• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Zach Parise agrees to 13-year, $98-mil deal with Wild

Rate this topic

I haven't really worked out all the math but the Wild have almost $36 million tied up in 5 players. Can they really put together a competitive team with what's left??

Competitive to make the playoffs? Abolutely. IMO their team is nowhere close to good enough to win the cup though.

Looking at CapGeek, they've got a respectable team.

Guest Crymson

Competitive to make the playoffs? Abolutely. IMO their team is nowhere close to good enough to win the cup though.

Looking at CapGeek, they've got a respectable team.

I disagree. They had a below-average offense and a very below-average defense last season. Now they have an average offense and a defense that is average at best. They have $2.8m with which to make additions. Parise alone will not be able to make a sufficient improvement to the team's horrible offensive numbers, and Suter will not be able to do so for the defense either.

Trolololololol

I tried to warn you guys! $7.5 mil cap hits?? Fletcher is af****** god. They both had higher offers with other teams and STILL chose Minnesota.

In about 5 years, those contracts are gonna come back to bite you in the ass.

Trolololololol

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

....and the NHL community gives a collective: WTF?

13 years for a perennial bottom-feeder/mediocre team? They've got to realize that their contracts have just hamstrung the team for at least a few years. Even with their additions I'm not sure that team is a playoff team. There's just not much to build around.

That's a ballsy move to stake your career on a team that has nothing but promises.

Minnesota was dead last in offense last year. Adding one player (albeit a very talented forward) isn't going to improve on that much. And their defense, with the addition of Suter, now has a whopping one notable players.

Trolololololol

I tried to warn you guys! $7.5 mil cap hits?? Fletcher is af****** god. They both had higher offers with other teams and STILL chose Minnesota.

Apparently playing for the money on a boring as hell team was more appealing than the chance to win.

Sour grapes guys, sour grapes. Don't worry, we'll take it easy on you this season :tease:

Uhhhh what? At best, these moves probably put the Wild in the playoffs. They're not contenders by any means...with the second highest payroll in the NHL.

Guest DeGraa55

I'm glad we didn't get Parise. Now sad we didn't get Suter we def. need a number 1 guy. But what can you expect...detroit isn't exactly what it used to be...Only thing I hope for is our streak of making the playoffs stays in tact this upcoming season and then we throw the bank at Weber.

Firstly, is there a Suter contract signing thread here? I searched and didn't see one.

Secondly, hockey fans can quit all the silly "these guys aren't about the money talk" now that Ive been hearing the past few days from various fans, as we can see that they clearly are all about the money. If Det or Pit had offered them the same 100 mil, they'd be signed with either Det or Pit. Point blank.

i personally put alot of stock in the "hometown" and "family lives here" reasons. just think, most of us being metro-detroiters would play for the wings no matter what if we made the NHL. Thats what they did. Just childhood dreams coming to fruition.

Firstly, is there a Suter contract signing thread here? I searched and didn't see one.

Secondly, hockey fans can quit all the silly "these guys aren't about the money talk" now that Ive been hearing the past few days from various fans, as we can see that they clearly are all about the money. If Det or Pit had offered them the same 100 mil, they'd be signed with either Det or Pit. Point blank.

They would both be in Philadelphia if it was truly only about the money.

Trolololololol

Actually, they only received higher offers from teams that had no chance to sign them...the contenders all offered them around $90M. Minny had to outbid those teams to land them. I am glad they didnt go to Pit or Chi. Congrats you got your guys, but we'll see how long it takes for them to win a playoff round or even make it. Not landing Suter hurt, but we still have $16M to try to get better, you have $2M and your D is pretty suspect after Suter....He wanted to come to Detroit, but was talked out of it by Paruse....for your teams sake you better hope they win soon, 5 years of no playoffs or 1st round exits will sour the mood pretty quick...

They would both be in Philadelphia if it was truly only about the money.

What he said, its obvious why Parise chose Minnesota. It was more about location than money or being on a stanley cup contender. Family came first apparently

Actually, they only received higher offers from teams that had no chance to sign them...the contenders all offered them around $90M. Minny had to outbid those teams to land them.

Exactly. I stand by my assertion and would even bet money that if Det or Pit or another top contender had made the same 100 mil-ish offer for both Suter and Parise, that they'd be signed with one of those teams right now. Money talks.

Sour grapes guys, sour grapes. Don't worry, we'll take it easy on you this season :tease:

Oh, man... if you really think these two can win the cup for you, you should stop watching hockey now and turn over to tennis women doubles.

Ami he is just a troll. Him and axe need to disappear. I don't mind people that have opinions that differ or are dramatic but to go to multiple sites and act like a fan is just plain stupid. And axe just spewing negative bullsh*t that doesn't even make sense half the time can go hang with his boy centcouger and Dutch rudder each other to the wild team photo.

Actually, they only received higher offers from teams that had no chance to sign them...the contenders all offered them around $90M. Minny had to outbid those teams to land them. I am glad they didnt go to Pit or Chi. Congrats you got your guys, but we'll see how long it takes for them to win a playoff round or even make it. Not landing Suter hurt, but we still have $16M to try to get better, you have $2M and your D is pretty suspect after Suter....He wanted to come to Detroit, but was talked out of it by Paruse....for your teams sake you better hope they win soon, 5 years of no playoffs or 1st round exits will sour the mood pretty quick...

Lol. They got outbid by Minnesota.. By $8Million dollars over 13 years. That's $600K a year. Pretty minuscule when you're talking about guys making Millions and Millions of dollars a year. If Detroit was really such a great destination and such a powerhouse, they would be with Detroit now and not Minnesota. It had nothing to do with money. The Wild actually have 4-5Mill in cap remaining and 19Mill coming off the books next year to go after another FA by the name of Shea Weber.

But hey, at least you got Tootoo right? Lol

Guest Crymson

Lol. They got outbid by Minnesota.. By $8Million dollars over 13 years. That's $600K a year. Pretty minuscule when you're talking about guys making Millions and Millions of dollars a year. If Detroit was really such a great destination and such a powerhouse, they would be with Detroit now and not Minnesota. It had nothing to do with money. The Wild actually have 4-5Mill in cap remaining and 19Mill coming off the books next year to go after another FA by the name of Shea Weber.

Parise has said openly that if Suter had signed with Detroit, he'd have re-signed with the Devils. The only place that they would go together was Minnesota. As for the Wild, they've got $2.1m in remaining cap space and in You're wrong.

Dead Wing era 2.0 is on the horizon. Have fun with that. :tounge:

It's definitely clear that you're here just to troll. Go find yourself a new hobby, child. Perhaps coloring books would be a good fit for you.

Edited by Crymson