181 replies to this topic

#101 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

no thanks to green and mueller is damaged goods he's done

k cool, lets get old and let our players lose what value they have left.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#102 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

I want to keep Franzen. Really, when you look at it, Franzen's only had one bad season and it wasn't that bad by realistic standards. The thing is, I think Holland doesn't want to part with Flip because he is just starting to become what he expected. But I think Flip has more value right now and seems like the coyotes type of player. Franzen is a perennial 30 goal scorer and having guys that can be counted on for 25+ throughout the lineup is more important than having another solid two-way player

#103 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

We could sign Hasek at this point - god knows.

#104 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

I want to keep Franzen. Really, when you look at it, Franzen's only had one bad season and it wasn't that bad by realistic standards. The thing is, I think Holland doesn't want to part with Flip because he is just starting to become what he expected. But I think Flip has more value right now and seems like the coyotes type of player. Franzen is a perennial 30 goal scorer and having guys that can be counted on for 25+ throughout the lineup is more important than having another solid two-way player

Franzen is 33 this year and has only scored 30+ goals once in his career. He has a good 2-3 years left of production before he is another "old guy" on our team with value only to the wings. we need to milk this cow in a trade before we can't anymore. Look how Philly flipped Carter and Richards four even younger and talented players. This is why we keep getting older and worse while other teams get younger and better.

girardi is going nowhere. he is the only dman on NYR that is top 4 with a RH shot. He logs major minutes and many argue he is better than McD.

#105 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

k cool, lets get old and let our players lose what value they have left.

are you serious??? mike green gets a cuncussion like every year and cant play defense and mueller also gets a cuncussion like every season those arent the types of players we need

#106 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,015 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

girardi is going nowhere. he is the only dman on NYR that is top 4 with a RH shot. He logs major minutes and many argue he is better than McD.

With the right offer, any non-NTC player is moveable.

Crazier things have happened.

Edited by Dabura, 04 July 2012 - 02:31 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#107 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:32 PM

I think we have to thin out our forwards and trade for some quality Dmen. We can sign Semin and Mueller to replace some forward depth in the long run. We also have Tatar in the wings with Jarnkrok being ready next season hopefully.

Here's what I'd do:

Franzen, Cleary, Kindl, 2nd for Mike Green (RFA)

Filppula, White, 1st for Keith Yandle

Then our D looks like:

Yandle - Green
Kronwall - Ericsson
Smith - Quincey

Not bad and you could even put Carle in for Quincey if you like. Thats a good young D corps that is one Shea Weber away from being the best in the league.

IMO Flip is essential to the Wings. Young(ish) second line centers are rare in the NHL (many teams are currently looking for one), and Dats/Z aren't getting any younger. Flip gives the Wings options if Z or Dats are hurt, and he plays a great two-way game. Further, I don't see Flip re-signing for more than 5.5m with the Wings- after the free agent signings this summer, that is a steal for a second line two-way center.

#108 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

are you serious??? mike green gets a cuncussion like every year and cant play defense and mueller also gets a cuncussion like every season those arent the types of players we need

so does crosby... 8.7mill long term. These guys both had freak injuries. Can't predict the future. Mueller comes for free so at least consider that.

#109 freshy

freshy

Freshy

• PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

Gonna need Flip, his 2 way play is going to be crucial. Kenny better have packed Franzen's bags after getting off the phone with Suter's agent.
You gotta be the QB to win the MVP baby! You can't be the punter.

#110 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,015 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

so does crosby... 8.7mill long term. These guys both had freak injuries. Can't predict the future. Mueller comes for free so at least consider that.

To be fair, those guys aren't Crosby.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#111 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

your not seriously comparing that f'n loser crosby to mueller???? come on man i wouldnt even want mueller for free hes missed basically 2 yrs we need someone thats gonna be in the lineup

#112 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

One of those players put up 120 points in 1 season....

#113 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

lol okay, what I'm saying is that they could come relatively cheap and who are we to say they will for sure have injury problems in the future. we don't have a lot of options to be really picky at this point.

#114 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

We sure could use some Hudler right about now....

I don't see the use for an undersized, one-dimensional forward who plays like a slug in non-contract years and requires good linemates to carry him and to compensate for his numerous faults.

Edited by Crymson, 04 July 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#115 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

This!

We still have FA options for top 6 forwards in Doan, Semin, Mueller (could be an option)...

Kenny will have to do something he hasn't done for a while (TRADE)... trade for a top 2 DEF. Yandle seems to be best choice but I'm not so sure that he's available at this point.
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#116 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

Interesting to note that we are on Nash's short list of teams he'd be traded to.

#117 bogeygolfer

bogeygolfer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

why does everyone suggest the wings trade franzen? The guy signed a team friendly deal to stay with the wings and deserves to stay. What would that say to the rest of league about how the wings treat their players?The guy has barely any trade value, maybe equal to a first round pick, MAYBE

Everyone is upset because two big free agents went to a team for more money. So you want the wings to be labelled another 'philly'? A team that disrespects its players?

The same goes for cleary, he has a NTC and he took far less money to re-sign in detroit,

There will be free agents every july 1st and aslong as detroit keeps doing what its doing, they will be a contender every year.

#118 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

"Part of this might be that we might have to go with some kids that we think are ready."
-- Ken Holland, Wings general manager, on the future of his team

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitne...9#ixzz1zh4zCk00

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#119 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,015 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

:sleepy:

Don't Toews me, bro!

#120 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,666 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

Our big offseason acquisition will be getting a healthy Datsyuk for the beginning of next season.

:hehe:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.