94 replies to this topic

#61 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,338 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

Trolololololol

I tried to warn you guys! $7.5 mil cap hits?? Fletcher is af****** god. They both had higher offers with other teams and STILL chose Minnesota.

Apparently playing for the money on a boring as hell team was more appealing than the chance to win.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#62 centcougar07

centcougar07

Rookie

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:52 AM

Sour grapes guys, sour grapes. Don't worry, we'll take it easy on you this season :tease:

#63 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

Sour grapes guys, sour grapes. Don't worry, we'll take it easy on you this season :tease:

Uhhhh what? At best, these moves probably put the Wild in the playoffs. They're not contenders by any means...with the second highest payroll in the NHL.
"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#64 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:11 AM

I'm glad we didn't get Parise. Now sad we didn't get Suter we def. need a number 1 guy. But what can you expect...detroit isn't exactly what it used to be...Only thing I hope for is our streak of making the playoffs stays in tact this upcoming season and then we throw the bank at Weber.

#65 WingNutt

WingNutt

-DATS the way to Play-

• PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

Silver Lining, Parise and Suter still will both be playing for the Red White and Blue in the upcoming Olympics in Russia.. ???

www.datsyuk13.com ^thanks Offsides^
[press] "When you have the puck, how many people do you see?"
Without smiling, Datsyuk answered, "18,000"

#66 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:45 AM

Firstly, is there a Suter contract signing thread here? I searched and didn't see one.

Secondly, hockey fans can quit all the silly "these guys aren't about the money talk" now that Ive been hearing the past few days from various fans, as we can see that they clearly are all about the money. If Det or Pit had offered them the same 100 mil, they'd be signed with either Det or Pit. Point blank.

#67 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

i personally put alot of stock in the "hometown" and "family lives here" reasons. just think, most of us being metro-detroiters would play for the wings no matter what if we made the NHL. Thats what they did. Just childhood dreams coming to fruition.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#68 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

Firstly, is there a Suter contract signing thread here? I searched and didn't see one.

Secondly, hockey fans can quit all the silly "these guys aren't about the money talk" now that Ive been hearing the past few days from various fans, as we can see that they clearly are all about the money. If Det or Pit had offered them the same 100 mil, they'd be signed with either Det or Pit. Point blank.

They would both be in Philadelphia if it was truly only about the money.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#69 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

Trolololololol

I tried to warn you guys! $7.5 mil cap hits?? Fletcher is af****** god. They both had higher offers with other teams and STILL chose Minnesota.

Actually, they only received higher offers from teams that had no chance to sign them...the contenders all offered them around $90M. Minny had to outbid those teams to land them. I am glad they didnt go to Pit or Chi. Congrats you got your guys, but we'll see how long it takes for them to win a playoff round or even make it. Not landing Suter hurt, but we still have $16M to try to get better, you have $2M and your D is pretty suspect after Suter....He wanted to come to Detroit, but was talked out of it by Paruse....for your teams sake you better hope they win soon, 5 years of no playoffs or 1st round exits will sour the mood pretty quick...

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#70 WingNutt

WingNutt

-DATS the way to Play-

• PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

They would both be in Philadelphia if it was truly only about the money.

What he said, its obvious why Parise chose Minnesota. It was more about location than money or being on a stanley cup contender. Family came first apparently

www.datsyuk13.com ^thanks Offsides^
[press] "When you have the puck, how many people do you see?"
Without smiling, Datsyuk answered, "18,000"

#71 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

Actually, they only received higher offers from teams that had no chance to sign them...the contenders all offered them around $90M. Minny had to outbid those teams to land them.

Exactly. I stand by my assertion and would even bet money that if Det or Pit or another top contender had made the same 100 mil-ish offer for both Suter and Parise, that they'd be signed with one of those teams right now. Money talks.

#72 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

Oh, man... if you really think these two can win the cup for you, you should stop watching hockey now and turn over to tennis women doubles.

