• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

Ryan Suter agrees to 13-year, $98-mil deal with Wild

Rate this topic

This is kind of his sweet spot, isn't it? Wings get socked in the gut somehow, everyone counts them out - but Kenny finds a way.

Let's just hope he finds a way this time, because our blue line...and our top-6... :no2:

It'll be tough making the playoffs with this lineup, that's for sure.

And that's providing we don't get hit with injuries. The defense doesn't look deep at all.

Shows you how far the franchise has fallen, that the Wild outbid us.

We should just trade for Trevor Gillies, and instruct him to take out Suter and Parise every time we play them. They're both dead to me.

Tootoo will take care of that for us.

esteef

nope I am a huge Redwings fan. its just i dont think that every player wants to sighn here because we are "prestige" and your being a hypocrite if sutur signed here none of you guys would be saying s*** about the fact his contract is 13 years.

I never said he should sign here because we're Detroit. I'd have been happy to have Suter, but not for 13 years. Would I take it... sure, I suppose. Doesn't mean I have to agree with the fact that a 13 year contract in any sport is ridiculous. It's done only to fit things under the cap, and it shouldn't be allowed in my opinion. I've said just as much already in regards to our own players who have been signed to ridiculously long term deals. Anyways...

Probably because they are stupid, and more willing to put their franchise into cap hell than we are?

Listen, I wanted Suter here, but... he's not elite. The cash he's going to get is far more than he's worth.

Kind of how I feel at the moment. Really wanted him here bad, but might have had to do with the gaping hole on our blue line this year. If he's FA last year then I don't necessarily care about him. Plus I don't trust the hype about a guy who half a year ago was overshadowed by his defensive teammate in Weber. He could by the sort of guy that will lose the hype in a season and then will have 12 years left. I understand Lidstrom was the greatest of this generation but he was always mentioned when discussing great defencemen. Suter seemed to appear when it became clear a lot of teams would be bidding during Free Agency.

That being said, I'm seriously disappointed that we didn't land him, we really needed him but he's in no way the stellar defensive talent that will be a key foundation to build a franchise around. Just he was available without having to give anything up but money. Unfortunately we now need to trade :( Obviously he made a decision based on the rest of his family life... and his secret life with Zach Parise :ninja::glare: lol kidding

I wouldn't have wanted Suter at that cap hit. Yuck. He's not even a top-5 defenceman in the league.

I agree, sometimes the best moves you make are the ones you don't. I would have loved to have him but 13 yrs at 7.5 per for a guy who really hasn't done anything in this yet.

I wanted Suter just as much as every one else here, but 13 years at 7.5 per is a serious overpayment. Short terms this stings a lot, but long term this could be a really good thing for the Red Wings. Next year is likely going to be rough, but who knows what the future holds.

Ken should get plastered and just go for it.

Yes, No, Yes, No. Please stop the demons in my head. I'm so confused. Do we go patchwork and wait till next FA or the deadline? Do we attempt to throw money around again? WTF?!?! NEED A NEW DRUG!!!

It'll be tough making the playoffs with this lineup, that's for sure.

And that's providing we don't get hit with injuries. The defense doesn't look deep at all.

s*** i had them having a tough time making the playoffs with suter, let alone without.

45]

Following

Wild players ecstatic. Heatley says he spoke with Suter 2 nights ago and swapped texts with Parise. Both asked: can we win. Answer: yes.

So let me get this straight..Heatley told them they can win and they took his word for it? What the hell does Heatley know about winning?

Edited by puckbags

Can't blame Holland... put up a competitive offer and knew better than to blow up the cap in order to get a guy who really, in the end, isn't the absolute answer to our defensive question. Now we need to turn our focus on Carle, Yandle, Boyle, Murray, etc... More than likely we'll have to trade... we certainly have enough forwards to make it happen, but I just hope we don't have to give up anything extreme, unless we are somehow going to get Semin, Doan, Nash, or Ryan...

We'll see...

I mean... where do we go from here? We don't have any real assets that would net a worthy return in a trade. At least nothing that wouldn't and couldn't be easily outbid by someone else.

Sure, Semin at the right price would be great. But he just saw us offer 13/$90 to Suter and lose out. He's not going to take a discount.

Carle... is no better than what we have.

It looks like we just have to have a mediocre year and hope for the best.

We still have 17 mil in cap space and we have a seriously weak team. I guess it's time to let the youngsters sink or swim. Bring up Nyquist, give more time to Mursak, maybe even bring up Tatar. Who knows, perhaps it could be a good thing.

Looks like a Knights year. London isn't that far.

We aren't done... we have what? 17 million in cap and a glaring need to upgrade our defense. I can almost guarantee we'll fill some needs and not overpay for them (hopefully).

Okay, peeps...it's not the end of the world as we know it. You'll get over this. Seriously.

Can we now resume our regularly scheduled lives?

If Holland brings in Carle I will stop buying Little Ceasars pizza & will not attend anything at the Fox.

Why not a 2 year deal at 10mil? Who else is better out there?