and double darn! Truth is, Suter signing with Minnie is the second best-case scenario for us. A mediocre team got better instead of a real current competitor getting better, or at a minimum, just screwing the Wings. Preds got a little weaker, NJ lost a captain; they're not any better off than we are. If we can't have him, glad it was Minnesota.

We aren't done... we have what? 17 million in cap and a glaring need to upgrade our defense. I can almost guarantee we'll fill some needs and not overpay for them (hopefully).

There is nothing out there that will address the gaping holes in this team. Suter/Parise were the next closest thing, but even with both of them, I think this team underachieves this year. I really don't think we need to waste money on Semin or some second tier defenseman, or waste players and prospects for stopgap players. This is going to be sink or swim year for the rookies, and I bet Holland is feeling a bit foolish that Sammy and Tootoo are the big signings this year.

45]

Following

Wild players ecstatic. Heatley says he spoke with Suter 2 nights ago and swapped texts with Parise. Both asked: can we win. Answer: yes.

So let me get this straight..Heatley told them they can win and they took his word for it? What the hell does Heatley know about winning?

Heatleys a f****** Allstar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rcXI1fHZhc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

We are going to give up alot of goals next year.

And get Weber off your mind. He can't sign here cause Nashville will meet and then he's stuck in Nashville without trying to get more money or go to a team of his choice. And no way they trade him to a rival..especially a rival they just beat in playoffs.

If Holland brings in Carle I will stop buying Little Ceasars pizza & will not attend anything at the Fox.

Not understanding the hate in making that move... we need defensive help, if Kenny brings him on short-term, what's the hurt in that? He might even help out for all we know.

Darn, drat and double darn! Truth is, Suter signing with Minnie is the second best-case scenario for us. A mediocre team got better instead of a real current competitor getting better, or at a minimum, just screwing the Wings. Preds got a little weaker, NJ lost a captain; they're not any better off than we are. If we can't have him, glad it was Minnesota.

Troof. We didn't get them but at least Pitt and Chicago didn't either.

esteef

The Wild were elite last year for half the season before running out of steam. I think they might be in the top 3 in the West this year.

The Wild were elite last year for half the season before running out of steam. I think they might be in the top 3 in the West this year.

How can you be "elite" for half a season? I must have much higher expectations for a definition of "elite" than you do. Maybe they had a good half a season, but hardly elite.

Guest Crymson

Contract lengths are really and truly out of control. In order to get a superstar signed these days, it takes a giant, lifetime contract. This means bad things for the NHL. It has reached a ludicrous extent.

What a bunch of passive aggressive idiots on our board here....geesus get over it and all this nonsense about how far 'our prestige' has fallen.

They chose minny over everyone, including a chance to line up with Malkin and Syndy.....this had more to do with being close to home, family, and friends than the Wings org being a wasteland.

Good grief charlie brown, wings will be fine and all you crybabies wishing parise and suter illwill need to go out and light up your illegal m-80's and stand really really close to them!

1. Can't blame Holland or Ilitch, they did everything they could. Don't know if I would have gone up to $98m for each of them, I already thought $90m over 13 yrs was a lot.

2. Please don't tell me in the end it was about the money, $8mill after taxes is like $4mill ... over 13 years, that shouldn't be a factor for Suter or Parise. So they think that Minny's roster is closer to 'winning' it all than Detroit's?

3. Minny was the dark horse and they won the Lebron/Bosh sweepstakes of NHL. Now everyone will have the hate on Minny like they did on the Heat.

4. Glad they finally made their decision and everyone can move on. I'm disappointed but not devastated. If we suck this year, so be it ... get some draft picks and rebuild the good old fashion way.

I don't really buy "at least the Penguins/Blackhawks didn't get better angle." Sure, the Wild are probably a little further from contending than those two, but honestly the Red Wings aren't any closer than the Wild today.

It's fine to be relieved when your biggest competitors didn't improve in a position of strength. Right now, the Red Wings aren't sitting there at all. We needed at least Suter to even stay in the conversation next season.

Well this will be interesting. Whoever signs here next will know he has Holland by the balls. Time for things to get a little ugly and to see who sticks around.

I don't see why people are upset at these guys for going to the Wild. It's better than them selling out and going to a perennial competitor like the Penguins to win. Sounds like they want to win on their own terms and do it for the region they grew up in, which happens to be one of the greatest American hockey hot beds. They essentially want to bring the cup home. Makes perfect sense to me and I find it to be a respectable decision.

There are so many teams out there that wish they that they could experience what we deem bad news. We still have a good team and a great fanbase. Rightfully, nobody is shedding tears for us now. Our tradition, ownership, fanbase, and roster is still what other teams hope to achieve. We will continue to be a model for many to follow. GO WINGS!!!

I don't really buy "at least the Penguins/Blackhawks didn't get better angle." Sure, the Wild are probably a little further from contending than those two, but honestly the Red Wings aren't any closer than the Wild today.

It's fine to be relieved when your biggest competitors didn't improve in a position of strength. Right now, the Red Wings aren't sitting there at all. We needed at least Suter to even stay in the conversation next season.

I never said the Wings were in a better position, only that it's easier to keep abreast at this point. Minnie more than doubles their chances of being very competitive this year. I'm just saying better them than aiding and abetting a conference rival or a really good team maybe getting that last missing piece to be a true powerhouse.

Contract lengths are really and truly out of control. In order to get a superstar signed these days, it takes a giant, lifetime contract. This means bad things for the NHL. It has reached a ludicrous extent.

Agreed. I can't see how contract lengths that long are good for the league. It wouldn't surprise me if they limited length in the new CBA. 10 years would be a start. 7 or 8 seems reasonable.