#73 YougotDatsyuked

YougotDatsyuked

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

Ami he is just a troll. Him and axe need to disappear. I don't mind people that have opinions that differ or are dramatic but to go to multiple sites and act like a fan is just plain stupid. And axe just spewing negative bullsh*t that doesn't even make sense half the time can go hang with his boy centcouger and Dutch rudder each other to the wild team photo.

#74 centcougar07

centcougar07

Rookie

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

Actually, they only received higher offers from teams that had no chance to sign them...the contenders all offered them around $90M. Minny had to outbid those teams to land them. I am glad they didnt go to Pit or Chi. Congrats you got your guys, but we'll see how long it takes for them to win a playoff round or even make it. Not landing Suter hurt, but we still have $16M to try to get better, you have $2M and your D is pretty suspect after Suter....He wanted to come to Detroit, but was talked out of it by Paruse....for your teams sake you better hope they win soon, 5 years of no playoffs or 1st round exits will sour the mood pretty quick...

Lol. They got outbid by Minnesota.. By $8Million dollars over 13 years. That's $600K a year. Pretty minuscule when you're talking about guys making Millions and Millions of dollars a year. If Detroit was really such a great destination and such a powerhouse, they would be with Detroit now and not Minnesota. It had nothing to do with money. The Wild actually have 4-5Mill in cap remaining and 19Mill coming off the books next year to go after another FA by the name of Shea Weber.

But hey, at least you got Tootoo right? Lol

#75 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

Lol. They got outbid by Minnesota.. By $8Million dollars over 13 years. That's $600K a year. Pretty minuscule when you're talking about guys making Millions and Millions of dollars a year. If Detroit was really such a great destination and such a powerhouse, they would be with Detroit now and not Minnesota. It had nothing to do with money. The Wild actually have 4-5Mill in cap remaining and 19Mill coming off the books next year to go after another FA by the name of Shea Weber.

Parise has said openly that if Suter had signed with Detroit, he'd have re-signed with the Devils. The only place that they would go together was Minnesota. As for the Wild, they've got $2.1m in remaining cap space and in You're wrong.

Dead Wing era 2.0 is on the horizon. Have fun with that. :tounge:

It's definitely clear that you're here just to troll. Go find yourself a new hobby, child. Perhaps coloring books would be a good fit for you.

Edited by Crymson, 05 July 2012 - 03:01 PM.

#76 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

This is almost as bad as a fan of the Leafs trying to troll us.

Congrats, you might actually make the playoffs this year. Do you want a round of slow claps? Your current roster has no chance at going anywhere near the cup.

#77 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,296 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

The thread is about the Parise signing. Let's stay on topic please.

#78 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

Two things, one, it's not sour grapes (there are some guys sour) it's more that we can not figure out why these two, with their destiny's in their own hands, chose to go to a team that they HOPE will turn around in the next 5 years to become a perennial playoff team rather than go to one of three other teams that are already perennial playoff teams... I understand family ties, but those family ties pretty much guaranteed at least half of their contracts they will miss the playoffs and Ron Paul has a better chance of becoming President in 2032 than they do ever winning a Cup...you cannot argue history, how long until ownership realizes that they need more than these two to win? And now with very little cap space available, they are hogtied...BTW, Danny Heatley helped convince them, well Danny Heatley has been mentioned in trade talks, so much for that angle...it already starts to fall apart... I think ownership was so hell bent on outbidding everyone, that once they signed the papers, they stepped back the next day and said..."Oh My God! We have over $35M of our Cap wrapped up in 5 players....Oh s*** this better work soon or we'll have to dump salary soon!"

edit: I forgot #2, at least now you are coming here a posting as a Minn fan and not posing as a Wings fan...that is step one to recovery!

Edited by LeftWinger, 05 July 2012 - 03:19 PM.

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#79 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

LOL at thinking Weber would want to sign with Minnesota. Sorry, he's not from there.

Yeah, lets spend 50mil on five players. Goood way to build a team.

Edited by Trapt1307, 05 July 2012 - 03:18 PM.

"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#80 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

LOL at thinking Weber would want to sign with Minnesota. Sorry, he's not from there.

ya more likely he goes to philly or pitts. young up and coming teams.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?