• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

The Next Move

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

Fire Ken Holland. He is worthless. He's wasting time signing guys that dont help us (sammuelson, bertuzzi, tootoo, gustavson) and not signing anyone that does help us. This is the definition of a bad gm. All thats left for him to do now is give Holmstrom another 2 years. This offseason had to be big for Detroit. Shultz, Parise, and Suterwould have vaulted Detroit to the top again. Instead - total strikeout AND overpay/extend for complete CRAP. Holland - you suck.

I'd say the next move would be to sign Semin and trade for a top pairing Dman. Holland couldn't completely kill the team for next year. If we spent like the Wild we couldn't afford to re-up smith and nyquist and fil and howard next season. The wild will have a hard time when their "top" prospects start needing a pay check and they have little room.

Fire Ken Holland. He is worthless. He's wasting time signing guys that dont help us (sammuelson, bertuzzi, tootoo, gustavson) and not signing anyone that does help us. This is the definition of a bad gm. All thats left for him to do now is give Holmstrom another 2 years. This offseason had to be big for Detroit. Shultz, Parise, and Suterwould have vaulted Detroit to the top again. Instead - total strikeout AND overpay/extend for complete CRAP. Holland - you suck.

Wouldn't want you to freak out or anything. Geeze relax, see what happens

I think we need to find at least one decent defensive stay at home defenseman. I'm not worried about puck moving defensman we are pretty equiped with those. Kronwall - Quincey - Smith - Kindl. I'm looking some more like Stuart (We sure are going to miss his presence).

It's not like he didn't even offer these guys contracts or try to acquire them. This isn't the summer of 2001. We can't just buy whoever we want any more. There is much more than money involved. You need to relax.

After alot of gnashing of Teeth and wailing and bemoaning the fact. I've concluded that the Tootoo signing was brilliant. I hated the Mf'er on Nashville. We haven't had someone so nasty and abrasive in a long time.

But the rest of the signings have sucked elephant nuts. We miss the playoffs, then Nill needs a promotion.

These moves made before the Suter/Parise fiasco was just shoring up goaltending and replacing people. I really like the small moves Holland made. Would you people honestly rather have Hudler for 4M for 4 more years or Sammy for 3M and 2 years... Sammy is the better player and makes us bigger and stronger. I liked Hudler and never understood all the hate but I'm glad to have upgraded for cheaper. Those contracts given to Suter and Parise were retarded and very short sighted. Holland is going to be making major moves and our D will at least look decent by the first game of the season.

Guest The Axe

If Sammy makes us bigger and stronger, im afraid. He is the biggest floater in the league. Absolute ZERO playoff value. Does anyone honestly believe the team, as it stands now, can get past the first round?

Sorry i dont see the gloom and doom we let the youngsters grow and who knows maybe as a collective group they put a chip on their shoulder and show suter and his bff they made a bad decision.

Just as a thought what if we had spent all the money and in the first game either one were to be hurt then where would we be.

Guest The Axe

We lose lidstrom. Remember? Its exactly like we just lost our best player first game.

Maybe Kronwall becomes that stud defenceman that he was projected to be, this could be his year to shine.

I can't fault Holland, I think my stomach would turn if we gave both Parise and Suter those kinds of contracts. He did the best that he could. Maybe we offered $90 mill to each of them and they took the $98 mill offer ... what can you say?

Edited by RedWingsRox

I fully expected fans to be calling for Kenny's head if he didn't sign these guys. Surprisingly, it's much (much) less than I expected to see. I don't know what else people really expected Holland and company to do? The contract offers were competitive, he flew out to meet and talk and up'ed his offer when he had to. In the end, it was family that made the difference. Not Holland not offering enough, not "Detroit's diamond losing it's shine", it was family. What was Holland supposed to do about their desire to play in their home town and be around their family? Based on Suter's comments, it's quite apparent that the decision was pretty much made days ago, when both Suter and Parise have been phoning/texting back and forth with Heately and asking if they can win.

Guest The Axe

Wouldnt surprise me if Holland signs Holmstrom and Arnott. Not at all. Follow that up with bringing Chelios back, and our team is set. Good job, Kenny. You Suck.

Wouldnt surprise me if Holland signs Holmstrom and Arnott. Not at all. Follow that up with bringing Chelios back, and our team is set. Good job, Kenny. You Suck.

And how many Stanley Cup winning teams have you GM'd again?