• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

Ryan Suter agrees to 13-year, $98-mil deal with Wild

Rate this topic

Guest mjtm77

Suter wanted to come to Detroit... Parise didn't... Suter signs wherever Parise wans to go. These guys don't give a s*** about winning they just want to get paid and have fun. I'm sorry but this is just the way that American born players are. The stanley cup isn't their end all be all. It's weird cause most other nations are passionate about the cup but it seems as time goes on players are choosing $$ and lifestyle over being a champion

lol ima laugh so hard if minny wins a cup before the wings.

Btw your wrong it is not all about the cup even if it was you shoud give your head a shake, the wings are not a lock to win it every year like people think they are.

Suter wanted to come to Detroit... Parise didn't... Suter signs wherever Parise wans to go. These guys don't give a s*** about winning they just want to get paid and have fun. I'm sorry but this is just the way that American born players are. The stanley cup isn't their end all be all. It's weird cause most other nations are passionate about the cup but it seems as time goes on players are choosing $$ and lifestyle over being a champion

I should've instituted an IQ test in order to allow you to post.

This decision has nothing to do with how the team was shaped. In no way Holland's fault. These two guys weren't passionate about winning cups or being part of a dynasty. This wasn't a hockey decision. Suter will have to go down as the gayest FA signing. Chasing his bf around to whichever team he chooses

Who cares where either of them are from? They want to get paid. They're allowed to do that. Get over it.

Anyone want to guess where this guy is from?

Apology not accepted. Ass.

We'll be fine. With 16 forwards under contract (counting Abby and nyq), we've been setting up for a trade just in case. Excited to see what we do. Kenny has to have something up his sleeve. Weber rights? Yandle? One of those or something similar plus signing semin and it's a good offseason in my book.. We'll see

I will agree with you that they should have done more before now, but at the same time kindle was suppose to be the guy. Unfortunately he probably is never gonna be better than a 5 or 6 dman. But to fire holland that is outrageous even if the last few years were not his best work. Let's sit back and see his next moves. If he signs carle and says we like our team then maybe we need to start considering that it is time to bring THE captain back.

Kindl being a bust has been known since his time in GR. Holland has since 2009 failed to make this team better. Last season everyone justified it with 'well next season Suter' now Detroit has 2 options overpay or not contend.

I would keep an eye out for any client of Sheehy. I genuinely believe that he re-directed Sutter's interest. It's his job to rep the client, but I think his advise was more about Neil contributing to MN program then wat will bring the best combination of short & long term opportunities for Sutter.

Guest mjtm77

LOL!! That's too funny. I couldnt care less we didn't get Suter. I'm assuming you're a minny fan, so I'm glad they overpaid for him rather than us. Do we need help, did we need him? Absolutely. To be tied to a ridiculous contract though for 13 years, at probably 7.5 million or so a year... nobody needs that. It's ridiculous.

It's not about not getting my way... i dont care. It's about teams, using 13 year deals, that will never been seen through, simply to pay a guy a massive signing bonus to lure him to the team, and spread it over a stupid long contract, a contract that will never see the end of its term. As I said, its not right IMO, we've done it in Detroit, and I'm still complaining about it. So... your post is worthless. Thanks.

nope I am a huge Redwings fan. its just I dont think that every player wants to sighn here because we are "prestige". And your being a hypocrite if sutur signed here none of you guys would be saying s*** about the fact his contract is 13 years.

Edited by mjtm77

Kindl being a bust has been known since his time in GR. Holland has since 2009 failed to make this team better. Last season everyone justified it with 'well next season Suter' now Detroit has 2 options overpay or not contend.

I won't argue that point. Hopefully Smith is the cats meow this season as a rookie.