• Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

#1 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

Fire Ken Holland. He is worthless. He's wasting time signing guys that dont help us (sammuelson, bertuzzi, tootoo, gustavson) and not signing anyone that does help us. This is the definition of a bad gm. All thats left for him to do now is give Holmstrom another 2 years. This offseason had to be big for Detroit. Shultz, Parise, and Suterwould have vaulted Detroit to the top again. Instead - total strikeout AND overpay/extend for complete CRAP. Holland - you suck.

#2 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

I'd say the next move would be to sign Semin and trade for a top pairing Dman. Holland couldn't completely kill the team for next year. If we spent like the Wild we couldn't afford to re-up smith and nyquist and fil and howard next season. The wild will have a hard time when their "top" prospects start needing a pay check and they have little room.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#3 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

Fire Ken Holland. He is worthless. He's wasting time signing guys that dont help us (sammuelson, bertuzzi, tootoo, gustavson) and not signing anyone that does help us. This is the definition of a bad gm. All thats left for him to do now is give Holmstrom another 2 years. This offseason had to be big for Detroit. Shultz, Parise, and Suterwould have vaulted Detroit to the top again. Instead - total strikeout AND overpay/extend for complete CRAP. Holland - you suck.

Wouldn't want you to freak out or anything. Geeze relax, see what happens

#4 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

You can go join the Wild board..
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#5 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

I think we need to find at least one decent defensive stay at home defenseman. I'm not worried about puck moving defensman we are pretty equiped with those. Kronwall - Quincey - Smith - Kindl. I'm looking some more like Stuart (We sure are going to miss his presence).

#6 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

It's not like he didn't even offer these guys contracts or try to acquire them. This isn't the summer of 2001. We can't just buy whoever we want any more. There is much more than money involved. You need to relax.

#7 Stinkyness

Stinkyness

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

After alot of gnashing of Teeth and wailing and bemoaning the fact. I've concluded that the Tootoo signing was brilliant. I hated the Mf'er on Nashville. We haven't had someone so nasty and abrasive in a long time.

But the rest of the signings have sucked elephant nuts. We miss the playoffs, then Nill needs a promotion.

#8 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

These moves made before the Suter/Parise fiasco was just shoring up goaltending and replacing people. I really like the small moves Holland made. Would you people honestly rather have Hudler for 4M for 4 more years or Sammy for 3M and 2 years... Sammy is the better player and makes us bigger and stronger. I liked Hudler and never understood all the hate but I'm glad to have upgraded for cheaper. Those contracts given to Suter and Parise were retarded and very short sighted. Holland is going to be making major moves and our D will at least look decent by the first game of the season.

#9 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

Let's all wait and see what Kenny does before we call for his head. I think he has something up his sleeve. At least he didn't resign Hudler.

#10 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

Happy 4th of July!!!!!!!!
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#11 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

i really want to see what holland plans to do now

#12 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

If Sammy makes us bigger and stronger, im afraid. He is the biggest floater in the league. Absolute ZERO playoff value. Does anyone honestly believe the team, as it stands now, can get past the first round?

#13 AtlantaHotWings

AtlantaHotWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

Sorry i dont see the gloom and doom we let the youngsters grow and who knows maybe as a collective group they put a chip on their shoulder and show suter and his bff they made a bad decision.

Just as a thought what if we had spent all the money and in the first game either one were to be hurt then where would we be.

"Wakie, wakie hands off Snakie" - Jason Lee of Earl

#14 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

We lose lidstrom. Remember? Its exactly like we just lost our best player first game.

#15 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

Pissed we lost out but that's life. I love the small moves he made. Just have to add some scoring Semin would be a nice addition. I like our D a lot. I think we're young talented just need to grow a bit
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 Dirty Dangle

Dirty Dangle

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

Enjoying some ginger ales on the Fourth of July I see.

#17 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

Kill everyone, burn down the city, arghhhhhhhhh

:rolleyes:

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#18 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

Maybe Kronwall becomes that stud defenceman that he was projected to be, this could be his year to shine.

I can't fault Holland, I think my stomach would turn if we gave both Parise and Suter those kinds of contracts. He did the best that he could. Maybe we offered $90 mill to each of them and they took the $98 mill offer ... what can you say?

Edited by RedWingsRox, 04 July 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#19 GoOzzieGo

GoOzzieGo

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

Absolute ZERO playoff value.

You might want to look into that a bit more. Actually, he has pretty decent playoff numbers for the role he plays.

#20 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

It's a good thing you're not in charge of things
IPB Image