• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#241 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

We almost got swept in the first round last year, and that was with Lidstrom and Stuart.

We didn't match up well again Nashville, Datsyuk and Lids were injured and we lost one of our best players before the series even started (Helm). Without Rinne last year, Detroit beats Nashville and Minny doesn't have anyone close to Rinne.

#242 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

Posted Image

#243 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

So because people don't want to turn responding to you into a f***in' project that means you're right? NOT! I agree with harold, Lidstrom and Stuart leaving were not surprises and Holland is now trying to play catch up for all those times he didn't want to "overpay" or felt that he was "happy with our team".

esteef

Yeah, because missing the one and only #1 defenseman to hit free agency in the two years we have had cap space is such a horrible performance.

For two years we were tight to the cap, and could not have added anyone of significance without losing other significant players. You'd just be trading one current hole for another. When Rafi retired we could have done more, but there just weren't many options. Would Ehrhoff really be the solution to our problem now?

Any f***in' d-man that's changed teams in the last 3 years. How about that smart-ass?

esteef

So... Cam Barker and Sami Lepisto? Good news, then. Both are still available...

Edited by Buppy, 04 July 2012 - 05:40 PM.

#244 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

I see that Kubina is still available.....
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#245 EastonWings

EastonWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

how the hell did we get outbid by the wild? this is pathetic.

Minn had 30 mill to spend that's how. Sign semin and make a move for defenseman that's not asking for 98 million.

Edited by EastonWings, 04 July 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#246 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

f*** Suter and Parise. They can eat s*** and die. They already knew the situation and continued to string everyone along. Well, I was a fan in the 1980's Dead Wing era and will continue to be a fan, but expect to miss the playoffs for the first time in 20 years. Maybe they can have open auditions like American Idol? Awesome.

#247 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

Disappointing day for sure, but the fact is we need to put some young prospects in the lineup and see if thing sink or swim. Smith might get top 4 minutes and hopefully Nyquist gets a crack in the top 6. I wouldn't mind giving Cam Barker a shot here, but please no Matt Carle.
Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#248 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

f*** Suter and Parise. They can eat s*** and die. They already knew the situation and continued to string everyone along. Well, I was a fan in the 1980's Dead Wing era and will continue to be a fan, but expect to miss the playoffs for the first time in 20 years. Maybe they can have open auditions like American Idol? Awesome.

I hear you. I always hope people die horrible deaths if they don't sign with the Wings.

#249 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

What's funny is, three guys that could have won multiple Cups and would have been HUGE parts of a winning machine have all chosen to go to losing franchises in the HOPE that things get turned around by time they retire.

Schultz - By time these kids get their act together on the same page, they will be too expensive for EDM to keep them...

Parise - Not worth $7.5M, but Minn has proven year after year that they give up on their young talent when things don't after a few years....ex. Brent Burns

Suter - See Above, plus Suter really wanted to be in Detroit but was convinced by his BFF and his in-laws to sign in Minny....this will be a regret he will never let them live down... I am sure glad Suter doesn't do roids...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#250 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

Minnesota isn't climbing over Vancouver for the NW crown.

And be real people, Kenny wasn't going to offer Suter 8 mil when Datsyuk makes 6.7 and Hank makes 6.1 .

Edited by irishock, 04 July 2012 - 07:12 PM.

bringit.jpg

#251 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

Slight correction - the Wild didn't "give up" on Brent Burns, they flipped him for Setoguchi and two awesome prospects. If Charlie Coyle blows up soon, they basically fleeced SJ. Burns had/has serious concussion issues (like, as bad as Crosby) and could be "one hit away"

The Wild's problem is that they drafted horribly, overpaid Koivu, Bouchard and others, and generally made bad hockey decisions. Theyre a playoff team now, but I'm not sure those two guys automatically fix the terribleness of that defense and lack of quality depth.

Sent on iPhone using Tapatalk

#252 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

LOL
this was just posted in a hockey rumours and trades page on Facebook

Attached Files

#253 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

Well, I'm actually in a better mood about the whole schpiel. I just hope they somehow regret not joining the Wings.