• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

We Need to Trade

Rate this topic

i know its far fetched and it wont happen but anyways ...

evander kane and bogosian for franzen quincey and tatar

keith yandle for kindl,nyquist and a 1st

bobby ryan for filppula ,emmerton and pulkkinen

brunner datsyuk ryan

zetterberg kane bertuzzi

eaves helm samuelsson

cleary abdelkader tootoo

yandle kronwall

white ericsson

bogosian smith

I know it's a holiday, but it's still too early to be THAT drunk

seriously guys,don't freak out here. Parise and Suter were both grossly overpaid. We are lucky to have lost this battle. A trade for Nash would be the best thing possible at this juncture. Frantzen,Tatar,and a couple of firsts?

Really, D men are priority one. Don't overpay for Carle, better to trade for someone at this point.

its too bad we cant make a big deal for weber and then sign him longterm ... in the end nashville will lose weber for nothing like suter if poile doesnt do something

I'm in for Yandle and Ryan, but am afraid to think of what it would take to get both in a trade. I have no qualms about sending Franzen on his way, but I would really like to hold on to Flip and would be bummed to see him go. I've avoided posting throughout all this free agent drama because I found myself thinking like a spoiled brat, but to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I don't understand their decisions, but I don't think it's the end of the world either. I'm excited to see what Kenny's gonna pull out of his ass to fix this, I just hope it's a big enough move to keep us in contention...

tumblr_llao1obtTj1qc4dhf.gif

i know almost as bad as the iginla and bouwmeester suggestion :P

At least my insane proposal had even value (if not skewed in CGY favor)... You're way over-valuing our pieces...

But yes, my suggestion was crazy :)

Edited by stevkrause

Anyone else think that giving up very little to trade for someone that's a short term cap nightmare might make sense?

i.e. Patrick Marleau - 2 more years at 6.9M

Can you think of any others like this?

Iginla , 1 year at 7m :)

we HAVE to sign Semin at this point so we can trade some of our other pieces. Franzen and Fil are the only thing of value other than our young guys nyquist and smith.

Stastny, 2 yrs at 6.6

leaves colorado shallow in the top 2 centre department with only matty d.

At least my insane proposal had even value (if not skewed in CGY favor)... You're way over-valuing our pieces...

But yes, my suggestion was crazy :)

calgary wont trade iginla

Anyone else think that giving up very little to trade for someone that's a short term cap nightmare might make sense?

i.e. Patrick Marleau - 2 more years at 6.9M

Can you think of any others like this?

no thank you to marleau ... NO THANK YOU

Iginla , 1 year at 7m :)

again ... flames wont trade there captain

calgary wont trade iginla

no thank you to marleau ... NO THANK YOU

again ... flames wont trade there captain

He's been on the block before and Feaster had said no one is off limits... I'm not saying they wouldn't ask more then he's worth, but he is most certainly in play...

we HAVE to sign Semin at this point so we can trade some of our other pieces. Franzen and Fil are the only thing of value other than our young guys nyquist and smith.

leaves colorado shallow in the top 2 centre department with only matty d.

I wasn't suggesting making a pitch for Stastny by the way, just answering the question of other contacts out there like that...

1st & foremost, we need a solid d-man with experience. Trading for Yandle would be ideal, Weber would be awesome but there's no way Nashville lets him get away now that Suter is gone. Matt Carle would be ok. Carlo Colaiacovo would be ok for a bottom pair player at low money, Pavel Kubina, although slow, is also a bigger body & can put up numbers & could be a good short term fill in. P.K. Subban is a RFA, and Montreal has been loading up with other playedrs, not to mention the personal problems he's had with teammates there, maybe we could make an offer for him. Not likely in a million years, but an idea. And since I am being completely "fantasy world" about this, Washington could use a big Franzen type guy... what would it take to land Mike Green (who is a RFA)?

As for forwards, sure, Nash would be awesome, but I think Ryan is more realistic, and I like him just as much. But what would we give up to get, say Yandle (or Green) & Ryan? You have to give to get... do we give up Franzen, Flip & a bunch of prospects & picks for two guys? I just don't see Holland wanting to move Flip.

My gut tells me there may be a move for a D-man like Yandle, and a free agent signing like Semin, even though I don't think Semin is high on the Wings wish list. But pickin's are getting slim!!!

I think we have to thin out our forwards and trade for some quality Dmen. We can sign Semin and Mueller to replace some forward depth in the long run. We also have Tatar in the wings with Jarnkrok being ready next season hopefully.

Here's what I'd do:

Franzen, Cleary, Kindl, 2nd for Mike Green (RFA)

Filppula, White, 1st for Keith Yandle

Then our D looks like:

Yandle - Green

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Quincey

Not bad and you could even put Carle in for Quincey if you like. Thats a good young D corps that is one Shea Weber away from being the best in the league.

Edited by dirtydangles

I think we have to thin out our forwards and trade for some quality Dmen. We can sign Semin and Mueller to replace some forward depth in the long run. We also have Tatar in the wings with Jarnkrok being ready next season hopefully.

Here's what I'd do:

Franzen, Cleary, Kindl, 2nd for Mike Green (RFA)

Filppula, White, 1st for Keith Yandle

Then our D looks like:

Yandle - Green

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Quincey

Not bad and you could even put Carle in for Quincey if you like. Thats a good young D corps that is one Shea Weber away from being the best in the league.

no thanks to green and mueller is damaged goods he's done