• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

We Need to Trade

Rate this topic

I want to keep Franzen. Really, when you look at it, Franzen's only had one bad season and it wasn't that bad by realistic standards. The thing is, I think Holland doesn't want to part with Flip because he is just starting to become what he expected. But I think Flip has more value right now and seems like the coyotes type of player. Franzen is a perennial 30 goal scorer and having guys that can be counted on for 25+ throughout the lineup is more important than having another solid two-way player

I want to keep Franzen. Really, when you look at it, Franzen's only had one bad season and it wasn't that bad by realistic standards. The thing is, I think Holland doesn't want to part with Flip because he is just starting to become what he expected. But I think Flip has more value right now and seems like the coyotes type of player. Franzen is a perennial 30 goal scorer and having guys that can be counted on for 25+ throughout the lineup is more important than having another solid two-way player

Franzen is 33 this year and has only scored 30+ goals once in his career. He has a good 2-3 years left of production before he is another "old guy" on our team with value only to the wings. we need to milk this cow in a trade before we can't anymore. Look how Philly flipped Carter and Richards four even younger and talented players. This is why we keep getting older and worse while other teams get younger and better.

girardi is going nowhere. he is the only dman on NYR that is top 4 with a RH shot. He logs major minutes and many argue he is better than McD.

girardi is going nowhere. he is the only dman on NYR that is top 4 with a RH shot. He logs major minutes and many argue he is better than McD.

With the right offer, any non-NTC player is moveable.

Crazier things have happened.

Edited by Dabura

I think we have to thin out our forwards and trade for some quality Dmen. We can sign Semin and Mueller to replace some forward depth in the long run. We also have Tatar in the wings with Jarnkrok being ready next season hopefully.

Here's what I'd do:

Franzen, Cleary, Kindl, 2nd for Mike Green (RFA)

Filppula, White, 1st for Keith Yandle

Then our D looks like:

Yandle - Green

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Quincey

Not bad and you could even put Carle in for Quincey if you like. Thats a good young D corps that is one Shea Weber away from being the best in the league.

IMO Flip is essential to the Wings. Young(ish) second line centers are rare in the NHL (many teams are currently looking for one), and Dats/Z aren't getting any younger. Flip gives the Wings options if Z or Dats are hurt, and he plays a great two-way game. Further, I don't see Flip re-signing for more than 5.5m with the Wings- after the free agent signings this summer, that is a steal for a second line two-way center.

are you serious??? mike green gets a cuncussion like every year and cant play defense and mueller also gets a cuncussion like every season those arent the types of players we need

so does crosby... 8.7mill long term. These guys both had freak injuries. Can't predict the future. Mueller comes for free so at least consider that.

so does crosby... 8.7mill long term. These guys both had freak injuries. Can't predict the future. Mueller comes for free so at least consider that.

your not seriously comparing that f'n loser crosby to mueller???? come on man i wouldnt even want mueller for free hes missed basically 2 yrs we need someone thats gonna be in the lineup

Guest Crymson

We sure could use some Hudler right about now....

I don't see the use for an undersized, one-dimensional forward who plays like a slug in non-contract years and requires good linemates to carry him and to compensate for his numerous faults.

Edited by Crymson

This!

We still have FA options for top 6 forwards in Doan, Semin, Mueller (could be an option)...

Kenny will have to do something he hasn't done for a while (TRADE)... trade for a top 2 DEF. Yandle seems to be best choice but I'm not so sure that he's available at this point.

why does everyone suggest the wings trade franzen? The guy signed a team friendly deal to stay with the wings and deserves to stay. What would that say to the rest of league about how the wings treat their players?The guy has barely any trade value, maybe equal to a first round pick, MAYBE

Everyone is upset because two big free agents went to a team for more money. So you want the wings to be labelled another 'philly'? A team that disrespects its players?

The same goes for cleary, he has a NTC and he took far less money to re-sign in detroit,

There will be free agents every july 1st and aslong as detroit keeps doing what its doing, they will be a contender every year.

"Part of this might be that we might have to go with some kids that we think are ready."

-- Ken Holland, Wings general manager, on the future of his team

Doesn't that imply a forward(s) being traded? The Wings youth is on forward, but the Wings have enough forwards signed. IMO Smith is the only dman ready to make the jump.

This is what I'm praying for (and not expecting) at this point.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Alexander Semin ($6.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Shane Doan ($4.500m)

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)

Damien Brunner ($1.350m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Tobias Enstrom ($3.750m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

Pavel Kubina ($2.500m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,792,045; BONUSES: $425,000

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $407,955

has us putting Eaves on LTIR and throwing Cleary somewhere (prob in one of the trades). we just have way too many forwards. Nyquist is traded. Abdelkader goes somewhere. I hate that we have Bertuzzi, he just doesn't fit ANYWHERE.

I think our best bet is to just load up on offense at this point because our defense is going to suck no matter what now.

man, that's the most unrealistic roster ever. I have no idea what we trade to get Ryan and Enstrom. We're so screwed.

This is what I'm praying for (and not expecting) at this point.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Alexander Semin ($6.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Shane Doan ($4.500m)

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)

Damien Brunner ($1.350m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)

Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Tobias Enstrom ($3.750m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

Pavel Kubina ($2.500m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,792,045; BONUSES: $425,000

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $407,955

has us putting Eaves on LTIR and throwing Cleary somewhere (prob in one of the trades). we just have way too many forwards. Nyquist is traded. Abdelkader goes somewhere. I hate that we have Bertuzzi, he just doesn't fit ANYWHERE.

I think our best bet is to just load up on offense at this point because our defense is going to suck no matter what now.

man, that's the most unrealistic roster ever. I have no idea what we trade to get Ryan and Enstrom. We're so screwed.

Utterly unrealistic, but I give you mad props for daring to dream.

Hmm might be time to see what kind of stones Holland has. He didnt overpay the free agents (cant necessarily blame him, he tried), time to overpay for some decently young talent through trades. The prospect pool is rich, and there is a lot of forwards so a couple roster guys can be moved.

I would sign Semin if hes being reasonable price wise, and try to sign a top 4 D (Carle). This gives the flexibility to move someone like Flip or Franzen for and have their scoring replaced by Semin, same with adding Doan.

Theres definitely a trade on the horizon that could see some young talent coming in. There just has to be

Edited by newfy