• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Zach Parise agrees to 13-year, $98-mil deal with Wild

Rate this topic

Lol. They got outbid by Minnesota.. By $8Million dollars over 13 years. That's $600K a year. Pretty minuscule when you're talking about guys making Millions and Millions of dollars a year. If Detroit was really such a great destination and such a powerhouse, they would be with Detroit now and not Minnesota. It had nothing to do with money. The Wild actually have 4-5Mill in cap remaining and 19Mill coming off the books next year to go after another FA by the name of Shea Weber.

But hey, at least you got Tootoo right? Lol

Dead Wing era 2.0 is on the horizon. Have fun with that. :tounge:

This is almost as bad as a fan of the Leafs trying to troll us.

Congrats, you might actually make the playoffs this year. Do you want a round of slow claps? Your current roster has no chance at going anywhere near the cup.

Sour grapes guys, sour grapes. Don't worry, we'll take it easy on you this season :tease:

Two things, one, it's not sour grapes (there are some guys sour) it's more that we can not figure out why these two, with their destiny's in their own hands, chose to go to a team that they HOPE will turn around in the next 5 years to become a perennial playoff team rather than go to one of three other teams that are already perennial playoff teams... I understand family ties, but those family ties pretty much guaranteed at least half of their contracts they will miss the playoffs and Ron Paul has a better chance of becoming President in 2032 than they do ever winning a Cup...you cannot argue history, how long until ownership realizes that they need more than these two to win? And now with very little cap space available, they are hogtied...BTW, Danny Heatley helped convince them, well Danny Heatley has been mentioned in trade talks, so much for that angle...it already starts to fall apart... I think ownership was so hell bent on outbidding everyone, that once they signed the papers, they stepped back the next day and said..."Oh My God! We have over $35M of our Cap wrapped up in 5 players....Oh s*** this better work soon or we'll have to dump salary soon!"

edit: I forgot #2, at least now you are coming here a posting as a Minn fan and not posing as a Wings fan...that is step one to recovery!

Edited by LeftWinger

Lol. They got outbid by Minnesota.. By $8Million dollars over 13 years. That's $600K a year. Pretty minuscule when you're talking about guys making Millions and Millions of dollars a year. If Detroit was really such a great destination and such a powerhouse, they would be with Detroit now and not Minnesota. It had nothing to do with money. The Wild actually have 4-5Mill in cap remaining and 19Mill coming off the books next year to go after another FA by the name of Shea Weber.

Dead Wing era 2.0 is on the horizon. Have fun with that. :tounge:

LOL at thinking Weber would want to sign with Minnesota. Sorry, he's not from there.

Yeah, lets spend 50mil on five players. Goood way to build a team.

Edited by Trapt1307

Well, if you want to get technical, sure $8M over 13 years is not that much, but the Wings didn't offer Parise that much, they offered him what they felt he was worth and that was nowhere near what they felt Suter was worth. So right away we weren't getting Parise and I hate to burst your bubble, but direct from Ryan Suter's own lips he said he was leaning towards Detroit but got talked into Minny by Parise and his own family, so spin it how ever you want, technically Detroit didn't lose out to the Wild, they lost out to family...which I for one can respect.

You speak of Dead WIngs 2.0, well at least we have been there are climbed the Summit and still make the playoffs every year, what exactly has MInny accomplished? You started out in a dead era of your own and have failed to climb out of it yet...let us know when you have reached the summit...

back on the subject of Parise signing, he even publicly said, if it weren't for family, he'd be back in NJ...so I really don't see the Wild beating anyone there either, NJ and all others, again, lost out to family...so what was it exactly you guys won again? You got two high profile UFA's who, if not for family, would have taken lessor offers to play somewhere else....wear your badge proud centcougar, and hopefully it works out for you, because honestly, I'd rather Minny win a Cup than see Cindy Lee Crysby raise one again...

and BTW, Wild have $2.1M in cap space...say goodbye to some players...

Edited by LeftWinger

What happened to the Suter thread? I must keep overlooking it. I just looked at Minnesota's defense, which currently has:

Suter, Gilbert, Stoner, Scandella, Falk, Prosser, Spurgeon, Genoway, Foster, Fredheim.

Yeah...that team isn't getting near a Cup anytime soon.

Their offense contains one good line and one line that could be good for a few stretches. I still can't get my head around their decision.

Dude, your team just paid Parise, who totally choked in the finals with a total of 1 point, $98 million over 13 years. Fletcher is a dumbass for giving him & Suter 13 years, considering in about 5 years, both contracts are gonna come back to bite you guys in the ass. And to be clear, I'd have said the same about Holland if Parise or Suter signed here with that kind of contract.

Neither Parise or Suter are elite players in this league. Both are unproven in the playoffs.

Congratulations though bro, maybe you guys will make the playoffs this year :lol:

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Dude, your team just paid Parise, who totally choked in the finals with a total of 1 point, $98 million over 13 years. Fletcher is a dumbass for giving him & Suter 13 years, considering in about 5 years, both contracts are gonna come back to bite you guys in the ass. And to be clear, I'd have said the same about Holland if Parise or Suter signed here with that kind of contract.

Neither Parise or Suter are elite players in this league. Both are unproven in the playoffs.

Congratulations though bro, maybe you guys will make the playoffs this year :lol:

I think if Parise and Suter got Wild to the finals next year and "totally choked" there the Wild management would consider their acquisition an awesome investment. They could not fill the Xcel Center on the regular basis last few years after many years of selling out every single game. So getting to the playoffs next year would be par for the course. Anything better is a bonus.

I think if Parise and Suter got Wild to the finals next year and "totally choked" there the Wild management would consider their acquisition an awesome investment. They could not fill the Xcel Center on the regular basis last few years after many years of selling out every single game. So getting to the playoffs next year would be par for the course. Anything better is a bonus.

Wild fans like Centcougar seem to think the Cup should be handed to them now.

Wild fans like Centcougar seem to think the Cup should be handed to them now.

And out of that excitement Wild sold like 1000 season tickets just on 4th. Wild owner and GM have been talking about making big moves this summer pretty much since the end of the season. They had to do something to avoid backlash from the fans. Also given that other sports teams in Minneapolis suck pretty bad at the moment it would be a good moment for Wild to become a winning team.

I must have missed something....what position do you play for the Wild?

3rd string water boy.

And out of that excitement Wild sold like 1000 season tickets just on 4th. Wild owner and GM have been talking about making big moves this summer pretty much since the end of the season. They had to do something to avoid backlash from the fans. Also given that other sports teams in Minneapolis suck pretty bad at the moment it would be a good moment for Wild to become a winning team.

Sure, it's good on the short term. You can't tell me these contracts aren't gonna come back to haunt them, though.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Dude, Fletcher is a god, haven't you heard?

Yeah he won Minny the Cup next season apparently. 1 good line, 1 good dman and a good goalie = Stanley Cup! The Kings fear the Wild! The entire NHL fears the Wild! I know I and other posters have said this already but I will say it again...have fun never winning the Stanley Cup guys! :colgate:

Sure, it's good on the short term. You can't tell me these contracts aren't gonna come back to haunt them, though.

Yes, Wild might regret it when these players are 35 and still taking 15M in cap space. But who knows what is going to happen in 7 years or in few months with the new CBA. Last CBA negotiations resulted in something like 20% rollback of current (at the time) contracts.