• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#121 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

SO!!! Dany was the X-Factor! By the way, it's Danny you dumb F***! Learn to spell your name right!!!

#122 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Okay, peeps...it's not the end of the world as we know it. You'll get over this. Seriously.

Can we now resume our regularly scheduled lives?
Posted Image

#123 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 196 posts

If Holland brings in Carle I will stop buying Little Ceasars pizza & will not attend anything at the Fox.

#124 YougotDatsyuked

YougotDatsyuked

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

Semin, Doan, and Yandle. Yes I want all tres.

#125 mmorland

mmorland

SRD Writer, Broadcaster

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

If Holland brings in Carle I will stop buying Little Ceasars pizza & will not attend anything at the Fox.

Why not a 2 year deal at 10mil? Who else is better out there?
"I can't believe I shook this guys frickin' hand. We lost and I'm pissed off. But to see Kris Draper's face makes me sick. I didn't see his face until after the game, but his face is turned sideways. If the league doesn't do something about that ... I mean that's ridiculous. He could have broken his fricken neck."

-Dino Ciccarelli

#126 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

We still have 17 mil in cap space and we have a seriously weak team. I guess it's time to let the youngsters sink or swim. Bring up Nyquist, give more time to Mursak, maybe even bring up Tatar. Who knows, perhaps it could be a good thing.

Uhh... offense is not a problem, at this point. Defense is where we need to worry. We have, what? 15 forwards signed right now? So Mursak and Tatar probably won't see any ice time with the big club. More than likely, you'll see Tatar in a trade for something we need, defense.

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Filppula, Samuelsson, Brunner, Bertuzzi, Cleary, Helm, Eaves, Tootoo, Miller, Emmerton, Mursak, Nyquist.... We'll probably shed Emmerton and Mursak in a trade of some sort. I say you trade Franzen and pieces for a need, sign Semin in Franzen's place...

Who knows..

#127 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,246 posts

Darn, drat and double darn! Truth is, Suter signing with Minnie is the second best-case scenario for us. A mediocre team got better instead of a real current competitor getting better, or at a minimum, just screwing the Wings. Preds got a little weaker, NJ lost a captain; they're not any better off than we are. If we can't have him, glad it was Minnesota.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#128 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

We aren't done... we have what? 17 million in cap and a glaring need to upgrade our defense. I can almost guarantee we'll fill some needs and not overpay for them (hopefully).

There is nothing out there that will address the gaping holes in this team. Suter/Parise were the next closest thing, but even with both of them, I think this team underachieves this year. I really don't think we need to waste money on Semin or some second tier defenseman, or waste players and prospects for stopgap players. This is going to be sink or swim year for the rookies, and I bet Holland is feeling a bit foolish that Sammy and Tootoo are the big signings this year.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#129 YougotDatsyuked

YougotDatsyuked

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

Why not a 2 year deal at 10mil? Who else is better out there?

Lilia already knows the system, just sayin :)

#130 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

45]
Darren Dreger‏@DarrenDreger

Following

Wild players ecstatic. Heatley says he spoke with Suter 2 nights ago and swapped texts with Parise. Both asked: can we win. Answer: yes.

So let me get this straight..Heatley told them they can win and they took his word for it? What the hell does Heatley know about winning?

Heatleys a f****** Allstar.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#131 GoBlueGoWings

GoBlueGoWings

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

We are going to give up alot of goals next year.

And get Weber off your mind. He can't sign here cause Nashville will meet and then he's stuck in Nashville without trying to get more money or go to a team of his choice. And no way they trade him to a rival..especially a rival they just beat in playoffs.

#132 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Not understanding the hate in making that move... we need defensive help, if Kenny brings him on short-term, what's the hurt in that? He might even help out for all we know.

#133 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Darn, drat and double darn! Truth is, Suter signing with Minnie is the second best-case scenario for us. A mediocre team got better instead of a real current competitor getting better, or at a minimum, just screwing the Wings. Preds got a little weaker, NJ lost a captain; they're not any better off than we are. If we can't have him, glad it was Minnesota.

Troof. We didn't get them but at least Pitt and Chicago didn't either.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#134 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

The Wild were elite last year for half the season before running out of steam. I think they might be in the top 3 in the West this year.

#135 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

And to think that murderer is the one who did us in.

F*** him too.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#136 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

Lilia already knows the system, just sayin :)

Hush your mouth. :P

The Wings are set for bottom pairing d-men. What they need is a top pairing or at least middle pairing guy.

#137 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

The Wild were elite last year for half the season before running out of steam. I think they might be in the top 3 in the West this year.

How can you be "elite" for half a season? I must have much higher expectations for a definition of "elite" than you do. Maybe they had a good half a season, but hardly elite.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#138 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

Well they are elite players but if we get Getzlaf and Weber for 180 next year, I'll jump for joy and make a yt of it.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#139 Jocke

Jocke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

Pari$e and $uter sitting in a tree...

#140 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

Has anyone actually seen the Wild's roster now? How the f*** do they expect to make the playoffs with their defense?

http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=18