• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

Ryan Suter agrees to 13-year, $98-mil deal with Wild

Rate this topic

13 years? Give me a break... The NHL has to do something with these ridiculous deals. It's obvious it's just circumventing the cap. Lots of teams have done it, sure. It's just ridiculous though. To think anyone is going to play out these 13 year deals is ridiculous.

As for Suter... congratulations picking yourself a new home where you will never see the Cup. Apparently thats what he wanted though, stay isolated, away from all the spotlight and attention, collect the big fat paycheck, and never live up to its potential. If we see Minnesotta paid him more in cash too, then its obvious Suter wasn't focused on winning, but more so on cash. He's got a far greater chance of winning here, or Pittsburgh, or hell, even Nashville than he does in Minny.

With a deal like that I'm glad he's not here. Our D is going to suck, no doubt, but 13 years, and what I'd assume is over $100 million... its just stupidity I think.

Those of you on the verge of a rage stroke should take solace in the fact that he is going to be in hockey purgatory for the rest of his career. Do not take this as an indictment on the wings, that would be a signing with the pens. This is a blessing in disguise. Suter is very talented but not worth the commitment we were ready to make. I would rather be successful due to homegrown talent anyway, not because we hired a bunch of mercenaries. Now everyone go the f*** outside and enjoy your holiday.

Well, we tried our hardest. Offered him a massive contract, sent the big guns to his house, and still didn't land him. I blame Parise for talking him into signing with the Wild.

This may be the most sensible reaction to date. Thanks for the perspective.

how the hell did we get outbid by the wild? this is pathetic.

Probably because they are stupid, and more willing to put their franchise into cap hell than we are?

Listen, I wanted Suter here, but... he's not elite. The cash he's going to get is far more than he's worth.

I'm very disappointed in how is worked out but I'm sure many people, including myself, could read between the lines. It was really down to DET and MIN for Suter and PIT and MIN for Parise. They only had one team in common. This just means we'll have tof****** annihilate the Wild every chance we get. For the next 13 years, here's to hoping they never defeat us in the playoffs!