• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Flip is a long-term solution as a second line center. Look at Chicago's season this year for how important center depth is in the NHL.

If Mule+Jurco/Pulk+Kindl/Cleary/Quincy+2 1st's+McDonald isn't enough, then IMO the price it too high.

The Wings aren't looking great for next season, but I would rather hold assests likely to help in the next 5+ years than gamble for success next season.

OT- Is the spell-check not working for anyone else? I'm using Firefox with spell check on.

Fil is only 3 years younger than Z. he's not a huge long term solution. he's a stop gap after datsyuk retires...

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#22 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Fil is only 3 years younger than Z. he's not a huge long term solution. he's a stop gap after datsyuk retires...

3 years younger and less-injury prone thus far. IMO signing Semin for 1-3 years at 5m, and trading for Yandle, Enstrom, or J. Bow is the best step for the Wings. Mule+ top prospect+Kindl/Quincey+2 1sts should be enough for one of them.

#23 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

3 years younger and less-injury prone thus far. IMO signing Semin for 1-3 years at 5m, and trading for Yandle, Enstrom, or J. Bow is the best step for the Wings. Mule+ top prospect+Kindl/Quincey+2 1sts should be enough for one of them.

I'd trade that for only Yandle or Enstrom. Not JBow.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#24 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

I'd trade that for only Yandle or Enstrom. Not JBow.

JBow should be cheaper, which would be nice, but he is not preferable. It would depend on the difference in price between them, but JBow is a capable top-4 defender.

IMO if the Wings make a trade, it should be for a defender. Lids and Stuart left a big hole, while the offense hasn't changed as much and was good enough last season. Further, IMO Semin would be an upgrade over Franzen, if he is signed to a short contract.

I wonder if Exelby or Janik will be signed as a 7th D next season.

#25 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:36 PM

We can trade for Yandle and still sign Semin and Doan. We have the cap room for them all. It can be done!!!
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#26 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

Wolski! We need a polack.

Is Oliwa still in jail?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#27 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

You want to change our image, you'd have to trade Pav and Hank for young up-and-coming stars to rebuild around. Most likely we'd be missing the playoffs for a couple years before we start getting back in contention. I don't really see how that's all that preferable to just making do with what we have and rebuilding later, other than being a bit more exciting in the short term.

#28 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

Trade for crosby. Only option at tjis point.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter