• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#201 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

Helene tweeted Wings weren't close on money with Parise, I just wonder is Suter said if Detroit won't sign us both we'll both just go to wild?

Maybe, but I don't see why that would matter at this point, as far as this organisation is concerned it's now just semantics. Hopefully they find someone with more reasonable contract demands.

#202 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

Glad to see the wild have a team now, bad that we lost out on them in a way...BUT i wouldn't of wanted that much money to go to suter sorry. I eagerly wait for the response from the redwing brass:)

#203 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

If we would have paid that much money to Suter we would have been hurting in years. What if the cap goes down? What if Suter isn't as good as we think and its because he played with Webber all this time? I hope something happens soon for the Wings i'm really interested in seeing were we go from here.

#204 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

Wings will win 2 Cups before Minn makes it out of the 2nd round....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#205 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:37 PM

Wings will win 2 Cups before Minn makes it out of the 2nd round....

Don't be so confident. Every empire has a ending. The Wings are on the decline.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#206 cupcrazy

cupcrazy

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 824 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

As much as we'd all like to disagree with that statement the fact is your right. I don't think were close to missing the playoffs yet, but if Holland doesn't make the right moves over the next couple season we will be a non playoff team.
Posted Image

#207 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

I like Ken Holland. I like him a lot. I'm very, very glad he's our GM. Mad props, respect from me to him.

But, man, sometimes I do have to wonder about him.

I am trying to understand why people are blaming Holland. He made offers to both players, and both players decided to go elsewhere. Its called free agency for a reason.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#208 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

Nashville is in the same boat. They just lost Suter, Tootoo, and Radulov. Plus they has to sign Hal Gill. I feel bad for them. They will be trying to trade with other teams for a scorer and a new partner for Weber.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#209 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

The ripping/dismissing of Minnesota in this thread is laughable, they are a Backstrom trade to the Leafs for some D away from being a contender and they have a great prospects cupboard as well. And even with their team last year they were 20-8-3 or something before getting some injuries. They will be a team to be reckoned with in the West next seaon.

Putting aside my personal disappointment on not getting one or both (besides the fact that I'm happy we didn't give those contracts) this is a great and very well deserved day for the Wild franchise. I'm chalking this up as an acceptable loss since I've always been fond of the Wild.

Edited by T-Ruff, 04 July 2012 - 01:51 PM.

#210 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

People said the same thing when Yzerman left, and yet they won a cup a couple years later.

To say the Wings are on the decline is about an extreme of an opinion as saying they will win the cup next year.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#211 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

Holland did his best! Get over it and move on. It was obvious that Suter and Parise wanted to play together. Holland did not want to offer Parise the same amount of money as he did Suter.

#212 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

Knowing the numbers, I think Holland did the right thing by walking away. Hard when there is so much pressure but I'm actually glad we didn't try to top it with $100m for 13 years or something stupid like that.

Suter should also take a humble pill ... he should know that he is not worth $7.5/yr.

#213 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

My take on it all:

Suter and Parise Are The Real Losers Here

http://nightmareonhe...osers-here.html

Really? Guy who writes this is to be listened to?

Zach, ten years ago I met your girlfriend at a restaurant. I hate to tell you this, but she was into me man. She’s not into losers.

#214 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

People said the same thing when Yzerman left, and yet they won a cup a couple years later.

To say the Wings are on the decline is about an extreme of an opinion as saying they will win the cup next year.

I'm hoping for the best, but the Yzerman comparison isn't really the same. Stevie was basically a third liner when he retired and we had Datsyuk and Zetterberg coming into their prime. Lidstrom was still the number one D-man on the team and still near the top of the league in terms of quality of play. We have no one that comes close to that on the blueline AND lost a middle pairing guy in Stuart as well.

I am trying to understand why people are blaming Holland. He made offers to both players, and both players decided to go elsewhere. Its called free agency for a reason.

I absolutely don't blame holland for not landing Suter given what happened. But as I've said, he could've made moves earlier to ease the transition.

#215 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

Yzerman left the team with a stable Defense and some kids named Zetterberg and Datsyuk.

#216 Wings3:16

Wings3:16

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

So who's Teemu and who's Paul?
Wings in 2013...Bring the Cup back to Hockeytown!

#217 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

Well I can say one thing At least Kenny DID TRY this year unlike last year. I hope you never win a Cup Suter.

#218 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

I'm hoping for the best, but the Yzerman comparison isn't really the same. Stevie was basically a third liner when he retired and we had Datsyuk and Zetterberg coming into their prime. Lidstrom was still the number one D-man on the team and still near the top of the league in terms of quality of play. We have no one that comes close to that on the blueline AND lost a mJiddle pairing guy in Stuart as well.

I absolutely don't blame holland for not landing Suter given what happened. But as I've said, he could've made moves earlier to ease the transition.

Im sure all of lgw would have been thrilled had Holland done such a thing...sarcasm

Edited by beachwing, 04 July 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#219 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

Bet it...

Suter was coming here, but just because Holland knew Parise wasn't worth $7.5M, then Suter said forget it. Now when the Wild wins nothing in 13 years, he will be looking at Parise saying, I stuck up for your ass and we still don't have a Cup...Thanks!

f*** off both of them....I hope they are happy with thier wives choosing their lives....poosies...

Edited by LeftWinger, 04 July 2012 - 04:08 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#220 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

Wrong: they said that when Shanahan AND Yzerman left. And the team nearly made it to the finals that season, even with Kronwall and Schneider out. And then they said that the Wings had declined AGAIN by leaving Bertuzzi and Calder unsigned and only replacing them with Drake. And the Wings won the Cup.

Etc. etc.

I'm hoping for the best, but the Yzerman comparison isn't really the same. Stevie was basically a third liner when he retired and we had Datsyuk and Zetterberg coming into their prime. Lidstrom was still the number one D-man on the team and still near the top of the league in terms of quality of play. We have no one that comes close to that on the blueline AND lost a middle pairing guy in Stuart as well.

They deleted 40 goals from Shanahan as well, and they signed a goaltender whom everyone thought was on his last legs. All sorts of pundits said that the Wings would miss the playoffs.

Such as????